Author Topic: Why do people hate on Banks' LP?  (Read 263 times)

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
Re: Why do people hate on Banks' LP?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2004, 04:32:39 PM »
work magic is a dope track
buck dropped the tightest verse on that
i think the album was dope not a classic but still dope as hell
if he releasesv warrior pt 2 as a single with a video he'll go million units for sure

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2004, 05:10:32 PM »
It never appealed to me. I could give a fuck about any reviews.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2004, 06:55:53 PM »
Banks is a dope rapper for feats. He can be tight as fuck if you only hear him 50 secondes during a 4 minute song. (Dont push me)
But he's not the type of rapper you can hear a whole solo album from without interrupting or skipping. It's just not possible lol.
That's because of his style and voice.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jome

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2004, 07:19:30 PM »
I think most people made up their mind before it dropped, the G-Unit CD showed what a Banks CD was gonna be like.

You know Banks isn't talking about the sun, moon and stars, or politics and black liberation.
It's all about the ghetto of Jamaica; Queens, guns and murders, cars, weed and bitches.. and of course witty punchlines & metaphors.
I think some people actually expected Kweli stories or Dead Prez politics.. LOL  :laugh:

The only track I don't feel at all, is "Karma".
"Die One Day" and "Playboy" is average, but not really bad.

Tracks like "Playboy", "On fire", and "I'm so fly" is really just bragging and comes down to BS.. would like some more substance. :-\
On the other side, I think he showed what he can do on "Till the end" and "Southside Story", which is great storytelling.

infinite59

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2004, 07:57:39 PM »
I think most people made up their mind before it dropped, the G-Unit CD showed what a Banks CD was gonna be like.

You know Banks isn't talking about the sun, moon and stars, or politics and black liberation.
It's all about the ghetto of Jamaica; Queens, guns and murders, cars, weed and bitches.. and of course witty punchlines & metaphors.
I think some people actually expected Kweli stories or Dead Prez politics.. LOL  :laugh:

The only track I don't feel at all, is "Karma".
"Die One Day" and "Playboy" is average, but not really bad.

Tracks like "Playboy", "On fire", and "I'm so fly" is really just bragging and comes down to BS.. would like some more substance. :-\
On the other side, I think he showed what he can do on "Till the end" and "Southside Story", which is great storytelling.

Nice review.

But what almost everyone forgetting to do is forgetting to do is compare this record with the market it is in.  Compare this album with other major releases of today and it would be right around the top.  Ya'll are holding Banks to an unattainably high standard, that he probably set for himself on mixtapes of old.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 07:59:27 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2004, 09:41:02 PM »
I missed a track about Banks' love for bananas.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2004, 09:55:39 PM »
actually that "fact" of him selling 400,000+K in first week wuz ridiculous...cuz he sold 169,000 first week.....but still over 500,000 now thats a fact.... but i dunno how some1 got that idea and it start getting put round everywhere

Jome

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2004, 12:15:21 AM »
actually that "fact" of him selling 400,000+K in first week wuz ridiculous...cuz he sold 169,000 first week.

I think you're mixing up the 1st and 2nd week.. lol
Just look for AlerG's "Record sales" threads, and you'll know the numbers each week:

1st week:
1. Lloyd Banks- The Hunger 4 More- 423,058

2nd week:
1. Lloyd Banks- The Hunger 4 More- 160,769