Author Topic: Mase-Welcome_Back-(REAL_RETAIL)-2004  (Read 792 times)

teecee

Re: Mase-Welcome_Back-(REAL_RETAIL)-2004
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 09:17:49 AM »
I missed the first two songs, i have tem but not good quality.......

AS for the album, i dont know what to think.  I have a feeling mase will sell about a million with this one, and his next one will be major with more mainstream producers.......

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2004, 10:31:10 AM »
I'm listening rite now, I'm feelin the first 4 songs, but then again I was a HUGE Mase fan when he first came out.  The only thing that pisses me off is that its 12 tracks ::).  The one thing I'm surprised about is that I'm not bothered by the lack of profanity.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 10:33:16 AM by "The Untouchable" WSConnected187 »

teecee

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2004, 10:59:07 AM »
I'm not sure if that tracklist is right, some of the titles are wrong...........and Mario WInans said he was working on the album, doesnt sound like he did anything.....

I dont like Mase's singing, he never sang b4, why does he feel the need now.   I also dont like the corny ass hooks by that chick on the third and 4th song.............

Best songs:

Gotta Survive (goes into why he left a little bit, the most personal song)

Breathe Stretch Shake (Keep Dreaming) -  gonna be a HUGE single, its the next one out

Harlem Lullaby (all my People)-  Third single, this is also gonna be a hhuge ass song

Do You Remember (In my Life)-  number 10 on the advance, although i dont think this is the right title;  i think DO you Remember is the tiltle for track 9, and this song is actually called Im My Life.......anyway, tight sample, pretty dope song

I Owe-  another song that could be a hit..........

Worst-     1. I luv Twyla-  i dont have a problem with doing a song about your chick, but this is horrendous.  She cant sing, & she also ruins  2. WE dont have to

i was expecting more deep songs, cant wait for the jesus walks remix

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2004, 11:47:12 AM »
This album is garbage.. most of the tracks are even rip-offs..  :-X

made you realize how much yo boy 50 copied him and dont wanna amit it huh?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2004, 11:54:15 AM »
Good point Baby G, Jome thinks 50 and G Unit are the second coming or something........i'd take this mase album over the
G-Unit album, Banks, or that buck album       

And ya, anyone who says 50 didnt copy mase is pathetic......say what you want about mase, his flow and voice are original, while 50, Loon and Fab play it up to sound like him

eS El Duque

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 12:07:54 PM »
This album is garbage.. most of the tracks are even rip-offs..  :-X

welcome back
keep dreamin
gotta survive
my harlem lullaby (what did they sample here???? sounds familier)
into what you say
i owe

^^only tracks i like

Jome

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 07:30:33 PM »

I never liked Ma$e, and never really listened much to him, so I can't say I care..  ::)
At least 50 only sells out for 2-3 tracks on his albums, and makes hiphop on the rest of the album.
Ma$e sold totally out.

Good point Baby G, Jome thinks 50 and G Unit are the second coming or something........i'd take this mase album over the
G-Unit album, Banks, or that buck album       

Yeah, I guess it's better if you're into that soft r'n'b-sound, I won't stop you..

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2004, 07:49:57 PM »
who gives a shit about 50 copying mase's style. mase sucks and so does 50 for the most part (50 is a better lyricist).   at least 50 is somewhat of a real gangsta as opposed to gay ass mase.  i cant believe you guys are even giving mase this much attention. harlem world is a decent listen but the only reason mase blew up is cause he was with bad boy.

peace
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2004, 11:27:56 PM »

I never liked Ma$e, and never really listened much to him, so I can't say I care..  ::)
At least 50 only sells out for 2-3 tracks on his albums, and makes hiphop on the rest of the album.
Ma$e sold totally out.
How has Mase sold out?  The one thing I respect most about Mase is that he never "sold out."  He's a pop rapper, and he has never tried to be anything else.  Just because he makes radio-friendly music doesn't make him a sell out.  That's what he's always been.

Jome

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2004, 11:45:11 PM »
How has Mase sold out?  The one thing I respect most about Mase is that he never "sold out."  He's a pop rapper, and he has never tried to be anything else.  Just because he makes radio-friendly music doesn't make him a sell out.  That's what he's always been.

Yeah ok..
Pop-rap IS sellout hiphop, imo.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2004, 12:00:58 AM »
who gives a shit about 50 copying mase's style. mase sucks and so does 50 for the most part (50 is a better lyricist).   at least 50 is somewhat of a real gangsta as opposed to gay ass mase.  i cant believe you guys are even giving mase this much attention. harlem world is a decent listen but the only reason mase blew up is cause he was with bad boy.

dumbest post on any forum EVER

Mase is a much better lyricist than 50. Neither of them use their full potential, but trust Mase is better. And how is 50 gangsta? Gettin shot up makes you a G huh? Lol gosh golly.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2004, 12:24:10 AM »

Yeah ok..
Pop-rap IS sellout hiphop, imo.

Yeah, but I'm saying he didn't sell out because he has always made pop rap.  I consider a sell out someone like Snoop Dogg who made street music and then, for more appeal, started making radio friendly songs.  Mase never tried to be hard, excpet in his Murder Mase days before he started his career.

Wizzay

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2004, 05:57:36 AM »

my harlem lullaby (what did they sample here???? sounds familier)

Madona - La Isla Bonita

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2004, 02:34:05 PM »
Fabolous>Ma$e.  Still look the same though.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2004, 03:16:08 PM »
mase did sell out, he was Murda mase (a gangsta rapper), and now..