Author Topic: C-Murder Indicted on Attempted 2nd Degree Murder Charge  (Read 147 times)

mrtonguetwista

C-Murder Indicted on Attempted 2nd Degree Murder Charge
« on: July 26, 2004, 05:36:55 PM »
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Rapper C-Murder, who is already awaiting trial in Jefferson Parish on murder charges, was indicted by a Baton Rouge grand jury on attempted second-degree murder charges in an unrelated case.

The rapper, whose real name is Corey Miller, is accused of shooting at a Baton Rouge club owner and patron on Aug. 14, 2001. He faces a 50-year prison sentence if convicted of the second-degree murder charges.

Baton Rouge prosecutors Jeff Traylor and Brenda O'Neal said they could not comment about the facts of the case, about why it took three years to bring the case to a grand jury, or about whether the case was brought to a grand jury Thursday because of recent events in the Jefferson Parish case.

Miller's New Orleans attorney, Ronald Rakosky, said it normally takes prosecutors only a matter of weeks to get a case before a grand jury, not three years. He said East Baton Rouge Parish prosecutors did nothing with Miller's case for years and only got ``cranked up'' after a state judge ordered a new trial for Miller in the Jefferson Parish case.

Miller's Baton Rouge attorney, Hillar Moore, could not be reached for comment Thursday.

According to the arrest warrant in the Baton Rouge case, Miller tried to enter a club but a security guard stopped him. The security guard told Miller he could not enter without being searched, the warrant says. Miller demanded to see the club's owner, who also told Miller he could not enter without the search, the warrant says. Miller was leaving when he grabbed a semiautomatic handgun from his waistband and allegedly attempted to shoot the club's owner, who had his back to Miller, the warrant says.

When the gun malfunctioned, Miller racked the gun and discharged a live round, the warrant says. Miller then pointed the gun at the security guard and attempted to fire it for a second time, but it malfunctioned again and he drove off, according to the warrant.

A security surveillance tape from Club Raggs has been obtained, the warrant says, and the tape corroborated eyewitnesses' accounts of the events.

Miller surrendered to police two days after the arrest warrant was issued.

Another of Miller's attorneys, Roy Maughan Jr., said his client denies the allegations.

In September, a jury convicted Miller of second-degree murder in the killing of a 16-year-old inside a Jefferson Parish nightclub on Jan. 12, 2002. A state judge ordered that Miller receive a new trial because prosecutors withheld information about witnesses.

The judge also ordered that Miller be held without bail pending the new trial and because of the charges pending against him in East Baton Rouge from the Club Raggs incident.

Sikotic™

Re: C-Murder Indicted on Attempted 2nd Degree Murder Charge
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 06:15:05 PM »
He's a nut. Throwin his career away over some little shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

davida.b.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 08:50:25 PM »
Damn he's dumb. I just hope he finally stops this bullshit gets back to recording music. I'm probably the only person here who actually likes his shit.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 11:59:22 PM »
Damn he's lucky he's gettin a new trial for that murder charge, but with all these cases pending, he's likely to spend the rest of his life in jaill.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 01:46:12 AM »
Damn he's dumb. I just hope he finally stops this bullshit gets back to recording music. I'm probably the only person here who actually likes his shit.
yeah and you are not the only one

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 02:34:14 AM »
hopefully he rots in jail for the rest of his life
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

funkstylz