Author Topic: Let's say the world took a chance on peace: Who would be in?  (Read 347 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Let's say the world took a chance on peace: Who would be in?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 06:19:28 AM »
And if theres an alien invasion?

Someone needs to catch up on missed episodes of The Simpsons.
maybe this will interest you you can find the whole article here if u wish

In November 1989 the fall of the Berlin Wall marked the downfall of communism and the end of the Cold War.

After Germany became reunified France withdrew its troops altogether while Britain and the US slashed the number of men they stationed in the country.

But although the Soviet troops left eastern Germany in the early 1990s there have never been any demands from the German government for the British and Americans to go.

In fact quite the opposite.

The British Army employs nearly 6,000 German workers and British service personnel and their families spend their wages in German shops and restaurants.

Boost to local economy

BFG is estimated to input around 1.5 billion euros a year into the German economy and their departure would be devastating to local businesses.

When bases in the town of Soest, near Dortmund, closed in the early 1990s the local economy was hit badly as there was very little alternative employment locally.
Many empty barracks were used to house German migrants from the former East Germany and the former Soviet Union - known as ubersiedler and aufsiedler respectively - who brought with them social problems and crime.

British Army spokesman Alan Patterson said: "In most of Germany any suggestion that we are moving out is met with a degree of angst and fear from those who really think about it."

A spokesman for the German Embassy in London told BBC News Online: "It is not a topic for political debate in Germany. Nobody is asking for them to go home. We are happy to have them."

There are some, such as the PDS, the former East German communist party, who want the British to leave.

But the ruling Social Democrats, and the opposition Christian Democrats, do not share the PDS's view and the presence of foreign troops has failed to become an issue.

It seems the British troops in Germany are there to stay.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2004, 06:24:37 AM »
But the ruling Social Democrats, and the opposition Christian Democrats, do not share the PDS's view and the presence of foreign troops has failed to become an issue.

lolol.. I still dont see why. That our main parties want them to stay doesnt mean shit to me, because our parties suck.

"In most of Germany any suggestion that we are moving out is met with a degree of angst and fear from those who really think about it."

do you believe we're afraid russians might come with tanks and oppress our country as soon as your troops leave? LOL

The British Army employs nearly 6,000 German workers and British service personnel and their families spend their wages in German shops and restaurants.

ok.. our economy sucks.. but we're not that pathetic yet.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 07:16:17 AM »
but at the end of the day ur better off with us there than without

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

infinite59

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 08:49:27 AM »
Nobody trusts anyone in the world, and conspiracy theories run the day.  So nobody would do it.  @ the same time, saying men's hearts are wicked is rediculous, men do not naturally have wicked hearts.  You're born pure it's the world and your situations and encounters that turn your heart wicked, it's natural state is to be pure and loving. 

You sound like a Muslim.  Muslim's believe that man is born righteous and in submission to the will of the Creator.  It is society that can teach the child to later reject his true nature.

Your a Christian right?  Don't Christian's believe that man was born in sin and that Jesus Christ had to die on the cross to save their sins, and that they have to believe Jesus died on the cross and be baptized and all that to save themselves from sin?

Montana00

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 10:19:12 AM »
....Just because a country doesnt have WMD, and a "large american like" army, doesnt mean there a peaceful country, and cant be enemies.

And when did i say USA would be in on this peace thing? I live here, i know we cant live in peace. The fact is the world will never live in peace.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 10:20:57 AM »
....Just because a country doesnt have WMD, and a "large american like" army, doesnt mean there a peaceful country, and cant be enemies.

And when did i say USA would be in on this peace thing? I live here, i know we cant live in peace. The fact is the world will never live in peace.

Iraq never declared war or threatened America and no Iraqi citizen ever killed an American.

If USA can attack Iraq, they can attack ANY country in the world.
No, it's not a sin

Thirteen

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 10:26:12 AM »
terrorists don't need any military weapons to kill and that's already been proven. don't think as soon as the U.S. destroys all it's weapons that no crazy country/group of people would try anything. i think if anything, america would be one of the last one's to destroy all their weapons. it's not that we're unwilling, it's that we're not as dumb as iraq  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 10:28:48 AM »
terrorists don't need any military weapons to kill and that's already been proven. don't think as soon as the U.S. destroys all it's weapons that no crazy country/group of people would try anything. i think if anything, america would be one of the last one's to destroy all their weapons. it's not that we're unwilling, it's that we're not as dumb as iraq  ;D

that america attacked nevertheless is one of the most coward and word-breaking things in history. it's a shame how down-played it is.
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2004, 10:34:36 AM »
id like peace, but crime would still happen, and ending terrorism is imposibble. You cant stop people from being greedy, evil, jelouse, hatefull, ect.

Thirteen

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2004, 10:39:43 AM »

that america attacked nevertheless is one of the most coward and word-breaking things in history. it's a shame how down-played it is.

actually we gave them a list of demands, they just complied with one of them, it's now the american's fault that they comlied with the worst one.

it's like at a stand down when the police yell "come out with your gun down and your hands up or we will shoot" you pretty much should do both so you don't end up with a bullet in your ass

Montana00

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2004, 01:14:57 PM »

Iraq never declared war or threatened America and no Iraqi citizen ever killed an American.

what does that have to do with what i said?

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2004, 07:50:11 PM »
Canada :D

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2004, 10:59:43 PM »

what does that have to do with what i said?

You don't know shit about politics. Just shut the hell up already. I don't blame you for not being able to reply to that post that clearly shows how stupid you really are.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 12:47:30 AM »

to be fair putin did say they had inteligence iraq was planning an attack on america which they repeated warned america about, although it did come at a very convienent time (only a month or 2 ago), and saddam had proved he couldn't be trusted. i just think we could have gone about it a better way.