Author Topic: WWII: America vs Germany  (Read 616 times)

Slayer

Re: WWII: America vs Germany
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 10:45:17 PM »
Germany would have easily won, the Germans were beyond their time as far as technology goes. they had the first jet engine, the V2 rockets, and plane designs that have been copied and still used today. ( some of these designs by Germany actually were tested and flew).  also the Germans were close to completing their own atomic bomb toward the end of WW2, and the only reason they didn;t complete it was because of the constant bombing around them. there is no question in my mind that Germany would have easily defeated the U.S. if all of their forces were concentrated towards the U.S.

im going for Germany or nothing im just stateing facts...

NAZIS RULES ALL!!!!
NAZI! :D

DAYUM

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 10:46:16 PM »
Germany would have easily won, the Germans were beyond their time as far as technology goes. they had the first jet engine, the V2 rockets, and plane designs that have been copied and still used today. ( some of these designs by Germany actually were tested and flew).  also the Germans were close to completing their own atomic bomb toward the end of WW2, and the only reason they didn;t complete it was because of the constant bombing around them. there is no question in my mind that Germany would have easily defeated the U.S. if all of their forces were concentrated towards the U.S.

im going for Germany or nothing im just stateing facts...

NAZIS RULES ALL!!!!
NAZI! :D

yeah a mexican nazi ::)

almost as cool as a half white half mexican "skinhead" LMAO

muahahaah

*inside joke*

Slayer

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 10:53:20 PM »
^^^lmao dude shutup i am a real skinhead

DAYUM

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 10:56:47 PM »
hey guys news flash! imma be a skinhead even tho im mexican and i dont hate jews or blacks!!!  :D

::)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2004, 04:38:28 AM »
one of the biggest things which helped britain was the invention on radar because when they sent their planes over to bomb us we could see them coming way before they got here.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 06:09:36 AM »

and the british completing the cracking of the enigma machine. the polish were a huge part of that too. having seized the first machines and having cracked an earlier version of the code.

...years later americans then make a movie claiming they did it all on their own ::)

to me fact is...without the "alliance" the germans would have won.

singlehandedly we couldnt do it. none of us could have.

if england weren't seperated by mainland europe as much as it is (20 miles of sea at the closest) the story may well have been very different.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 06:46:20 AM »
Honestly the U.S. would have won. Historical fact, the war would not be fought in the Americans because Mexico had repeatly turn down offers from Germany to help them out, so Germany would have to travel by water and by air, which the U.S. would be ready to respond. Also, France would aid any invasion of Germany, here's a little secret, for 100's of years, they didn't along. So right there the war is fought in Germany. Also, we got the Atomic Bomb because many of the inventors were guess what, Jewish. Many of the scientist left, either because they were Jewish, or many scientist just didn't agree with Hitler and left. We used these scientist to get the atomic bomb first. So if you ask me who would, it'd be like how it happen, Germany with an early lead, the U.S. as time goes on, and in the end, an Atomic Explosion. only over Berlin this time.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2004, 10:42:33 AM »
Heres one thing you people seem to forget...the atomic bomb did not show up until 1945...because it took them that long to research and engineer the thing.  The war could have ended before then.  Also, who knows America would have even used it?  The A-bomb was used for two reasons only:
1) To save the lives of hundreds of thousands of American soldiers if the war continued on at it's rate.
2) To quickly put an end to the war b/c America was tired of fighting it.

Another thing people seem to forget is a battle called Kasserine Pass, which was the first ground engagement between American and German forces.  What happened?  The American forces were, quite literally, annihilated.  Germans had superior leadership, much better tanks and artillery, and German troops were MUCH better trained.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2004, 11:13:58 AM »
Heres one thing you people seem to forget...the atomic bomb did not show up until 1945...because it took them that long to research and engineer the thing.  The war could have ended before then.  Also, who knows America would have even used it?  The A-bomb was used for two reasons only:
1) To save the lives of hundreds of thousands of American soldiers if the war continued on at it's rate.
2) To quickly put an end to the war b/c America was tired of fighting it.

Another thing people seem to forget is a battle called Kasserine Pass, which was the first ground engagement between American and German forces.  What happened?  The American forces were, quite literally, annihilated.  Germans had superior leadership, much better tanks and artillery, and German troops were MUCH better trained.

