Author Topic: Is DJ Vlad and his mixtapes major? on a Whoo Kid level?  (Read 200 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Is DJ Vlad and his mixtapes major? on a Whoo Kid level?
« on: July 20, 2004, 08:21:57 AM »
I know he gets some rare Aftermath tracks and got that Dr Dre, Jay Z track before anyone else. But at what level is his mixtapes?

Do they get ripped on IRC by big groups and stuff like that? He got Hot in here 5 coming
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 10:33:44 AM by Que »

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Don Seer

Re: Is DJ Vlad and his mixtapes major? on a Whoo Kid level?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 08:24:09 AM »
yeah his stuff gets ripped. but he's no where near as famous as whookid.

plus i heard through the grapevine from several sources he's shady..

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 08:48:20 AM »
well his mixtape rap phenomenon part 2 (2pac mixtape) won the mixtape of the year award
and yea they do get ripped but his hot in here mixtapes are not as popular (yet my friend buys them)

why is this really important? what's really important is that you upload crooked i albums for us

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »
lol.. he cant gonna do that!   nag and he'lll just switch alias again.. ya'll know "que" aint a newbie here right? ;)

i forgot about that award'.. on the new special ops whokid pac and daz mixtape daz is saying whookid is mixtape dj of the year ;)

i really dunno who's big and not in the mixtape scene.. i tend to buy by whats actually on the tape rather than who's fronting it.

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 08:55:43 AM »
vlads mixtapes are usually pretty damn good compared to the rest of the bs that gets released. i loved the 2pac and biggie rap phenenons.. and i thought that the recent don diva old gangster young guns one was pretty damn good too with the kurupt/2pac still ballin and the dpgunit track and shit.. yeah i heard hes shady too though.. i think mr cynical from the siccness forum claimed that vlad jakced one of his remixes and put it on his mixtape... isnt Que, another alias of Adidas.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 11:30:54 AM »
He did jack Cynical's shit, he jacked that "Playaz Need No Love" remix, and then Whoo Kid jacked his "Sleepin In A Casket" song.

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 03:33:40 PM »
He did jack Cynical's shit, he jacked that "Playaz Need No Love" remix, and then Whoo Kid jacked his "Sleepin In A Casket" song.
Actually Dirty Harry did that, not Vlad....but for all we know it was jus some kid on the internet fuckin around and throwin tags onto the song, cuz I dont ever remember seeing it on a mixtape....yet

Jome

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 06:58:16 PM »
He isn't big like Kay Slay, Whoo Kid, and Big Mike, they're the 3 biggest right now.. maybe even Green Lantern, but he's turning into a producer/remixer now.
I'll say he's in the outsider/underdog class, along with Cutmaster C, DJ Warrior, Envy, Sickamore, DJ Absolut, Kool Kid, etc.