Author Topic: Muslim women dress  (Read 1728 times)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Muslim women dress
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2004, 04:17:24 PM »

are you retarded? I fuckin sonned this ^post of yours already, shall I look for my reply again and post it again to embarrass you, or should I just leave it like that? one thing I hate about you is that you dont learn.

You didnt "Son" that post. All you said was Irelevent bullshit that everybody else disagreed.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2004, 05:51:39 PM »

are you retarded? I fuckin sonned this ^post of yours already, shall I look for my reply again and post it again to embarrass you, or should I just leave it like that? one thing I hate about you is that you dont learn.

You didnt "Son" that post. All you said was Irelevent bullshit that everybody else disagreed.

lies have short legs pinocchio
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2004, 06:01:09 PM »

Everyone? Machiavelli nobody agrees with you.

Doggystylin

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2004, 06:52:53 PM »

lol fa real

davida.b.

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2004, 06:55:20 PM »

lol fa real

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2004, 01:01:23 AM »
Uhh yeah thats bull about the only country that they force to wear the hajib or whatever is Saudi arabia, I got tons of family in iran and stuff and they are always talking to me like I hate this I always have to keep this on, why cant I just be free, I always hear taht tons of times not from my family alone others too ...

Im not saying muslims are bad and they force women to do this blah blah but im just saying nah man dont think that everyone thinks wearing all the stuff all the time is just fine, and they are ok with it and dont get bothered at all

Oh by the way I had so much other stuff to say earlier in response to everyone elses posts, but I read so much I forgot all the stuff I was gonna say dang lol

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2004, 03:36:14 PM »
thats the reason i supported the war

:-[

*respect for don rizzle drops quicker than Enron stock*
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2004, 02:27:15 AM »
thats the reason i supported the war

:-[

*respect for don rizzle drops quicker than Enron stock*
and what was wrong in supporting the removal of an evil dictatorship who had oppressed and killed many of his people? i was sold on that fact alone like i think we should do in the rest of the world. i just didn't support the way they went about waging war and how america in particular carried out its opporations coming out heavy handed. This is the reason i supported the war in Iraq, I would also say i have lost support due to the way things have been carried out, but still support the british troops.

and my comments about when democracy comes to iraq america are unlikly to be happy with the result considering its more than likely to elect very anti western government, also the current power struggles shows the amount of divisions in the vision of the way iraq should head after being released from saddams oppression. christians are being driven out, those who sell western products are put out of business, foreign nationsals are being driven out, those who sell alcahol are put out of business, iraqi police and security forces are targeted daily, the kurds are almost certainly not going to get any further towards a fully independent state thanks to turkey, other surrounding countries are also trying to influence the iraqi politics, the different religious groups do seem to be able to live in unity with each other after all those years of oppression they have little tollerance of other cultures. which is not the enviroment for a successful democracy, i really believe there needs to be a longer cooling down period but not at the hands of the west maybe the arab league could come up with something fair and equitable but more importantly credible to all;/

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

tommyilromano

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2004, 11:03:22 PM »
I'm supposed to prepare this little talk, so I'm practicing on here, give feedback if you want.

It really has a lot to do with your interest in the matter.  The friends I grew up with probably walked by dozens of women wearing hijabs, and never took any notice of it, never thought twice about it, cared very little.  Muslim women and their style of dress was never mentioned once in any conversation I had ever had growing up.  The times are different now.  Muslims are now being discussed every day in the media.  But back then I really don't ever remember it being something that was discussed.

My situation is a little bit different.  I was raised Christian and I never could feel comfortable with Christianity.  I was very interested in hearing opposing viewpoints.  The first time I took notice of women covering themselves was in the movie Malcolm X which was often played on HBO as I was growing up.  It made a very strong impression on me.  There is a scene in the movie where Malcolm X was approaching women in the streets and saying, "This is who you really are,"  and showing them a picture of an audotorium of women all wearing white viels.  It made a strong impression on me.  You automatically think, "These are the most pure women I've ever seen" and curious "there's really women who act like that?"

Still, my becoming a Muslim was through predominately male influences.  Then, the longer I was Muslim the more reverence I had for women for wearing the hijab, and the more I understood the important role it played in perserving Islam's value's of righteousness and piety within the Muslim community.

Islam.....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2004, 01:20:28 PM »
Since I'm on a roll with this sonning, let me continue.... let's look at some quotes from the many different versions of the Bible...

"If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her."
Exodus 21:7-8

"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."
Leviticus 21:9

"...and the birth of ANY daughter is a loss."
Ecclesiasticus 22:3

"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a MALE child: then she shall be unclean SEVEN DAYS; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying THIRTY THREE days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a FEMALE child, then she shall be unclean TWO WEEKS, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying SIXTY SIX days.
Leviticus 12:2-5

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."
Deuteronomy 22:28-30

"And in case men struggle together (in a fight) with one another, and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the striking one (to save her husband), and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of his private (the other man's groin), she must then get both her hands cut off, and the eyes of the men must feel no sorrow."
Deuteronomy 25:11-12

"Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die."
Ecclesiastes 25:22  

Now here is what made me stick with Jesus. In every other major religion I read about it was possible to find things that by today's standards came off as evil and wrong. I couldn't find that with Jesus, and believe me I tried. Now I could be wrong so if you can find me a quote from Jesus that isn't good and pure then I would like to see it. I'm not talking about St. Paul or the Apostles, or any of that crap from the Old Testament, just the Jesus stuff.

What I found with Judaism and Islam (and most organized of Christianity) was that while they may not promote evil there are instances where they condone it. Jesus never once condoned any type of evil. The Quran may be more efficient and economical, but I've yet to see the level of grace and good will that Jesus spoke of, for it becomes tainted by the patches of accepting evil. Why would God take a step back with the Quran? That is the question I asked myself time and time again when I was soul searching. Then I realized that Caesar used divinty to build an army and create revolution, and I saw it as no different than what Muhammed did.

I can quite easily twist the words of Jesus to apply to every human being on the planet, and their ultimate ascension to paradise, so long as they do not commit actions of evil, and if they do they are sorry they did it.

Of course, this doesn't mean I want everyone to be Christian, this just means that I believe that any one who strays away from definate evils (by this I mean murder, assault, rape, etc. and not sex or alcohol), and learns from the evils that one has committed, restraining from repeating them, is a christian in essence, and I believe that's good enough for the big man up stairs.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2004, 06:17:40 PM »
Interesting post. But could one not say that Jesus was not realistic and had no comprehension of human nature, whereas the Jews and Muslims did?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2004, 07:04:38 PM »
"give unto God what is God's and give unto Caesar what is Caesar". I interpret this as more than just "pay your taxes". To me he says that you ashould be a good citizeb and do what a citizen is supposed to do.

Of course Jesus did not come to revolutionize the world. Any intelligent human being could use logic to understand right and wrong, thus acheiving righteousness. Jesus said he came for the sinners, not the righteous. This shows that he realized that good was present on earth with out him, but there was much evil he wished to eliminate. Also, It was understood that many aspects of life were covered and well established so he didn't need to cover that, OR, did he know in advance that many customs and traditions would fade with the times and purposely chose not to cover them. It's all up in the air.Who knows?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2004, 08:22:55 PM »
Thanks

- Lewis Carroll

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2004, 09:10:41 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks what?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2004, 09:16:12 PM »
for adressing my question. You do what 99% of people on here refuse (for whatever reason) to do

- Lewis Carroll