Author Topic: WWII: America vs Germany  (Read 625 times)

DAYUM

Re: WWII: America vs Germany
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2004, 04:39:51 PM »
plus...

there is technology nazi germany made that is still being used today the US got their stealth bomber design from them.

Actually, Germany had the superior technology, they had the jet engine first, the would have had the atomic bomb long before the U.S. had they not been under such heavy bombing , they had the V2 rockets (it has been said that Nazi Germany saved the U.S. and Russia 10 years in the "space race"), and many of the nazi's plane designs are still used today ( the U.S. used one of Germany's designs to make what we now know as the stealth bomber).  So dont even say anything about the United States' superior technology, because the German's technology was leagues beyond the technology of the U.S.

Smoke

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2004, 04:44:14 PM »
Plus, you know.. Hitler was a fool.

I mean he did things who were unnecessary for the war. Just for the fuck of it. He focused on jews when it was totally negative for the war itself. He wanted to conquire Russia and it was totally unnecessary for the war. He did stupid things (cause he was stupid) just cause he was crazy. Immagine a real man with a real plan and that army. With real generals who knew the art of war and were not Hitler's homeboys. Pratically unstoppable. When you usually see an American movie about Nazi, you always see 1 American killing them all, or fooling them all (e.i. Indiana Jones, etc..), but for real.. they were scaring! Believe me.

DAYUM

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2004, 04:55:29 PM »
Hitle ronly did stupid shit towards the end of the war, not the beginning. In a war against the U.S. it wouldn;t have even made it to that time period. Toward the end hitler was sick and didn't listen to his generals because he wanted to see all of his goals accomplished before he died. But as i said, the war against america wouldnt even had made it that far. And about the movie thing......don;t be a damn fool. The winner of war (or anything for that matter) is allowed to portray their opponents however they want to, and no one will question it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2004, 05:27:14 PM »
Awww... but see, I figure Hitler would lose the war against the U.S.

I am realizing how dumb this question is. Are people just looking for someone to beat the U.S. I remember when no one thought Mike Tyson could lose, they said Ali could beat him... which is true... but it doesn't matter. If anyone wants to see a nation that can beat the U.S. in war, look no further than China. There, Hitler would lose against the U.S. on his own stupity, which counts, an army is only is as good as it's head, and China now can beat the U.S. now. Simple.

U.S. in 1941 had Roosevelt leading Eisenhower, MacArthur, the U.S. Marines were not even in Europe, they were in the Pacific, which the U.S. fought by it's self, well supplying England with troops to fight Germany. Also, if you lived anywhere near a military base in the U.S., you know because in our history we mobilized many steel mills, and airplane tank factories everywhere. I live in a place that had a steel mill, airplane factory and air force base all within 5 miles of each other, and until it all closed in the 80's, that's how people here made money was through these industries. The U.S. mobilized all of it's resources after Pearl Harbor really quick, and all we had to do in 1941, was basically wait out until 1945 when we had the atomic bomb. We rebuild after Pearl Harbor really quickly, and we took a year to get everything ready, reload our Navy, and rush through the Pacific ocean with ease. Maybe it's because I live in an area with a lot of Marines, but I do not see us losing a war with Germany when our soldiers believe in the war we our fighting in, and the Holocaust would be good enough to get our soldiers fighting.

DAYUM

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2004, 05:49:26 PM »
 You are acting as if its todays U.S. against Nazi Germany. Back then nazi germany would have crushed the U.S..... And why do yo ukeep bringing up the A-Bomb? Like i have said the Germans would have had it long before the U.S. if they werent being bombed by the allies so much, and this wouldnt be a problem if it was just the U.S. against germany. And you bring up the holocaust, but yet the U.S. troops claim to have known nothing about the holocaust. I've heard holocaust survivors speak and they have descibed the looks on the soldiers faces, and have said the soldiers told them they didnt have any idea about the camps. So how would they be motivated by something they knew nothing about? Are they gonna jump ahead in time, come back and THEN fight the war?

Smoke

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2004, 06:04:19 PM »
Motivations has nothing to do with USA not being prepared to fight sea-air fights, to defend themselves from japaneeses and kamikazees, to go defeating Germany when they were already fighting from 5 years alone against the whole world, and winning. Plus american soldiers didnt even know about holocaust at all. Germany were unbeatable by a single nation. At least in a small period of time. They didnt collapse with the whole world fighting them for almost 6 years.. how is it possible to think they could have been (easly?) defeated just by a single nation? (not prepared to war).