Germany was better prepared for war first, which is why it benefit for us (The U.S.) to enter the war late, or else we'd end up like France. Now it is true, the Soviet Union was the major factor of Ally victory, because they just threw people at Germany until Germany started going backward. Soviet Russia lost more people than almost everyone else put together, plus Germany could not handle the winter.

But the United States vs. Nazi Germany, as I said, at first the Nazi's would be winning the war. Though I think Franklin D. Roosevelt would find a way to win, plus Eisenhower was a great general and MacArthur would not be occupied with Japan. The U.S. military would all be focused in Germany, meaning the Marines, the United States strangest soldiers would also be in Germany. In WWII, the Marines were in the pacific, and the Army, the largest but less skilled branch, was in Germany. So you would have a whole United States in Germany. This would give the United States more than enough time to develope teh bomb, which was originally suppose to be for Germany, which is why it was a hard choice to drop it in Japan. We never wanted to drop the bomb on Japan, because at the time, well, we only had 2. Those were suppose to be for military cities in Germany.

Montana00

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2004, 11:30:10 AM »
It all comes down to Germany was the only country actually prepared for war.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2004, 11:38:05 AM »
It all comes down to Germany was the only country actually prepared for war.

basically. It would have been a race for time. Can the United States hold off Germany long enough to build the Bomb. Another thing, when WWII first started, France and England did not battle Germany for almost a year, as they tried to rebuild their armies in time. The U.S. would be in the same boat. Of course one question, how in the world could you have a war like WWII without France running in, after all, if France hated anyone more than the U.S. today, it was Germany then. I don't see in 1941 the U.S. vs. Germany without France.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2004, 11:54:42 AM »
it depends on how soon we really had use of a nuclear bomb...we would have won eventually due to our superior technology...hence us building the first nuke
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 11:57:46 AM by KING VerbalAssaulta »

Smoke

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2004, 04:17:07 PM »
Easly Germany. No doubt. Just remember how Japan destroyed USA in just one day (and if they didnt use 2 nukes.. who knows!). Now i'm not against USA, you know (i thanked them so many times cause they "saved" Italy), but Japan and Germany were preparing that war from so many years, man. USA had more money, more people, more everything, but they werent ready for a war. They had great airplanes, but they werent good against submarines. They had big ships, but they built them to be indistructibles in sea-sea fights (they forgot about airplanes..). Japanese invented a special bomb to be launched from airplanes, that was able not to destroy the whole ship (cause they would have damaged it, but not really destroyed it), but to go inside it and explode inside it.. They invented kamikazee's. Germany had the best army in the world. They were unstoppable. I personally think Hitler destroyed them. By not letting good generals do the war. He often personally wrote the plans of the battles, or let his best friends do it (but they didnt have the ability). Germany fell off because of themselves not having good generals. I'm sure about it. Not because of the enemies. Well.. it's a lucky thing, def. But they were scaring, man. Scaring. I'm happy USA won, tho.

DAYUM

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2004, 04:28:19 PM »
Easly Germany. No doubt. Just remember how Japan destroyed USA in just one day (and if they didnt use 2 nukes.. who knows!). Now i'm not against USA, you know (i thanked them so many times cause they "saved" Italy), but Japan and Germany were preparing that war from so many years, man. USA had more money, more people, more everything, but they werent ready for a war. They had great airplanes, but they werent good against submarines. They had big ships, but they built them to be indistructibles in sea-sea fights (they forgot about airplanes..). Japanese invented a special bomb to be launched from airplanes, that was able not to destroy the whole ship (cause they would have damaged it, but not really destroyed it), but to go inside it and explode inside it.. They invented kamikazee's. Germany had the best army in the world. They were unstoppable. I personally think Hitler destroyed them. By not letting good generals do the war. He often personally wrote the plans of the battles, or let his best friends do it (but they didnt have the ability). Germany fell off because of themselves not having good generals. I'm sure about it. Not because of the enemies. Well.. it's a lucky thing, def. But they were scaring, man. Scaring. I'm happy USA won, tho.

thanks you thast what i said...

but i mean yall gotta remember it was just Germany and Japan aganist the world lol

Smoke

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 04:38:44 PM »
Not only. The single fact 2 Nations with no help (forget about Italy's military force! We being so wack helped USA more than the nuke's, lol!) for 5 years resisted against the whole world (5 years, not 5 weeks like Iraq. Just immagine Iraq resisting 5 years against the whole world and invading Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia, etc..) it was awesome! I mean terrible, you know what i mean.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 04:40:59 PM by Antonio »