Author Topic: Shakespeare- the NSync and Beatles of Literature  (Read 1752 times)

Liquid-Dogg

Re: Shakespeare- the NSync and Beatles of Literatu
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2002, 11:42:31 AM »
modern civilisation has meant that we don't have to be 'hard' anymore to survive. now it's about intelligence, and gangsta rap (as much as i know u'll dissagree) is a bunch of thick bastards talkin about how they gonna 'smoke' the next fool. when really 95% are all talk, and don't actually carry out the shit they say on wax!!!

like i said on aim, ur the kind of guy that beleives EVERYTHIN ras kass says. and likes to think everythin u were taught in school is wrong. basically ur like a 13 year old wanting to rebel against everythin/everyone.
shit ain't like that!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Instant_Killa

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2002, 12:23:10 PM »
yall should check that video of mell gibson explaining and interprating Hamlet, thats pretty interesting.

Shakespear seems boring to me, however, if you look a little deeperin into some of his works....then u find it interesting..but u need to look deeper( thats the hard part)

i liked MAcbeth, that was my fav play

peace

bez

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2002, 01:06:33 PM »
Dont skit the beatles, my own home town buddies.  They rock, they changed the way music was to be made and I think there record sales prove that. PEACE

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2002, 06:28:07 AM »
i havent read much skakespeare, but i kinda liked what i did read..

i read julius caesar and hamlet...

hamlet was definitly enjoyable to read i thought... julius casear didnt have my attention that much but i didnt like most books i read when i was in HS

i dunno what your problem is man.. well i do but its sad you have it... stop being such an attention craver... u say ur open minded you write posts like ur 13... u say u attack the idea but u attack it like an ignorant fool all u can say is fuck this fuck that....

whatever ur annoying...

and the beatles i also dont know too much about but i do know that DJ Quik Sampled them and so did knocturnal, eminem, calvin richardson, and thats just off the lil i know about them...

quik and eminem sampled 50 ways to leave your lover by paul mccartney....

and mj and paul mccartney made 2 pretty good songs together that i happen to like a lot... the girl is mine, and say say say

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2002, 04:19:55 PM »
Infinite, again, you have said one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.  I can't believe you're so blind.  

Shakespeare was wack? hahaha.  All he wrote about was love? hahahaha.  Have you read ANY of his plays?  Good GOD you've got to be kidding me.  Read Romeo & Juliet.  On the surface, it's just a love story, right?  But it's also about two feuding families, and how they won't let their children associate with each other.  Sounds just like Palestine/Israel.  Read McBeth, and... oh, forget it.  You're just ignorant. One day when you're 50 , you'll read some shakespeare, and feel like an ass.

The Beatles invented rap.  Simple as that.  You wouldn't even HAVE music today if it wasn't for the beatles, everything would be blues or old school country.  The beatles were the ones with the balls to change music into expressing emotion and telling stories.  John lennon recorded the first ever diss song.  McCartney was the first to loop a drumbeat.  McCArtney pioneered Bass on recordings, before he complained about it, you couldn't even hear bass on recordings... he lowered the boom, it would have been impossible for rap to even exist without bass.  John Lennon had the first rapped/rhymed vocals ever.  Lennon had the first Distorted vocals ever on a track.  Paul was the first artist to play keyboards on an album.  George Harrison invented the Wah Guitar that made Funk.  Come on.  Tell me you're kidding me, saying the Beatles are wack.  Did I mention the beatles Pioneered Sampling?  Or that they were the first to do extensive multi-tracking, layering music together?  You should be ashamed of yourself.  

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2002, 06:41:44 PM »
SHIT ON ONCES AGAIN INFINITY :D

Trauma-san

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2002, 07:29:11 PM »
I feel Like Ali going all out on a sparring partner.  Maybe we should dig up that Freestyle I ripped Infinite's ass on that time he called me out.  He keeps it up, and every time, I come out an inch taller and a whole lot swoller.

bez

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2002, 07:07:36 AM »
Infinite, again, you have said one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.  I can't believe you're so blind.  

Shakespeare was wack? hahaha.  All he wrote about was love? hahahaha.  Have you read ANY of his plays?  Good GOD you've got to be kidding me.  Read Romeo & Juliet.  On the surface, it's just a love story, right?  But it's also about two feuding families, and how they won't let their children associate with each other.  Sounds just like Palestine/Israel.  Read McBeth, and... oh, forget it.  You're just ignorant. One day when you're 50 , you'll read some shakespeare, and feel like an ass.

The Beatles invented rap.  Simple as that.  You wouldn't even HAVE music today if it wasn't for the beatles, everything would be blues or old school country.  The beatles were the ones with the balls to change music into expressing emotion and telling stories.  John lennon recorded the first ever diss song.  McCartney was the first to loop a drumbeat.  McCArtney pioneered Bass on recordings, before he complained about it, you couldn't even hear bass on recordings... he lowered the boom, it would have been impossible for rap to even exist without bass.  John Lennon had the first rapped/rhymed vocals ever.  Lennon had the first Distorted vocals ever on a track.  Paul was the first artist to play keyboards on an album.  George Harrison invented the Wah Guitar that made Funk.  Come on.  Tell me you're kidding me, saying the Beatles are wack.  Did I mention the beatles Pioneered Sampling?  Or that they were the first to do extensive multi-tracking, layering music together?  You should be ashamed of yourself.  

I am proud to call you a friend!!!

infinite59

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2002, 07:37:58 AM »

Good argument.  You brought up some good points.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2002, 08:56:51 AM »
lol

You admitted Trauma kicked your ass

bez

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2002, 10:03:12 AM »
lololo

grimace

• 'G'
  • I know she know, ima dog, but i liked the way she licked my balls. I know she knows, i aint shit, but i liked the way she sucked my dick.
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2002, 01:29:01 PM »
I respect your opinion Infinite, but you seem to be lacking the knowledge in the subject. The reason Romeo & Juliet is seen as the greatest love story of all time is because it doesn't have a happy ending, much like how love is like in real life.

Also, much of Shakespeare's plays were NOT about love. Tell me the love story in Ceaser. Hell, in Taming of the Shrew, there's an underlying message that the best wife is the one kept in check.

infinite59

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2002, 09:02:42 PM »
lol

You admitted Trauma kicked your ass

Some people you can't win with.  Jay is another one of those people.  I even tell Trauma he brought up good points about the Beatles and Shakespeare and Jay still wants more from me.  I can't win with you, so your the type of person I would stay away from in life, unless I was forced to be around you like in a job, etc.

infinite59

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2002, 09:04:51 PM »
I respect your opinion Infinite, but you seem to be lacking the knowledge in the subject. The reason Romeo & Juliet is seen as the greatest love story of all time is because it doesn't have a happy ending, much like how love is like in real life.

Also, much of Shakespeare's plays were NOT about love. Tell me the love story in Ceaser. Hell, in Taming of the Shrew, there's an underlying message that the best wife is the one kept in check.

I respect your opinion on the subject, but the Taming the Shrew thing you mentioned still falls under relationships, but still I respect your opinion.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2002, 09:14:39 PM »
I myself didn't like readin shakespear but I learned to understand why he was suc ha great writer,....a lot of people dont undertsand those old words he used so a lot of us dunno what the fuck he is meaning lol....but in his words he does mean things...and they can be very deep and emotional..i learned some from ny english teacher this past year..his stories did take a lot of hard dedicated work...to me its not wack at all...its different because i'm not used to his ways of saying things so I can't relate...but after translated and finding out...u see how good he was/