Author Topic: Why does so many Americans dislike U.N. ???  (Read 1620 times)

Montana00

Re: Why does so many Americans dislike U.N. ???
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2004, 07:36:43 PM »
the US owes money to the UN? really can you prove this?

and while your at it, please show how much each country contributes to the UN

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2004, 08:36:38 PM »

Youre not on the list of people whose opinions matter to the point where I would actually research a link to back up my argument. The US owes billions to the UN.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2004, 08:38:14 PM »
Ah Trauma

The US owes trillions to the UN. So there goes the footing the bill idea. And the US has the most influence on the UN, and the most power ful voice, thus it packs the most powerful gun. Meaning it will always lead the pack militarily.

Yup, so that leaves us with how many good arguments for U.S. to back out of U.N.. ??
Oh well..

It would be stupid for both sides to sever their relationship. The UN and the US need each other, albiet the US is a lot less reliant.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Montana00

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2004, 08:56:20 PM »

Youre not on the list of people whose opinions matter to the point where I would actually research a link to back up my argument. The US owes billions to the UN.
.....ok. If you knew it was a fact then you could present some evidence of this.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2004, 09:10:36 PM »

- Lewis Carroll

Jome

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2004, 09:24:03 PM »
next time do ur own homework

http://www.globalpolicy.org/finance/docs/wren.htm

That's 1998 though..

99-numbers: $1.3 billion:
http://www.globalpolicy.org/finance/docs/fin99-1.htm

2001: Still owing about $1 billion:
http://edition.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/stories/01/09/un.debt/

I haven't seen the newest numbers.. I think I heard something last year about the bill getting even higher, but can't remember the details..

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2004, 09:37:39 PM »
thanks for the recent info

and yeah, I dont see this tab gettin any lighter under the current administration

- Lewis Carroll

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2004, 03:04:07 AM »
owned lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2004, 08:39:15 AM »
its not recent but ill give you that.

But still my point is this. you'll never see any other country owing the UN a billion dollars...why? because America has to fund the most money to the UN, and for what.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2004, 11:58:42 AM »
its not recent but ill give you that.

But still my point is this. you'll never see any other country owing the UN a billion dollars...why? because America has to fund the most money to the UN, and for what.

What do you mean for what? Their is a reason why America pays alot, because it has a powerful voice within the UN? What do u think poor America is being extorted for billions while having the same influence as Botswana?

- Lewis Carroll

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2004, 10:42:06 PM »
What do u think poor America is being extorted for billions while having the same influence as Botswana?

LOL
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Woodrow

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2004, 10:57:51 PM »
Do not try to tell me that U.S. could not easily give $500 per citizen in aid, without even TOUCHING the regular Americans income or taxes.
Cut down on that enormous sick war machine of yours instead.
Why don't you pull out some numbers on how many billions you use on wars/military ehh.. ?

Show me how we could do that. Please break down the numbers for me.

Woodrow

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2004, 11:01:14 PM »
What a moron. Sonned and still not shutting the fuck up.

if 2000 ppl give me 100 bucks, and 50 give me 10 bucks, I pretty much realize the 2nd group cares more for me and donates more money per citizen for me. that's what it comes down to.

Here's your formula:

1.) Bash the US with a poorly constructed paranoid argument.
2.) Get shown facts and arguments backed up with reason.
3.) ??????
4.) Claim you "Sonned" people.

What could possibly go through your head to make you think that 13 billion dollars is less than 1 billion dollars?

Jome

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2004, 11:15:22 PM »
Ok, here's some facts for that azz, especially for you Engel:

* U.S. uses the most money on military, in fact it uses as much as countries ranked number 2 to 18 in the world COMBINED.
* The 2004 military budget for U.S. was predicted to $400 BILLION, but I will not be surprised if it ends up at 450 to 500.
* $400 Billion divided on 294 Million Americans = NO LESS than $1360 (!!!!) per citizen.
* If the total ends up on 450 bill. or 500 bill. instead, each American will pay $1530 or $1700.

You're still telling me that U.S. can not afford $500 per capita in aid, instead of bombing them.. ??
Case closed.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 11:18:04 PM by Jome »

Woodrow

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2004, 11:34:08 PM »
Please name me one country that gives more money than the United States. (Japan might be up there, but I think we still give more)

Also Jome, what we've been discussing, is official government aid. Take a look at this article

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0623/p11s02-wmpi.htm

When the going gets tough, Americans keep giving - to the tune of nearly $241 billion.

Charitable donations for 2002 set a new high, rising 1 percent over 2001's total in current dollars, according to Giving USA, a report released Monday by the American Association of Fundraising Counsel's Trust for Philanthropy in Indianapolis. The estimated $240.92 billion in gifts equaled 2.3 percent of US gross domestic product.

True not all of this is Forgien aid, but I'l be willing to bet that more than 10% of that goes over seas.

Case Closed?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 11:43:22 PM by Woodrow »