Author Topic: Why does so many Americans dislike U.N. ???  (Read 1625 times)

Jome

Re: Why does so many Americans dislike U.N. ???
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2004, 11:52:36 PM »
That's voluntarily donations from individuals & companies..
And a lot of that does not even go overseas, we're talking about the OFFICIAL aid here.
I proved my point.. that the average U.S. citizen funds 30 times as much money on war, than they fund aid.

You could argue that Americans voluntarily donates to aid, cuz they know that the government uses 30 times as much money on war than they do on aid, THAT would be a valid argument.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 12:14:58 AM by Jome »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2004, 04:46:53 AM »
What a moron. Sonned and still not shutting the fuck up.

if 2000 ppl give me 100 bucks, and 50 give me 10 bucks, I pretty much realize the 2nd group cares more for me and donates more money per citizen for me. that's what it comes down to.

Here's your formula:

1.) Bash the US with a poorly constructed paranoid argument.
2.) Get shown facts and arguments backed up with reason.
3.) ??????
4.) Claim you "Sonned" people.

What could possibly go through your head to make you think that 13 billion dollars is less than 1 billion dollars?

Here's your formula:

1.) Defend the US no matter how cruel, unjustified, ignorant, hypocritical, double-standard-based, senseless, useless, silly etc its behaviour or anything else for that matter is.
2.) Search for neo-conservative Websites and try to find some questionable statistics or an article written by a true american patriot.
3.) Get personally offended by anything no matter how true it is someone says against the US.
4.) Then finally, as ironic as it sounds and actually also is, claim other ppl are biased and ignorant.
5.) When you eventually get sonned, which is most likely inevitable, try to offend the person who sonned you personally. Waste a whole new thread for it if youre pleased.

What could possibly go through your head to make you think that 330 bucks arent more than 50.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 04:50:14 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2004, 10:37:50 AM »
That's voluntarily donations from individuals & companies..
And a lot of that does not even go overseas, we're talking about the OFFICIAL aid here.
I proved my point.. that the average U.S. citizen funds 30 times as much money on war, than they fund aid.

You could argue that Americans voluntarily donates to aid, cuz they know that the government uses 30 times as much money on war than they do on aid, THAT would be a valid argument.

Last time I checked, it wasn't the governments duty to fund aid to other countries.

Jome

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2004, 11:10:38 AM »
Last time I checked, it wasn't the governments duty to fund aid to other countries.

No.. ?
So U.S. giving $13 billion in aid must be a terrible mix-up.. ?
Somebody slipped with the pen in the budgets.. ?

Woodrow

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2004, 11:14:13 AM »
Nope. I'd say it was an indication of how Generous the United States is. We don't have to do shit, but we do anyways.

Jome

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2004, 11:32:21 AM »
Nope. I'd say it was an indication of how Generous the United States is. We don't have to do shit, but we do anyways.

Every country donate aid, and 17 of the countries give more of their budgets, don't make it seem like U.S. is so kind and special for doing it.
Typical American arrogance.

Woodrow

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2004, 11:35:25 AM »

Every country donate aid, and 17 of the countries give more of their budgets, don't make it seem like U.S. is so kind and special for doing it.
Typical American arrogance.

Jome... A couple of questions.

1.) Name me one country that gives more foreign aid per year than the United States.
2.) If you had a job where you made 50 dollars per hour but only worked for 5 hours a week, would that be better than a job where you made 20 dollars an hour but worked 40 hours a week?
3.) Why is it arrogant to say that we donate more money than any other country out there?

Woodrow

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2004, 11:42:10 AM »
Let's say you're homeless.

4 people come up to you and say: "We are each going to give you 50 dollars to help you out."

Would you like that better than if one person came up to you and said: "I'm gonna give you 600 dollars to help you out." ???

It's pure logic.

Also lay off the personal attacks. You don't see me dissing you personally because of your views do you?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 11:44:55 AM by Woodrow »

Jome

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2004, 11:48:15 AM »

1.) Name me one country that gives more foreign aid per year than the United States.
2.) If you had a job where you made 50 dollars per hour but only worked for 5 hours a week, would that be better than a job where you made 20 dollars an hour but worked 40 hours a week?
3.) Why is it arrogant to say that we donate more money than any other country out there?

