Author Topic: Who won 2nite  (Read 300 times)

pappy

Who won 2nite
« on: July 27, 2004, 09:03:08 PM »
For those that watched.... Michael Moore or Bill O'Reilly.  I say pretty even slight edge moore.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who won 2nite
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 09:06:12 PM »
O´Reilly. Moore was not answering the questions correctly and was using irrelevant comments. I mean what the hell is this:

BILL O'REILLY: The issues… all right good, now, one of the issues is you because you’ve been calling Bush a liar on weapons of mass destruction, the Senate Intelligence Committee, Lord Butler’s investigation in Britain, and now the 9/11 Commission have all come out and said there was no lying on the part of President Bush.  Plus, Vladimir Putin has said his intelligence told Bush there were weapons of mass destruction.  Wanna apologize to the president now or later?

MOORE: He didn’t tell the truth, he said there were weapons of mass destruction.

O'REILLY: Yeah, but he didn’t lie, he was misinformed by - all of those investigations come to the same conclusion, that’s not a lie.

MOORE: uh huh, so in other words if I told you right now that nothing was going on down here on the stage that would not be a lie?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 09:24:13 PM by Machiavelli »

hector

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 10:21:02 PM »
so what if bush was misinformed.  what kind of fucking excuse is that?  thats a poor excuse that shouldn't stand.  If your son or daughter was killed in the war, would you accept that?  I sure fuckin wouldn't.  Bush is the President.  That is a huge responsibility.  Saying you are misinformed does not cut it in my book.  you think that would ever hold up in court? 

Oh, Judge, well I shot the man in the head and killed him, because everybody told me that he was out to kill me.  I mean, he never personally threatened me, but all my best friends said that he wanted to kill me.  So I just acted in my best interest and killed him.  Its not my fault, I was just misinformed.

yeah right.  poor fucking excuse.  apologize for your mistake and make it up to the parents of the dead soldiers.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 10:29:12 PM »
so what if bush was misinformed.  what kind of fucking excuse is that?  thats a poor excuse that shouldn't stand.  If your son or daughter was killed in the war, would you accept that?  I sure fuckin wouldn't.  Bush is the President.  That is a huge responsibility.  Saying you are misinformed does not cut it in my book.  you think that would ever hold up in court? 

What would you do if  the CIA, Brittan Intelligence, and Russian Intelligence were saying that there were WMDs in Iraq? Your the President of the United States of America,  you would not act to go to Iraq?

Oh, Judge, well I shot the man in the head and killed him, because everybody told me that he was out to kill me.  I mean, he never personally threatened me, but all my best friends said that he wanted to kill me.  So I just acted in my best interest and killed him.  Its not my fault, I was just misinformed.

LOL..We are talking about the president here. Thats Apples and Oranges

Also I agree with you that Bush should go out in public and say that Iraq war to find WMDs was a mistake - due to bad intelligence from his sources.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 10:31:23 PM by Machiavelli »

pappy

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 10:38:33 PM »
O´Reilly. Moore was not answering the questions correctly and was using irrelevant comments. I mean what the hell is this:

BILL O'REILLY: The issues… all right good, now, one of the issues is you because you’ve been calling Bush a liar on weapons of mass destruction, the Senate Intelligence Committee, Lord Butler’s investigation in Britain, and now the 9/11 Commission have all come out and said there was no lying on the part of President Bush.  Plus, Vladimir Putin has said his intelligence told Bush there were weapons of mass destruction.  Wanna apologize to the president now or later?

MOORE: He didn’t tell the truth, he said there were weapons of mass destruction.

O'REILLY: Yeah, but he didn’t lie, he was misinformed by - all of those investigations come to the same conclusion, that’s not a lie.

MOORE: uh huh, so in other words if I told you right now that nothing was going on down here on the stage that would not be a lie?

there was a lot more to that part of the discussion.

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 10:56:08 PM »

What would you do if  the CIA, Brittan Intelligence, and Russian Intelligence were saying that there were WMDs in Iraq? Your the President of the United States of America,  you would not act to go to Iraq?

LOL..We are talking about the president here. Thats Apples and Oranges

Also I agree with you that Bush should go out in public and say that Iraq war to find WMDs was a mistake - due to bad intelligence from his sources.

Alright, so since Bush is so quick to take action, why the fuck didn't he take those terrorist attack warnings serious? Why did he ignore them?

Also, why the fuck did Bush tell his staff TO COME UP WITH AKA MAKE UP REASONS that would explain Iraq's involvement/ties to Al Qaeda? That's much worse than a liar. He fuckin told them to LIE so that he could give us a reasonable excuse to kill thousands of innocent people, remove Saddam, set a puppet government in place, and make his friends rich. The guy is scum and deserves to rot in hell.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 11:04:13 PM »

Alright, so since Bush is so quick to take action, why the fuck didn't he take those terrorist attack warnings serious? Why did he ignore them?

