Author Topic: The Case For Invading Iran  (Read 1006 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Case For Invading Iran
« on: July 27, 2004, 01:04:35 PM »
I say we do it.....

Why We Must Strike Iran Now 
By New York Daily News
New York Daily News | July 27, 2004

Did we invade the wrong country? One of the lessons now being drawn from the 9/11 report is that Iran was the real threat. The Iraq War critics have a new line of attack: We should have done Iran instead.
Well, of course Iran is a threat. But how exactly would the critics have "done" Iran? Iran is a serious country with a serious army. Can you imagine the Iraq War critics actually supporting war with Iran?

If not war, what then? The Bush administration, having decided that invading one Axis-of-Evil country was about as much as the country can bear, has gone multilateral on Iran. Washington delegated the issue to a committee of three - the foreign ministers of Britain, France and Germany - that has been meeting with the Iranians to get them to shut down their nuclear program.

The result? They have been led by the nose. Time is of the essence, and the runaround that the Tehran Three have gotten from the mullahs has meant that we have lost at least nine months in doing anything to stop the Iranian nuclear program.

Iran instead of Iraq? The Iraq critics would have done nothing about either country. There would today be two major Islamic countries sitting on an ocean of oil, supporting terrorism and seeking weapons of mass destruction - instead of one.

Two years ago, there were five countries supporting terror and pursuing WMDs - two junior-leaguers, Libya and Syria, and the axis-of-evil varsity: Iraq, Iran and North Korea. The Bush administration has just eliminated two: Iraq, by direct military means, and Libya, by example and intimidation.

Syria is weak and deterred by Israel. North Korea, having gone nuclear, is untouchable. That leaves Iran. There are only two things that will stop the Iranian nuclear program: revolution from below or an attack on its nuclear facilities.

The country should be ripe for revolution. But the mullahs are very good at police-state tactics. The long-awaited revolution is not happening. Which makes the question of preemptive attack all the more urgent. Iran will go nuclear during the next presidential term. If nothing is done, a fanatical terrorist regime openly dedicated to the destruction of the "Great Satan" will have both nuclear weapons and the terrorists and missiles to deliver them. All that stands between us and that is either revolution or preemptive strike.

Both of which, by the way, are far more likely to succeed with 146,000 American troops and highly sophisticated aircraft standing by just a few miles away - in Iraq.

Slayer

Re: The Case For Invading Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 01:08:34 PM »
yes we should

Montana00

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 01:10:33 PM »
Well we could easily defeat iran, but the problem is this.

Who is going to believe the bush administration. "Well we were wrong about iraq, but were telling the truth now."
Two wars, 1 right after another, wont go over well with the world, no matter how much of a threat iran is.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 01:15:10 PM »
So according to the first paragraph, "We fucked up by attacking Iraq, so let's go after Iran"?

And I like how the article makes Iran out to be an extremely urgent threat, just like the government did for Iraq.

I don't buy it and will not support it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 01:22:32 PM »
slayer, i commend you on being a moron with a great mastery of the Smiley arts

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 02:14:44 PM »

Who is going to believe the bush administration. "Well we were wrong about iraq, but were telling the truth now."
Two wars, 1 right after another, wont go over well with the world, no matter how much of a threat iran is.

Who gives a fuck if knowone is gunna believe the Bush adminsitraiton. He knows he doing something right, which has been proven and if the world dont like to bad.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 02:15:48 PM »

Who gives a fuck if knowone is gunna believe the Bush adminsitraiton. He knows he doing something right, which has been proven and if the world dont like to bad.

That was something a lot of people were saying when the Administration was pushing hard to attack Iraq.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 02:18:18 PM »
That was something a lot of people were saying when the Administration was pushing hard to attack Iraq.

Yes, but that time it wasnt proven that Iraq has nuclear capabilities. Iran has it, and we know. Also they  have ties to terriost groups like Al Quiada that was responsible for 9/11.

Slayer

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 02:31:41 PM »
slayer, i commend you on being a moron with a great mastery of the Smiley arts
lmao
dont worry saves

just look at that

« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 02:38:49 PM by Slayer »

eS El Duque

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 02:34:55 PM »
I say we do it.....

yea? go join the fuckin army..walk bitch!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 02:40:44 PM »
why not nuke the whole middle east wile were at it

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 02:46:05 PM »
why are you ppl so fuckin' evil? I dont get it. Why killing ppl of a country that has never done shit to you?

Im not even argue why it's unjustified and pure evilness, since as I read your posts, yall prolly even know that, which is even more shocking.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Thirteen

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 02:48:53 PM »
why are you ppl so fuckin' evil? I dont get it. Why killing ppl of a country that has never done shit to you?

Im not even argue why it's unjustified and pure evilness, since as I read your posts, yall prolly even know that, which is even more shocking.

the same thing could be said for both sides

why did terrorists crash planes into they WTC? those people never went over and killed people in the middle east

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2004, 02:53:05 PM »

why did terrorists crash planes into they WTC? those people never went over and killed people in the middle east

but the country they represented fucked things up, as you remember, noone said shit when you attacked Afghanistan, but Iraq and Iran ... that's like arab terrorists crashing planes into Iceland. Im not saying 9/11 was right either, and if I was to talk to terrorists on this board I would tell them that believe me, but right now I talk to ppl who are looking forward to genocide in the purest of its form and even KNOW how unjustified and fucked up it is and still like it, and I can hardly believe what I  read in this thread.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 02:55:06 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Thirteen

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2004, 02:56:03 PM »

but the country they represented fucked things up, as you remember, noone said shit when you attack Afghanistan, but Iraq and Iran ... that's like arab terrorists crashing planes into Iceland

how so? last time i checked you guys were complaining how we helped all the terrorists in afghanistan if we were so helpful to them, why would they bomb us in the first place?