1. I already named 16 countries that spend MORE of their budget on aid than U.S., U.S probably have as much citizens as these 16 countries COMBINED, so judging the total amount would be useless.

2. Yes, it would be better. Working only 5 hours for a very decent 50 dollars/hour would mean that I could easily take another job.

3. I think it's arrogant when one of the richest countries in the world have the attitude "We don't really have to give jack shit, we're just so generous and kind that we give"
It's also arrogant to compare a country with 294 million people to countries with 3-50 million people without using the proper perspective.

Let's say you're homeless.

4 people come up to you and say: "We are each going to give you 50 dollars to help you out."

Would you like that better than if one person came up to you and said: "I'm gonna give you 600 dollars to help you out."

It's pure logic.

You missed a vital point.
If the $600 man you're referring to, is supposed to be the American "samaritan", then you forgot about the statistics.
Here's how it should be:

If 10 Americans all said they would give you $46 each, would you like that better than if 1 Norwegian offered you $333.. ??
Of course the Americans would give more money in total, but I'd still think that the Norwegian is nicer because he's offering as much money as 7 of the Americans do combined, on his own.

Woodrow

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2004, 11:56:20 AM »

1. I already named 16 countries that spend MORE of their budget on aid than U.S., U.S probably have as much citizens as these 16 countries COMBINED, so judging the total amount would be useless.

2. Yes, it would be better. Working only 5 hours for a very decent 50 dollars/hour would mean that I could easily take another job.

3. I think it's arrogant when one of the richest countries in the world have the attitude "We don't really have to give jack shit, we're just so generous and kind that we give"
It's also arrogant to compare a country with 294 million people to countries with 3-50 million people without using the proper perspective.

Who cares how much a country gives out of it's budget? Do you really think that makes a country "Better" than another just because it gives more in it's budget than another? In my book, it's the bottom line that counts. I could care less how much money each country gives out of it's GDP. It's the final dollar amount that counts.

You missed a vital point.
If the $600 man you're referring to, is supposed to be the American "samaritan", then you forgot about the statistics.
Here's how it should be:

If 10 Americans all said they would give you $46 each, would you like that better than if 1 Norwegian offered you $333.. ??
Of course the Americans would give more money in total, but I'd still think that the Norwegian is nicer because he's offering as much money as 7 of the Americans do combined, on his own.

Let me explain it to you. In that last analogy, a country = person.

Jome

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2004, 12:08:26 PM »
Who cares how much a country gives out of it's budget? Do you really think that makes a country "Better" than another just because it gives more in it's budget than another? In my book, it's the bottom line that counts. I could care less how much money each country gives out of it's GDP. It's the final dollar amount that counts.

OK, then we'll count up all the European countries contributions (727 million people or so).. "Hurray, we give the most money!"  ::)
See how backwards it is.. ?
No.. ?

Woodrow

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2004, 12:10:04 PM »

OK, then we'll count up all the European countries contributions (727 million people or so).. "Hurray, we give the most money!"  ::)
See how backwards it is.. ?
No.. ?

Why would you count up all the people in Europe? I thought we were dealing with countires?

Jome

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2004, 12:14:05 PM »
To make the comparison fair.  ::)

Woodrow

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2004, 12:20:16 PM »
I put up a poll in the Gspot... Lets see what happens. I didn't vote. I'm not going to respond either.

Don't vote either to make it even ok?

Jome

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2004, 12:27:14 PM »
I put up a poll in the Gspot... Lets see what happens. I didn't vote. I'm not going to respond either.

Don't vote either to make it even ok?

lol, it's the same thing as you posted 20 minutes ago..
Obviously you'd want the most money, but that doesn't mean that it's fair to compare 5 people to 1 man, even if the 1 man give more than all the others combined!!

I'm not going to respond either.

SO long for that, that was 7 minutes.