I guess because he wasn't aware of the warnings, only the CIA knew, which was so fucked up at the time, they probably ignored the warnings.

Also, why the fuck did Bush tell his staff TO COME UP WITH AKA MAKE UP REASONS that would explain Iraq's involvement/ties to Al Qaeda? That's much worse than a liar. He fuckin told them to LIE so that he could give us a reasonable excuse to kill thousands of innocent people, remove Saddam, set a puppet government in place, and make his friends rich. The guy is scum and deserves to rot in hell

Do you have proof  that he told his staff  "TO COME UP WITH AKA MAKE UP REASONS that would explain Iraq's involvement/ties to Al Qaeda?"

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 11:30:16 PM »

I guess because he wasn't aware of the warnings, only the CIA knew, which was so fucked up at the time, they probably ignored the warnings.

Actually several of them have already stated that they informed the President, so there goes another argument of yours.

Also, why the fuck did Bush tell his staff TO COME UP WITH AKA MAKE UP REASONS that would explain Iraq's involvement/ties to Al Qaeda? That's much worse than a liar. He fuckin told them to LIE so that he could give us a reasonable excuse to kill thousands of innocent people, remove Saddam, set a puppet government in place, and make his friends rich. The guy is scum and deserves to rot in hell

Do you have proof  that he told his staff  "TO COME UP WITH AKA MAKE UP REASONS that would explain Iraq's involvement/ties to Al Qaeda?"

Sure, no problem

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/11/01/bushiraq021101

Vincent Cannistraro, a former CIA chief of counter-terrrorism, says the Bush administration is putting fierce pressure on the CIA to produce evidence about the Iraq al-Qaeda link that it doesn't have.

Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 03:10:25 AM »
why ppl always get sonned and still wont learn from it is beyond me.

to me moore was the winner, but I dont give him credits, since Imo every dude with a least one pound of a brain can bash a dude that is supporting the actions of the bush administration. it doesnt take too much, it's fuckin clear and obvious and even most of the supportes know it, Im sure.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 03:12:25 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 04:59:35 AM »
I thought Moore won, because the only argument O'Reilly had was the one about "he didn't lie".

He kept using the investigation reports as evidence but - the Russian one isn't worth talking about - they are shady. 
The British reports were laughed at in this country because they were percieved at reports that were just trying to protect the establishment.

Bush lied about the Al Quaida connection - he deliberately tried to influence the public to think Saddam was involved in 9/11 and somehow - it worked because at one time a majority of Americans believed he was involved.  The British plagiarised a 13 year old PHD essay and used that as their main evidence. 

There is no direct moment when you can say "thats a lie".  But Bush and Blair both knew the evidence was very, very shaky.  Yet they still talked as if there was no doubt the weapons existed.

There is no doubt they mislead the public.

On a side note I was really impressed by Moore, I didn't think he would be any good but he mutilated O'Reilly.  I loved it when O'Reilly wouldn't answer about sending kids to secure Fallujah and only said he would go himself and Moore was like "Quick when can we get him there!"

Moore wins.

Montana00

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 06:47:04 AM »
Im sick of people telling me that this whole situation was not Bush' fault. Wake up and smell the coffins.

The day after september 11th, Bush told his administration (dont know exactly who) to draw up war plans on Iraq. They later gave him the "faulty information" of iraqs WMD. He quickly went to the UN. They said give us more time. Bush said we are going to do this now. And he did it without any help.

Now even if he got faulty information. That is not the way to handle this type of situation. Thats how you loose close allies. I dont care what the Cia told bush. HE is the president, and when your administration fucks up. You must take the responsibility. The late ronald reagan's administration messed up, and he said that even though this was not my fault i still accept the blame because i am the president.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 07:19:16 AM »
Actually several of them have already stated that they informed the President, so there goes another argument of yours.

Well several of them have all already stated that they ignored the warnings, so there goes another argument of yours.

Sure, no problem

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/11/01/bushiraq021101

Vincent Cannistraro, a former CIA chief of counter-terrrorism, says the Bush administration is putting fierce pressure on the CIA to produce evidence about the Iraq al-Qaeda link that it doesn't have.

OK, first off you get a article from a bias Canadian channel, Second you get an OPINION from a FORMER CIA chief of counter- terrorism

Montana00

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 09:05:43 AM »
Its known fact that Bush asked the CIA to "find something on iraq," and so they did.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 09:19:59 AM »
Its known fact that Bush asked the CIA to "find something on iraq," and so they did.

yes

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 12:24:51 PM »
i was disappointed in oriely..he usually trashes most guests...he seemed to hold back on a lot of things..and didnt like the issues he brought up.