Author Topic: Wellfare (A crack in the system)  (Read 442 times)

GoodLuvn169

Wellfare (A crack in the system)
« on: July 15, 2004, 01:36:28 PM »
Wellfare is an unneeded infringment on economic freedoms in America.  Just to prove how fucked up this system is I will tell you all a true story.

A yougn woman in America has a child out of wedlock.  The mother needs to work two jobs to support the child and herself.  The two jobs earn a little over minimum wage.  Sadly the woman has to quit her job to take care of her child.  She applies for wellfare.  Under wellfare she was recieving more money then she was making when she was working.  So that means someone somewhere else who is working hard to get by is paying for someone else who isn't working to live better then they are.

There are thousands upon thousands of cases like this.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 01:48:59 PM by GoodLuvn169 »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Wellfare (A crack in the system)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 01:45:03 PM »
yep

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 02:44:57 PM »
Misconceptions. I should know, my family was on welfare for about 7 years.

First and foremost, if you are working, you are paying taxes for welfare, and if you run into trouble, then you should be intitled to some help. Now welfare doesn't give you that much. It's alittle bit more than working min wage in the U.S., and in California that's less because our min wage is 6.50, so you make more working two jobs than welfare. Now for other states, and Cali, you need a good reason to get welfare. It can't be, oh I'm a crack head I need welfare. Social workers check out your situatiion, and say you have a child, if it is better that the child has a parent at home instead of them always being gone, then they'll give you welfare so that the child can be raised so that they don't grow up to be trouble makers. Remember, once a child is born, the most important fact is the child, not the parent. The parent has messed up, now it's time to try and get that child to have a good home, if the parent is a crack head, then they take the child to another home. Now when that child becomes old enough to take care of themself after school, then the parent has many welfare benefits taken from them, and also well on welfare they put the parents on job programs, or encourage them to go to school. My dad went back to school, and got a Alcohol/Drug Studies Certificate, and a Human Service B.A., and now is a Alcohol counsler, so welfare basically paid for someone to be trained to help alcoholics and drug addicts. Also, our welfare benefits stopped basically when my sister was 13, and so, you have to understand the welfare system before you knock it.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 02:47:55 PM »

First and foremost, if you are working, you are paying taxes for welfare, and if you run into trouble, then you should be intitled to some help. Now welfare doesn't give you that much. It's alittle bit more than working min wage in the U.S., and in California that's less because our min wage is 6.50, so you make more working two jobs than welfare. Now for other states, and Cali, you need a good reason to get welfare. It can't be, oh I'm a crack head I need welfare. Social workers check out your situatiion, and say you have a child, if it is better that the child has a parent at home instead of them always being gone, then they'll give you welfare so that the child can be raised so that they don't grow up to be trouble makers. Remember, once a child is born, the most important fact is the child, not the parent. The parent has messed up, now it's time to try and get that child to have a good home, if the parent is a crack head, then they take the child to another home. Now when that child becomes old enough to take care of themself after school, then the parent has many welfare benefits taken from them, and also well on welfare they put the parents on job programs, or encourage them to go to school. My dad went back to school, and got a Alcohol/Drug Studies Certificate, and a Human Service B.A., and now is a Alcohol counsler, so welfare basically paid for someone to be trained to help alcoholics and drug addicts. Also, our welfare benefits stopped basically when my sister was 13, and so, you have to understand the welfare system before you knock it.
I think it's wrong if someone who is working is making less then someone on wellfare, thats fucked up.  Even if you're for wellfare you can agree that the system needs to be revised.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

I think it's wrong if someone who is working is making less then someone on wellfare, thats fucked up.  Even if you're for wellfare you can agree that the system needs to be revised.

In most cases, you make more money working. It's just min wage is so low. Welfare gives you barely enough for rent in an apartment in a shitty area, and bills. Then you get food stamps to get some food. That's about it, and with min wage, it's the same. Now most people, even living in intercities, make more money working than on welfare. Welfare came because single mothers were struggling. It was hard to be a single mother, and they could not raise their kids and work. You have to make a choice, work or raise your child. Now I think, and at the time so did most of America, that the child is the most important thing. But we are a U.S. that's about indivualism now, the betterment of someone else, no matter how small that person is, is non of our concern. Our family morals are lowered, not just by Democrats, but by Republicans who would rather see that mother work and leave that child alone to raise themselves. If you make more money on welfare than working 9 to 5 min wage, and then an extra 20 hrs min wage after that, than raise min wage. But min wage jobs are not ment to support someone with, but to be jobs that dependence have to enter the work force. Trust me, you can't raise a family on min wage, and you really can't on welfare. But the stress of working 2 jobs on min wage is worst than welfare, and parents stay at home to take care of their child, so guess what they pick. Remember, the main thing is not the mother, and if you want her working or not, it's raising that child. You take that mother away, that child has no one there to watch them, and that child has potental to get in all types of trouble.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 03:02:31 PM »
Welfare is one of the things that makes this country great. It's a safety net. None of us know if we'll ever lose it all and need a helping hand from the government.

Unfortunately it is being abused heavily and does need revisement. I would never get rid of t though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 03:04:49 PM »
So welfare is not the problem, the minimum wage is.  Start paying your workers what they deserve and they will stop taking the easy option.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 03:07:45 PM »
So welfare is not the problem, the minimum wage is.  Start paying your workers what they deserve and they will stop taking the easy option.
Are you a communist?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 03:09:46 PM »
Welfare is one of the things that makes this country great. It's a safety net. None of us know if we'll ever lose it all and need a helping hand from the government.

Unfortunately it is being abused heavily and does need revisement. I would never get rid of t though.

Most of my cousins on it are only on it for 2 years if they do not show that they are working to working. It was revised... but most talk about it is because many people don't welfare at all. So they still attack the system after it has been revised.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 03:10:49 PM »
Are you a communist?

Are you on crack?

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 03:15:09 PM »
Are you a communist?

Are you on crack?
Why should it be the government's responisbility to determine how much corporations should pay thier employees.  Sounds a little tyrannical

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 03:17:04 PM »
Are you a communist?

Are you on crack?
Why should it be the government's responisbility to determine how much corporations should pay thier employees.  Sounds a little tyrannical

Sounds kinda fair to me
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 03:28:37 PM »
So do you approve of sweatshops Goodluvn?

I've just realised who you are.  You're the guy that said Mike Myers was a better actor than Pacino.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 03:31:40 PM »
So do you approve of sweatshops Goodluvn?

I've just realised who you are.  You're the guy that said Mike Myers was a better actor than Pacino.
If someones running a sweat shop don't work there.

Suga Foot

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 03:57:43 PM »
I'm collecting Unemployment Insurance right now  ;D