Author Topic: Mase, Jim Jones, & Cam square off on hot 97  (Read 642 times)

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
Mase, Jim Jones, & Cam square off on hot 97
« on: July 29, 2004, 08:39:14 AM »
In an interview with Hot 97’s Morning Show staff, Mase, Jim Jones and Cam’ron engaged in a heated debate, with the two Dip Set members questioning Mase’s authenticity.

On air, Mase recalled the cause of his split with Cam’ron, with whom he once rapped with. The incident started when Mase claimed he offered to split a $50,000 fee for appearing in Cam’s 1998 hit song “Horse-n-Carriage,” instead of him doing the song for free.

Diplomat CEO Jimmy Jones called the show enraged.

“I will do it to you duke," Jones said. "I don't like you. You shouldn't have came out your mouth. I'll put some dentures in your mouth. Go back down south with your congregation. Tell the truth. For you to sit there and lie...you are a reverend.”

Jones also charged that Mase left the game due to pressures from individuals in Harlem who extorted him.

Mase eventually gathered himself and denied the charges that he was forced out of Harlem. Mase explained that he had already purchased land in Atlanta, Georgia and was planning to move.

Continuing, he stated, in his slow tone, that after a close friend was stabbed, he headed down south and that it had nothing to do with unsavory characters forcing him to leave.

“People grow up, I don’t have time for that,” Mase said. “[During commercial break] I was praying for Jimmy, I love them dudes. It’s just sad when people don’t understand.”

Angry like Jones, Cam’ron called in shortly afterwards, questioning Mase’s motives for returning to the rap game.

“I’m just not into the lies I'm into the truth and that’s it. The only thing you did was took me to counseling, you broke out on everybody and left. That’s what you do, you did it before and you’re gonna do it again,” Cam stated on air.

“I’m not a chump like that. [Mase], tell them how you called me and asked me to do an album last week,” Cam told Mase. “[Diplomats are] gonna make $150 million off the liquor. There aint no money in this rap game. I just do the music because I am nice. I wish you the best, but tell the truth.”

Cam'ron even called Mase a fraud and said that he had a tape of one of Mase’s sermons, where he said rap music “is the devil.”

“You’re a reverend lying. I was there," Cam said. "You said rap is the devil at your speeches in church. I got it on tape…and [now] you’re rapping [again],” he said. “The reverend is up there lying. I wish you the best of luck, stop lying.”

Mase rebutted, calling the rappers thin-skinned. Mase did admit to Cam'ron's accusations surrounding his statements about rap but said, “When I think about how the people need what I have to say [I changed my view]. It’s just like money. The same money that buys marijuana, buys bibles. Rap is not really of the devil, it’s what people say in it.

“I cannot not express the truth because they’re sensitive,” Mase said. “I don’t have any problems with them. Even in the bible when a person knows that you come to say something powerful, they try to discredit your name. One word from God can wipe out years of wrongdoing.”

Mase, who said that he was going on the road with Usher to promote his new album, closed his appearance on the Hot 97 show with a prayer: “In the name of the Heavenly Father, I thank you today for forgiving me for all my wrong doing and shortcomings. I thank you for dying on the cross for all of my sins. I am healed, I am delivered and I am rich. Amen.”

Incidentally, Mase and Jim Jones will release albums on the same day, August 24.

Source: allhiphop.com

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Mase, Jim Jones, & Cam square off on hot 97
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 09:12:36 AM »
Good for Mase

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 09:15:09 AM »
un kasa was extorting his ass. mase is nothing but a liar. he has switched up styles so much its obvious that hes a fraud. i used to stick up for him when he was apart of coc cause he was nice as fuck, and even on bad boy i still liked him. i lost all respect for him once he came back. its obvious he came back cause he was broke.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »
Is Good that he's back i dont think he's a lame for changing his way i good to change np on the.......

bez

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 12:06:48 PM »
I like Mase but I feel what Cam and dem are sayin.  I mean how can you go from Rap to Church, Church to rap.  Both are totally different in terms of jobs and livin. 

!!!GIFTSET!!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 12:12:46 PM »
Man, Mase helped give Cam some recognition and now they're talking shit on him because he changed his ways and cheated him outta case. Lame asses. Props to Mase for keeping composure and making them sound like fools.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 12:20:44 PM »
^not to mention if Mase didnt leave no one would listen to Cam. Cam'ron stole Mase's flow but made it lazy and immature.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 01:37:59 PM »
Are you guys serious?  U think mase returned cuz of money then you are way off..........the guy has major dollars, royalties coming in like crazy (he actually had a good deal with Puff),  hes not back for money.  Whatever his reasons, its not like hes acting like a pimp or gangster or whatever, he's doing will smith type shit and his album isnt half bad

As for mase switching up styles, a lot of rappers do that....its called growing up.  Ya, he was Murda Mase, then puff convinced him to do the shiny suit shit, and who wouldnt (be honest) for that type of money and fame..........now, mase is back on his own terms, being the real mase but people still want to hate

mase is still a pastor too, he hasnt quit doing that since he's been back in the rap game.  Its not like hes out fucking bitces and snorting lines or something, he's proving tat not all rappers have to fit the sterotype and some of ya'll just  cant believe it

teecee

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 01:45:15 PM »
I think Cam was just mad cuz mase was saying how he got cam his start, bought him his first car amnd hsi label deal, which cam doesn deny...........

cam and Jim jones are very ignorant and bitter, its sad some of you guys would actually side with them when it is obvious how immature they really are.........besides, Jim Jones aint gonna sell shit next to mase aug.24..........peace

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 02:17:14 PM »
wow i dont know what to say, i cant even come up wit a joke for this shit

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 02:26:34 PM »
Mase is a puss.  Listen to him not even stand up for himself.  He should've compared his career to Cam'Ron's instead of taking it like a bitch.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

teecee

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 02:50:06 PM »
Minkaveli, i know its hard for you to comprehend but mase is trying to take the high road and not sound all vengeful and full of spite.  This is the reason he didnt want to come back in the first place, cuz all these rappers act like children, none more so than the Diplomats

i mean, jim jones calling in, dissing mase, saying he got a 1/4 billion (ya right) dollars, plugs his album three times......

.he is like 35 acting like he's in junior high, its pathetic, trying to start shit with someone who has obviously changed for the better

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 03:08:25 PM »
yea, mase will def kill jones in record sales, i really have no comment about this, cause i dont care much for any of the artists

eS El Duque

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 03:22:14 PM »
Mase is a puss.  Listen to him not even stand up for himself.  He should've compared his career to Cam'Ron's instead of taking it like a bitch.

Dude, he's a pastor (i believe)...they're suppossed to keep a cool head...he's not a "gangsta"

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 03:58:26 PM »
haha @ people saying mase will sell more than jim jones. whats that have anything to do with the topic at hand? thats straight dickrider status. if mase was really cams boy, he would've done the video for free. you really think mase is gonna try and get brolic with some cats who actually still reside in harlem, when 2 of his mens were already murked? mase got his boy laddi to go down to atlanta with him to be born again too, and once he went back he was offed. goon squad had a bounty out on mase head. bentha was next, mark my words.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 04:57:20 PM by smartass »
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris