Author Topic: Why do people hate on Banks' LP?  (Read 262 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why do people hate on Banks' LP?
« on: July 17, 2004, 09:26:14 AM »
I don't understand this - a lot of the opinions I've heard and read say that Lloyd Banks' LP Hunger For More is straight up wack. It's getting mediocre reviews, many of which say the production isn't all that. All I can say is what the fuck? I've been listening to this thing three days straight now, and the shit is hot! Not a masterpiece or anything, but a really dope CD still! If I were to cut any songs off the LP I'd lose only I Get High (you embarass yourself Snoop, you need to step up your rap game...) and Karma. That's it. The rest of the album is solid. Lyrics, production, everything. I REALLY don't understand the reviews saying the production isn't too good, I think it's hot all the way through. Plus, there's no dumbass skits or interludes there. And besides the two tracks I mentioned, it's what Lloyd Banks delivers best - gritty & violent raps from the streets laced with good punchlines and an on-point flow. This is a dope LP in my opinion, I don't understand why so many people hate on this.

Anybody feel me on this, or did I get an entirely different CD from everybody else?

N-Sane Brain

Re: Why do people hate on Banks' LP?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 10:42:40 AM »
It had the potential to be a dope disc, but there were a couple of more tracks that I didn't feel. I made my own "Hunger For More". I decided to cut a few songs off and added two left-overs:

1. Lloyd Banks feat. Tony Yayo - Ain't No Click (4:25)
2. Lloyd Banks - Warrior (2:47)
3. Lloyd Banks - On Fire (3:07)
4. Lloyd Banks feat. Young Buck - Work Magic (4:27)
5. Lloyd Banks feat. Eminem, 50 Cent & Nate Dogg - Warrior Part 2 (3:38)
6. Lloyd Banks feat. The Game - When The Chips Are Down (3:39)
7. Lloyd Banks - Til The End (5:09)
8. Lloyd Banks - South Side Story (4:10)
9. Lloyd Banks - Just Another Day (3:29)
10. Lloyd Banks - Take A Good Look (2:53)

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 11:12:31 AM »
i think loadsa people expected it to be a classic album but it didnt realy impress  :-\

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 11:32:46 AM »
the album is repititous shit...i'm bored with G-Unit, next, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 11:33:37 AM »
i think its a decent album, and to be honest i didnt really expect much more from it. they had the right idea cutting down the number of tracks and not having any skits, altho like u have said there are a few songs that could have been dropped or swapped... 8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Montana00

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 11:54:57 AM »
50cent/tony yayo/young buck/lloyd banks

OVERRATED!!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 12:10:16 PM »
probably cuz it sucks. Llyod Banks is sick but that shiet was garbage. sounds like another dry/rushed project just like "Beg For Mercy"...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 12:17:40 PM »
This cd is pretty good IMO,they could've dropped Playboy & Work Magic from the album cause they wack.

eS El Duque

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 12:33:41 PM »
I don't understand this - a lot of the opinions I've heard and read say that Lloyd Banks' LP Hunger For More is straight up wack. It's getting mediocre reviews, many of which say the production isn't all that. All I can say is what the fuck? I've been listening to this thing three days straight now, and the shit is hot! Not a masterpiece or anything, but a really dope CD still! If I were to cut any songs off the LP I'd lose only I Get High (you embarass yourself Snoop, you need to step up your rap game...) and Karma. That's it. The rest of the album is solid. Lyrics, production, everything. I REALLY don't understand the reviews saying the production isn't too good, I think it's hot all the way through. Plus, there's no dumbass skits or interludes there. And besides the two tracks I mentioned, it's what Lloyd Banks delivers best - gritty & violent raps from the streets laced with good punchlines and an on-point flow. This is a dope LP in my opinion, I don't understand why so many people hate on this.

Anybody feel me on this, or did I get an entirely different CD from everybody else?

agreed...i thought the Album was dope (not great and classic etc...but good)...been bumping it none stop

most people just hate anything to do with 50 cent now a days..so that's why Banks gets a lot of hate

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 12:38:59 PM »
wtf? karma is the best song on the whole album :-\

for me the album is good for the first few times you listen to it; i got sick of it real real quick.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 01:53:36 PM »
IMO it's a dope album. Only 3 tracs I ain't feelin' are #5, #10, and #14.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2004, 03:28:33 PM »
The G-unit CD atleast had decent Harlem Playground beats....the beats were pretty bad.....the lyrics were simple like the rest of G-unit...and punchline king must have used them all to early in mixtapes and on G-unit freestyles. so when he needed to live up to it in the album i think it took a toll. either that or the niggaz got madmoney like all of G-unit and doesnt give a fuck cuz he knew everywun would prolly buy it anyway and hes still makin money. when u make money u dont give a fuck. but thats not exuse for everywun in G-unit no lyrical skill. Banks is decent. he has good punchlines n such but thats about it. 1 or 2 punchlinesa freestyle is great woop dee doo but listen to his whole verse on anything. its like any other rapper. plain boring. but hey the man is at 596,000 albums sold...i dont think he cares about reviews at this point.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2004, 03:32:08 PM »
For one thing, its not a good enough album to sell 400+ thousand units the first week.  Most people on this board know real rap music and get pissed off when a newcomer who doesn't have the talent that most others do comes in and goes platinum just because he's trendy.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2004, 03:40:09 PM »
banks skills have declined a good amount. he used to be the only member of g-unit i liked, and then once i heard his album, i knew it was a wrap. some of his punches have gotten as bad as nellys.the beats weren't that great either. if rap were oz, son would have to go the wizard for some emotion. buck will release the best g-unit solo, as ive stated before.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2004, 03:46:11 PM »
banks skills have declined a good amount. he used to be the only member of g-unit i liked, and then once i heard his album, i knew it was a wrap. some of his punches have gotten as bad as nellys.the beats weren't that great either. if rap were oz, son would have to go the wizard for some emotion. buck will release the best g-unit solo, as ive stated before.
Agreed.