Author Topic: Why does so many Americans dislike U.N. ???  (Read 1624 times)

Thirteen

Re: Why does so many Americans dislike U.N. ???
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2004, 09:34:01 PM »
you're always bragging how your country is the richest,

Yeah, you would know.. you've been registered for one day.  ::)

you know very little  ;)

The reasoning goes that...

By supporting an organization like this, we are involuntarily supporting dictatorships and/or repressive countries and giving them legitimacy as well as a place to air their hate on an international scale. A "Foxes are in charge of the chicken coop" type argument.

I don't agree that we should get out of the UN, but rather I think the UN needs serious overhauling.

Finally some reasonable arguments..  ;)
I do think that U.N. can make these countries better though, U.N. is sanctioning totalistic regimes, they inspect the countries, and they co-operate with Red Cross, "Doctors Without Boundaries", Amnesty Int., and other goodwill organizations, to gradually improve these countries.
Bombing them on the other hand, now that's what creates the most trouble/hate, and leads to even more war.
Take Iraq e.g., they're even worse off now..

Why are you so concerned with how much each person gives?

Not so much about each person, but I think each country should give money according to criterias, like how many citizens they have, how wealthy they are, how high the living standard in general is, how much money the government use on other (maybe even unnecessary) things, ya know..
I'm more peace minded, and when I see countries using hundreds of billions on war, and 1/30th of this on aid, I'm not the only one who get concerned..   :-\

ummmm correct me if i'm wrong but the U.N. inspecting countries was never a good thing. it was easy to see that the U.N. was torn on a subject and Sadaam used that to his advantage. he showed how flawed and useless the U.N. actually is

oh and if you're concerned about the U.S. military spending, move here. it's like a safety net knowing that we will defeat any other country and if we don't, we're all going to die anyways

Jome

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2004, 09:42:55 PM »
you know very little  ;)

I know your former identity..  ;)

ummmm correct me if i'm wrong but the U.N. inspecting countries was never a good thing. it was easy to see that the U.N. was torn on a subject and Sadaam used that to his advantage. he showed how flawed and useless the U.N. actually is

I never said the U.N. was perfect, that's why it needs big powerful countries to improve it.

it's like a safety net knowing that we will defeat any other country and if we don't, we're all going to die anyways

Great logic.. lol

Thirteen

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2004, 09:49:36 PM »
lol sounds like we're in a sci fi thriller with your first line.

2nd so if the U.N. is flawed, why would America want to stay with it or any other country for that matter? what makes the U.N. flawed, is the lack of checks and balances. there's nothing stopping America from doing whatever it wants because we're the military back bone of the U.N.

Jome

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2004, 09:58:49 PM »
2nd so if the U.N. is flawed, why would America want to stay with it or any other country for that matter? what makes the U.N. flawed, is the lack of checks and balances. there's nothing stopping America from doing whatever it wants because we're the military back bone of the U.N.

But you need Europe on your side, and every American knows it.
U.S. is also flawed, no country is perfect, that's why co-operation is needed.
One of the reasons why U.N. is flawed, is because U.S. is switching back and forth, taking decisions into their own hands, and doesn't co-operate properly with U.N.
A U.N. and U.S. playing on the same team could work miracles..

Thirteen

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2004, 10:02:46 PM »

One of the reasons why U.N. is flawed, is because U.S. is switching back and forth, taking decisions into their own hands, and doesn't co-operate properly with U.N.

i know alot of countries depend on other countries, there's probably thousands of important little deals that we don't know of. it's just that the U.N. is pretty muc useless, it doesn't have any power

the UN is like anti drugs ads, everyone knows taht it would be great if they worked but they just don't because there's no power behind it

Woodrow

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

Side? Team?

Jome

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2004, 10:28:40 PM »
i know alot of countries depend on other countries, there's probably thousands of important little deals that we don't know of. it's just that the U.N. is pretty muc useless, it doesn't have any power

the UN is like anti drugs ads, everyone knows taht it would be great if they worked but they just don't because there's no power behind it

U.N. might have little to none influence in U.S., but then again that was never U.N.'s objective, and I bet Americans don't want it neither.
U.N. have a lot of power in a lot of countries.

Side? Team?

Yes sir.
This international politic shiiiet is pretty simple..
You know about Mr. Bush's speeches so "side" and "team" should be familiar to you and yours.  ;)

Woodrow

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2004, 10:33:19 PM »
You are joking right?

Jome

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2004, 10:38:21 PM »
You are joking right?

Yes.
But I dunno why you're tripping over "team" and "side", they're both legit words, and used often by ya boy Bush.  :laugh:

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2004, 11:04:49 PM »
You are joking right?

Yes.
But I dunno why you're tripping over "team" and "side", they're both legit words, and used often by ya boy Bush.  :laugh:

You got it all twisted man; it's the "axis of evil", against us, the ones who "liberate". He never said team. :P
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Jome

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2004, 11:09:25 PM »
You got it all twisted man; it's the "axis of evil", against us, the ones who "liberate". He never said team. :P

"The way I see it - you're either on our side..........(pause, looking in 3 different directions to convince) or the terrorists side"

Didn't he say that.. ??  :laugh: ;D

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2004, 11:22:11 PM »

"The way I see it - you're either on our side..........(pause, looking in 3 different directions to convince) or the terrorists side"

Didn't he say that.. ??  :laugh: ;D

Pretty much, yea.  :)
I can't believe the "greatest" country has this moron for its leader. He's a fuckin bigot. You remember his "crusade" talk?
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.