Author Topic: SAT scores  (Read 368 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: SAT scores
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2004, 07:33:15 PM »
took it once, 1040 or 1080 i dont remember. Yeah those stories are boring as fuck. Plus the test starts at 7 30 in the fuckin morning.

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2004, 08:04:29 PM »
i did better by 40 points the second time. i got a 1300 math-760 verbal-540
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 08:42:30 PM »
Has anybody done better their second time? Statistics show that you actually do worse the second and thrid time of re-taking the SAT. I know I fit under those stats.
I did 40 points better the second time, and it was 40 points better all on verbal ???  The test seems fucking random.

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2004, 09:10:54 PM »
Has anybody done better their second time? Statistics show that you actually do worse the second and thrid time of re-taking the SAT. I know I fit under those stats.
I did 40 points better the second time, and it was 40 points better all on verbal ???  The test seems fucking random.

Yeah, it's very random. It has no pattern so it seems illogical to use it.

I think the only reasons colleges use it is because they wanna narrow down the amount of applicants.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 09:20:08 PM »
Boy am I glad we don't take those in Canada.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2004, 09:22:58 PM »

Yeah, it's very random. It has no pattern so it seems illogical to use it.

I think the only reasons colleges use it is because they wanna narrow down the amount of applicants.
Real talk

eS El Duque

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2004, 11:13:53 PM »

we got provincials instead  >:(

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 01:13:56 AM »

I improved my score by 200 points. LOL I just got more sleep the second time around.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

We Fly High

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 01:44:20 AM »
1280, and then 1390 second time...

i think it was 700 math 690 verbal... dont really recall.

i used to always score 800 on all the math practice tests.. but for some reason i guess when the test actually came i didnt do so well.. the math usually is pretty fucking simple.. and nothing too complicated at all..

the verbal seems kinda hard. like they try to fuck u over with all the big ass words. but the trick is to just use process of elimination for the multiple choice.. that usually gets you the right answer pretty easily...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 02:15:49 AM by justin718 »

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 01:59:18 AM »

we got provincials instead  >:(

how does that work then?

and how does this SAT thing work, dont you get results by subject?

over here we take 'GCSE' (general certificate of secondary education) they're split by subject.. and graded so that you can get A, B or C, D, E, F, G or U (ungraded) a 'C' or above is considered a pass.  (they used to be called 'O Levels' but thats before even my time..)

each one is for a specific subject, you get to choose before the last 2 years of school, but general you're forced to take english, maths, and a second language. its rare to do 2 second languages, but i managed to because they thought i was good enough to pass both. (u'll see they were wrong.. lol)

I got a' C' grade for Englsih, Maths, Physics (but i did an extended paper for that) and French (did a higher paper for that too).  i got 'd' for chemistry and german.. (and a few more 'd's.. for CDT, media studies and a few more.. oh anda  'g' for history.. lmao)

after that depending where you go you end up doing either A Levels or a BTEC diploma (which comes in two or there levels foundation, national, and higher). btec's are generally a more practical qualification. i was gonna do a levels in computer science but the college stopepd doing it, so i ended up at another college doing a diploma course..
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 02:00:49 AM by Overseer »

mauzip

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 02:02:11 AM »
LOL In America my friends were always stressing about those SAT's. I thought it was funny because I didn't have to take them :D

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 02:25:27 AM »
We have the SAT and SAT II.

SAT = Verbal (reading comprehension, vocabulary, analogies) & Math
On each section you can earn up to 800 points.

The SAT II's are similar to the GCSE you describedl; Writing & Math are required, and you basically get to choose your 3rd subject (foreign language, history, physics, chemistry, biology, etc)

Again, each section is out of 800 points.

The scoring system is a bit weird. + points for right answers, no points for blank ones, - points for wrong ones; at the end they use a formula to convert your points to a score that would be out of the 800. They take into account the difficulty level of the test at that time by comparing it to other people's scores (curve).

I think that pretty much sums it up.

We also have AP (Advanced Placement) courses which basically cover college courses, meaning you don't need to take that class in college if you pass the test at the end of the year. Those tests are all subject-specific. For example, I passed the AP Calculus BC test, so now when I go to college I won't need to take any math, since it covers Calculus I and II. That's all that's required for the General Education requirement.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2004, 02:39:21 AM »

thx for explaining it, it does kind of make sense.. originally it seemed like the SAT encompassed everything, whereas its just like a combination of english and math.

so do most people do SAT and some SAT II suibjects?

over here at least employers and colleges (for entrance) often ask for "gcse math and english' at C grade to go on certain level courses (or for doing a levels).

i guess thats roughly the same as having a decent SAT :)

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 03:00:30 AM »

thx for explaining it, it does kind of make sense.. originally it seemed like the SAT encompassed everything, whereas its just like a combination of english and math.

so do most people do SAT and some SAT II suibjects?

over here at least employers and colleges (for entrance) often ask for "gcse math and english' at C grade to go on certain level courses (or for doing a levels).

i guess thats roughly the same as having a decent SAT :)

SATs are required by pretty much every college (some colleges will accept the ACT, a similar test that includes science and history). SAT II's are required by SOME colleges. 

Colleges ask for SAT scores, but employers here never ask for it...LOL that sounds kinda funny. While you're attending college, and apply for a job, you would normally include your overall GPA.

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2004, 03:13:20 AM »
how is the GPA worked out?

i dont think we have an equivalent to that