Author Topic: To conservatives... a question... no liberals, I just want to know something  (Read 546 times)

Woodrow

I believe the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
So how do you feel about the Patriot Act, which in fact takes away some of our constitutional rights and freedoms?
The way I see it is that 9/11 caused a major policy shift. I don't think the partriot act really takes away any constitutional rights or freedoms. If it's found that it does, you can bet your ass that it will be changed. I see the patriot act as necessary. We live in a world where technology and globalization has given individuals the type of powers that only states used to have. It would be ignorant to ignore this fact and go on living the way we did before 9/11.

I believe government must practice fiscal responsibility
How is the Bush administration doing on that one?
Once again, 9/11 caused a major policy shift. The costs of this event were huge and money needed to be spent to help start to solve a problem. I don't agree with the spending the bush administration is doing, but I do agree with the reason why they are doing it.

I believe Americans value and should preserve out national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.
At the moment, the opposite is happening (war, not peace; torture of prisoners, some not even being captured in battle, etc). What's your opinion on the torture of prisoners?
I believe we are trying to extend the peace in the middle east by removing a horrible dictator who was a threat to the entire region and more in the near future. Of course the Torture of prisoners was fucking horrible. No excuse for that bullshit. Thing is, you can't paint the military with such a wide brush. I firmly believe that it was a isolated incident and those that were involved with the incident will be punished to the full extent of the law.

Woodrow

I was going to talk about each one of these... but nah... too easy.

I was going to drive to your house and shit down your throat... but nah... too easy.

Words are cheap. Don't talk about it, be about it.

GoodLuvn169

America may not have much of a left but it doesn't seem to hurt us.  We are the strongest country in the world.

And we have the "right" to thank for that? LOL, you're an idiot. The U.S. being the "strongest" country in the world has nothing to do with it being to the "right" instead of to the "left".

It has everything to do with that.

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
America may not have much of a left but it doesn't seem to hurt us.  We are the strongest country in the world.

And we have the "right" to thank for that? LOL, you're an idiot. The U.S. being the "strongest" country in the world has nothing to do with it being to the "right" instead of to the "left".

We are the "strongest" regardless of a Republican ("right") or Democrat ("left") being in power.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

Actually, after World War II, Europe was left to rebuild, and the United States at the time, since no war was fought in the actual country, started to build everything. During the Cold War, we build up our military to match Russia's, since we defeated Japan, we made them sign an agreement, with all of Asia influence, that Japan can never rebuild a military, they can have a defense military, but not a full military, and we'd act as it's military, something that still goes on to this day. After World War II, with Germany split and the other countries rebuilding, we became the military power of the world.