Author Topic: It might happen... Barack Obama  (Read 8307 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
It might happen... Barack Obama
« on: July 28, 2004, 11:26:15 AM »
Many are saying he could be the first ever Black U.S. president. I saw him in the news, in the black community, where he used to be a community activist in the South Side of Chicago. I hear him speak, and his a very smart man, who I would not mind seeing as president. I thought Collen Powell would be the first black president, who I would vote for because he seems to be one of the few reasonable people in the public eye, but he has turned down running for years. Barack Obama though has not ruled it out, and is looking to be only the 3rd black senator in U.S. history since 1865. Also, Obama has a stage presents I think only rivaled by Bill Clinton, in terms of speaking, and he doesn't talk regular Democrat, but also very middle of the line, common American, with a left slant. I can see him beig president, though not winning many southern states. But it would be cool to see him run if Kerry loses in 2008, or if Kerry wins, 2012. Though Hillary has to run too, and Edwards who I don't see winning nomination ever. In the end though, it's an exciting time to see all the future possibilities for Democrat hopefuls. After hearing Obama though, I like him in 2008-2012. Obama 4 President.

Montana00

Re: It might happen... Barack Obama
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 11:29:07 AM »
i highly doubt that a black man will become president in the near future.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 11:39:57 AM »
I think if theres gunna be a black president, then Colin Powell would be the best choice. That guy is a smart mutherfucker, that knows what it takes to become president unlike bush.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 11:45:57 AM »
i highly doubt that a black man will become president in the near future.

have you heard him. His running unoppose in Illinois for the senate because his so popular, Republicans can't find anyone who wants to run against him. He could do it. I heard his speech, and to say the least, only Bill Clinton can rival Obama in speaking, he seems to have what it takes to agree with much of the United States. Could be interesting.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 11:54:49 AM »

have you heard him. His running unoppose in Illinois for the senate because his so popular, Republicans can't find anyone who wants to run against him. He could do it. I heard his speech, and to say the least, only Bill Clinton can rival Obama in speaking, he seems to have what it takes to agree with much of the United States. Could be interesting.

is he a moderate liberal or Extreme liberal

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 11:58:38 AM »

is he a moderate liberal or Extreme liberal

'cause his black he has to be extreme liberal? his middle of the road, with a slight left slant.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 12:00:54 PM »

'cause his black he has to be extreme liberal?

no i never said that...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 12:06:08 PM »
There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America,

Montana00

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 01:31:28 PM »
I think if theres gunna be a black president, then Colin Powell would be the best choice. That guy is a smart mutherfucker, that knows what it takes to become president unlike bush.
Colin powell lost all chance of becoming a future president when he joined up with bush.
Everyone will remember him when he was at the UN presenting his "facts" of saddams WMD.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 01:56:15 PM »
I thought it was a great speech...he looks much younger than he really is as well.

He sounds exactly like The Rock.

Definitely President material - he's a career politician remember - his goal in life is to be Pres, whereas Powell and Jesse Jackson were not always thinking about the Presidency so it was easier for them to turn the chance down.

If Powell was ever going to run it would have been against Clinton in '96.  Now Machiavelli is exactly right when he says he has been tainted by Iraq.  Also he is tired and will retire after 2004 regardless of what happens in the election.  He missed his chance.

M Dogg why do you think Edwards wouldn't get the nomination???

If Kerry loses, it's Edwards 2008.  If he wins and gets eight years, it's Edwards 2012 (Clinton 8 years - Gore, Reagan 8 years - Bush, Eisenhower 8 years - Nixon).  The only chance Edwards is not the next nominated one is if Kerry wins, is highly unpopular, so everyone involved in the administration is tainted.  In that case it would leave it wide open for Hillary.

2016 is Barrack's one.  He'll be 54 then. That's Presidential age.  Till then it's Edwards 90% Hillary 10%.

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 03:05:11 PM »
I don't know anything about him, but his name sounds Muslim.  Barack has the Arabic root letters ba, ra, ka, which means "blessed". 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 03:22:35 PM »
I don't know anything about him, but his name sounds Muslim.  Barack has the Arabic root letters ba, ra, ka, which means "blessed". 

He mentioned that in an interview. His day is actually from Kenya, not African-American, and he choice the name.

Jay, you may be right about Edwards. I actually would have liked him if he would have won the nomination, we'll see. Maybe 2008 is his year. We'll see what happens.

Montana00

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 03:39:40 PM »
Well if hes muslim then he definetly wont get elected.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 03:42:47 PM »
Well if hes muslim then he definetly wont get elected.

100% True. If a muslim was elected president i would kill myslef.

Smoke

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 04:05:30 PM »
and is looking to be only the 3rd black senator in U.S. history since 1865.

Shit, do something? Only the 3rd one since 1865? C'mon.. We've voted to have at least 40% of females.. i think you can do the same with minorities (blacks, latinos, and even women).