Author Topic: Wellfare (A crack in the system)  (Read 441 times)

Strong Arm

Re: Wellfare (A crack in the system)
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 04:19:29 PM »
GoodLuvn169 what is the highest level of education you have completed ?

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 04:30:04 PM »
GoodLuvn169 what is the highest level of education you have completed ?
I'm about to enter my senior year of high school

Strong Arm

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 04:40:49 PM »
You will soon learn about the real world. A lot of things are not fair.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2004, 04:42:56 PM »
Maybe I'll change when I'm older, but right now this is the way I feel.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2004, 04:50:13 PM »

honestly, when your still in high school, instead of having opinions, just listen to what people are trying to teach, and live life. Opinions are like ass holes, we all have them, but it's when we learn to back up those opinions that people will learn to respect what we have to say. Right now you are too young, learn some, read about your favorite people, get a hero, even if it's Rush or Pat Buchanan, I mean just learn, and learn why you believe what you believe. I have tons of lifetime experience, I'm only 23, and I read a lot on these issues, I've complete college, and worked the whole time, I've been broke, in debt, had money in my bank account, lived pay check to pay check. If you try to talk about these issues, like welfare which my family was on, I already know more than you, I've lived it, read it, hear both sides, lived both sides, so it's not fair to you to try to talk to me about it. Now someone like Trauma, who has more life, who graduated college, he can come correct, but right now you are talking loud but not saying a god damn thing.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2004, 04:53:10 PM »

honestly, when your still in high school, instead of having opinions, just listen to what people are trying to teach, and live life. Opinions are like ass holes, we all have them, but it's when we learn to back up those opinions that people will learn to respect what we have to say. Right now you are too young, learn some, read about your favorite people, get a hero, even if it's Rush or Pat Buchanan, I mean just learn, and learn why you believe what you believe. I have tons of lifetime experience, I'm only 23, and I read a lot on these issues, I've complete college, and worked the whole time, I've been broke, in debt, had money in my bank account, lived pay check to pay check. If you try to talk about these issues, like welfare which my family was on, I already know more than you, I've lived it, read it, hear both sides, lived both sides, so it's not fair to you to try to talk to me about it. Now someone like Trauma, who has more life, who graduated college, he can come correct, but right now you are talking loud but not saying a god damn thing.
I'm hearing you.  But don't say I can't back my shit up.  I think I've proved that in my initial post.

Jome

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2004, 07:15:26 PM »

;D

Welfare systems doesn't seem fair when you are young, hungry to earn money, and ready to work for it.
If you'll get in a situation, where you can no longer work, either due to sickness, family issues, being fired, etc. you'll notice what a great system the welfare system is.

That said, the welfare system should be revised very often, the ones trying to live the good life off cheating the system will find new ways to push, bend or avoid the law, all the time, and every time the system changes.

Woodrow

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004, 07:20:18 PM »
So welfare is not the problem, the minimum wage is.  Start paying your workers what they deserve and they will stop taking the easy option.

So where are the employers going to get this "Extra" money to pay people more?

The problem with raising the minimum wage is that you're gonna have to let workers go to make up for the increase.

What do you think about inflation?

Jome

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2004, 07:51:22 PM »
So welfare is not the problem, the minimum wage is.  Start paying your workers what they deserve and they will stop taking the easy option.

The problem with raising the minimum wage is that you're gonna have to let workers go to make up for the increase.

LoL..
Everybody knows that big corporate America makes BILLIONS, and that most of it goes into the big bosses pockets..

I saw a docu about Wal-Mart, the owners are like some of the richest people in the world, and the people working "on the floor" makes jack shit, they start at $15.000 a year or something..  ??? Disgusting, imo.
And then they're not even allowed to talk with co-workers...  ??? Is this a U.S. store or Saddam's government.. ?
They're probably not the only one though..

Why should 1 person make billions a year, and the rest of the thousand workers make $15.000-20.. ???
Freedom to make money.. ?

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2004, 07:56:53 PM »

LoL..
Everybody knows that big corporate America makes BILLIONS, and that most of it goes into the big bosses pockets..

I saw a docu about Wal-Mart, the owners are like some of the richest people in the world, and the people working "on the floor" makes jack shit, they start at $15.000 a year or something..  ??? Disgusting, imo.
And then they're not even allowed to talk with co-workers...  ??? Is this a U.S. store or Saddam's government.. ?
They're probably not the only one though..

Why should 1 person make billions a year, and the rest of the thousand workers make $15.000-20.. ???
Freedom to make money.. ?

Well said
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Strong Arm

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2004, 07:57:28 PM »

;D

Welfare systems doesn't seem fair when you are young, hungry to earn money, and ready to work for it.
If you'll get in a situation, where you can no longer work, either due to sickness, family issues, being fired, etc. you'll notice what a great system the welfare system is.

That said, the welfare system should be revised very often, the ones trying to live the good life off cheating the system will find new ways to push, bend or avoid the law, all the time, and every time the system changes.

I was talking about his one example about the pregnant girl.

Jome

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2004, 07:59:17 PM »
I was talking about his one example about the pregnant girl.

I was just agreeing that dude needs to learn more about the real world..  8)