Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16544 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2004, 05:36:38 AM »
Thats cool. I bet Daz has some good stuff from Crooked, Mac Shawn and them back when it was Dogg Pound / Death Row. Back when I was into this rap music.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2004, 05:41:35 AM »
Yeah its a pity we probably wont hear any of those songs-ive always like daz's production

Mygla

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2004, 06:29:41 AM »
11 Against All Odds - Danny Boy

It's a slow jam and has a choir at the end. I believe this was recorded right after he completed his Death Row debut LP. So lets say 97. Thats a Dubcc exclusive sample too, you wont hear that anywhere else ever. Please dont pass it around.

to be honest i didn't believe you at all before you posted this track.... sorry bout that  ;D

Is there any posibility that you'll leak any of the shit you got in cdq?

that Danny Boy track is smoooth as hell, prolly the best i've heard from him..

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2004, 06:40:03 AM »

to be honest i didn't believe you at all before you posted this track.... sorry bout that  ;D

Is there any posibility that you'll leak any of the shit you got in cdq?

that Danny Boy track is smoooth as hell, prolly the best i've heard from him..

Its ok, your not the only one, nobody has ever believed anything I used to say here. I did leak some tracks back in the day, such as "Smokin The Bud" from Jewell's album that Snoop produced and rapped on. You'll notice if you have that song in Mp3 that my website tags were taken off by Gfunk.de and they re-posted it. Listen close you can hear the jumps.

Theres one song that would hit #1 in any Pop/R&B Charts ever, on Danny Boy's album its called, "Impossible". The track on DBSoul.com called "Inseperable" is also a good one, its got that Ginuwine vibe.

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Mygla

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2004, 06:44:08 AM »
you're one lucky muthafucka  :D lol

I really hope Danny Boy gets an album out, he's a great singer!

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2004, 06:51:52 AM »
Yeah he is, hes just signed a group called the MOB STARZ to his Platinum Pearl company. They are 4 rappers from Cali. The Platinum Pearl album is on hold though and may not drop for a long long time. It was planned to come out before his solo, but thats not the case now.

Did you know DB was in the Thank You's on Ginuwine's 1st couple albums. Ginuwine is also related to the Jodeci family and he worked with DB back in 96. He did Background vocals on SLIP N SLIDE.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 06:53:37 AM by Que »

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2004, 07:15:05 AM »
Yeah always liked Danny Boy-he's got a lot of talent-hopefully he gets an album out soon-what would you give Untouchable out of 10?I know you said it wasnt a classic but i bet there was some hot songs on it-i hope the full version of g'd up n banged out gets leaked some day-thats some of the best crooked i i've heard

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2004, 07:47:50 AM »
damn thx for all the info and the db snippet que
I already said the tracks at dbsoul were dope as fuck,especially Troubled man
do u know who produced it(and if it's a old song?)

also I think dubcc members wouldn't mind hearing a clip of slap back  :)

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2004, 08:32:01 AM »
man please hook us up with crook show or the slap back  :o
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2004, 08:52:34 AM »

"Troubled Man" was recorded in 2000, it was produced by Chicago's Wildstyle of the group, Crucial Conflict. That song was played a few times on local radio in Chicago back in 2000/2001.

Conor, Crooked I's Death Row album would get a 10/10, an instant classic. But remember Dr Dre "The Chronic" and Snoops "Doggystyle" were beyond that. Those 2 albums created a new movement. Those "Classic" Death Row albums were made at the height of Death Row's reign, Suge was behind them and the DEATH ROW FAMILY was involved. Crooked I had to work on his own with his own clique. Suge got him the features which was cool, but the vibe wasnt like it was in 94.

Something cool about Death Row I was told by DB, that Left Eye's Death Row Records album was one of the best albums he had EVER heard and IF or WHEN released would be an INSTANT success both for Death Row standards and with the charts everywhere. He said it was Single after Single/Hit after Hit.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 09:03:07 AM by Que »

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2004, 09:06:37 AM »

"Troubled Man" was recorded in 2000, it was produced by Chicago's Wildstyle of the group, Crucial Conflict. That song was played a few times on local radio in Chicago back in 2000/2001.

Conor, Crooked I's Death Row album would get a 10/10, an instant classic. But remember Dr Dre "The Chronic" and Snoops "Doggystyle" were beyond that. Those 2 albums created a new movement. Those "Classic" Death Row albums were made at the height of Death Row's reign, Suge was behind them and the DEATH ROW FAMILY was involved. Crooked I had to work on his own with his own clique. Suge got him the features which was cool, but the vibe wasnt like it was in 94.

Something cool about Death Row I was told by DB, that Left Eye's Death Row Records album was one of the best albums he had EVER heard and IF or WHEN released would be an INSTANT success both for Death Row standards and with the charts everywhere. He said it was Single after Single/Hit after Hit.

Cool thanks..now i really wanna hear it some day

mauzip

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2004, 09:11:05 AM »

Do you think Left Eye's DR album would have been released if she didn't have that fatal car accident?

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2004, 09:17:58 AM »
Yeah for sure. When Suge called DB to get him back in LA and back on Tha Row, the 1st tracks he stared working on were for Left Eye's album. That was a huge project, it had features from Tupac, Crooked I, Ray J, Danny Boy, Kurupt and some huge artists outside of Death Row. There was a rumor that she was going to quit Death Row just days before she passed, but I never heard this.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2004, 09:21:15 AM »
sorry to annoy you with all these questions,but do u think there's a chance death row release her album?

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2004, 09:26:21 AM »
sorry to annoy you with all these questions,but do u think there's a chance death row release her album?

You dont annoy me. Ask anything and I'll try and answer it as best I can. Im a fan of that label just like you, I don't think the Left Eye album will ever see light of day.