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2004, 10:42:14 PM »
The U.S. at the time didn't go into Germany and Japan at the start of the war for one reason, we were not ready. Germany took Europe by storm, crushing countries that were not ready. Poland, France, all of Eastern Europe, England, if England was on main land Europe, they'd be crush. Geography plays a huge role. If the United States was right next to Germany, the U.S. would fall. But I keep saying, it would be fought in Germany. Mexico was against Germany, so was Canada, meaning Germany would have no where to house soldiers. Plus the United States militaries best fighters were fighting the Japanese front in the Pacific. You add those to the Europe front, and the fact that we don't have to invade Germany until we feel ready to. It's different. And Hitler didn't not get the bomb because Germany was getting bombed, he didn't get the bomb because his best scientist left Germany to come to the United States. Does Albert Einstein ring a bell. Many of the A-Bomb scientist were Jewish, so if they stayed in Germany they'd die. Hitler was sitting on the A-Bomb and gave it away. It would all be a matter of time. If Germany can fight back the U.S., and find a way to take the war to the North America, then, and only then can Germany win. I'm not arguing who was better perpared, who's generals where better, who had greater technology, but you have to understand, even in 1941 the United States had a hell of a military, and the Marines in the Pacific fought some of the greatest battles in world history, proving their reputation. All we had was time, Hitler gave us the bomb chasing away the scientist, and unless he can get the war across the ocean, Germany could not win. Hitler knew the U.S. entering was certain defeat, because he could not invade the U.S. That's why we suffered no damage. He was hoping Japan could take care of us, distract us and make us fight the same 2 front war that they were fighting. Geography again, I'll say it, geography. All we had to do was hold out as long as we can, until Einstein and his boys got it right, and it was over.

Thirteen

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2004, 10:51:06 PM »
Awww... but see, I figure Hitler would lose the war against the U.S.

I am realizing how dumb this question is. Are people just looking for someone to beat the U.S. I remember when no one thought Mike Tyson could lose, they said Ali could beat him... which is true... but it doesn't matter. If anyone wants to see a nation that can beat the U.S. in war, look no further than China. There, Hitler would lose against the U.S. on his own stupity, which counts, an army is only is as good as it's head, and China now can beat the U.S. now. Simple.

U.S. in 1941 had Roosevelt leading Eisenhower, MacArthur, the U.S. Marines were not even in Europe, they were in the Pacific, which the U.S. fought by it's self, well supplying England with troops to fight Germany. Also, if you lived anywhere near a military base in the U.S., you know because in our history we mobilized many steel mills, and airplane tank factories everywhere. I live in a place that had a steel mill, airplane factory and air force base all within 5 miles of each other, and until it all closed in the 80's, that's how people here made money was through these industries. The U.S. mobilized all of it's resources after Pearl Harbor really quick, and all we had to do in 1941, was basically wait out until 1945 when we had the atomic bomb. We rebuild after Pearl Harbor really quickly, and we took a year to get everything ready, reload our Navy, and rush through the Pacific ocean with ease. Maybe it's because I live in an area with a lot of Marines, but I do not see us losing a war with Germany when our soldiers believe in the war we our fighting in, and the Holocaust would be good enough to get our soldiers fighting.

china doesn't stand a chance now or ever

DAYUM

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2004, 10:58:58 PM »
We're talking about U.S. against Germany, with no help from other countries, so no housing troops in Europe for the U.S.  And you act as if the Germans were idiots, they had some of the smartest scietists in the world, you act as if they couldnt make a A-Bomb when its common knowledge they were so close, if germany had lasted a month or 2 longer it would have been ready, and that was while the constant bombing in europe was going on.  Even if both germand and the u.s. had the same time to prepare germany would have won. They would have won at sea and at air with their u-boats and superior planes. why you cant see that i dunno, but believe what you wanna believe, even if it is the wrong thing to believe.

DAYUM

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2004, 11:00:32 PM »
PLUS the man who created the A-Bomb where was he from?

answer that question thank you...

IM OUT!!! ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2004, 11:08:18 PM »

IM OUT!!! ;D

lol... woulda coulda. The bomb ended in out hands... Einstein ended up in our hands, all them scientist ended up in our hands. Weird how life ends up.

DAYUM

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2004, 11:10:31 PM »

IM OUT!!! ;D

lol... woulda coulda. The bomb ended in out hands... Einstein ended up in our hands, all them scientist ended up in our hands. Weird how life ends up.

why dnot u reply to my other post?

Slayer

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2004, 11:13:06 PM »
germany was to busy testing their prototypes
plus we had better planes like b52's that fucked them up
as for invading we fucked them up also
they had a good advantage like omaha beach but we still conquered them

DAYUM

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2004, 11:23:10 PM »
germany was to busy testing their prototypes
plus we had better planes like b52's that fucked them up
as for invading we fucked them up also
they had a good advantage like omaha beach but we still conquered them

by we do u mean US or Germany?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2004, 11:53:48 PM »

IM OUT!!! ;D

why dnot u reply to my other post?

the same reason why you didn't answer my post about were the war would be and time leading to the A-Bomb. No matter what you say, France would help us. Lets get some historical facts here. France and Germany at the time hated each other. They've hated each other for years, and they would help us. There is so much in history that happened that would not allow for this completely abstract question to happen. In order to pick a winner, you have to look at history, and history would not allow this war to happen as you explain. There has to be a ground war, in which case it would be in Europe because the only place a ground war would happen is Germany because France would help us store soldiers. Other than that, there is no ground war, therefore no war at all. You are arguing with a history major who happens to have an interest in WWII about who would win a hypothical war, that the way you're explain is historically impossible to happen. It just can never happen. And it could never even stay one on one. Russia and Germany were too different to co-exist, Facism and Communism are complete opposites, and at the time England was not going to let Germany run all over Europe like they were. Also, Germany was pulling resources from countries they took over, which under your assumption they didn't do that, and some of our resources were put into England, which in your assumption we still have. This question could never happen like you said, it's impossible. A straight war with U.S. vs. Germany as neighboring countries, Germany would win, but that's like asking how would a apple taste if it had an orange peel on it.