Author Topic: Kinda funny shit about Lakers....  (Read 1649 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Kinda funny shit about Lakers....
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2004, 12:14:12 AM »
DayGo, this is weird. Compare Duncan to KG, Malone, Dennis Rodman, Bob McAdoo other power fowards, and Shaq to Robinson, Ewing, Robert Parish and Bill Russell. I can say this about Shaq vs. Duncan one on one, simply put, Shaq will push Duncan around. It's like playing against your little cousin, they'll try to shot the outside shot, they'll try to go around you, but you'll win 'cause you can back them up and get a lay up, or in Shaq's case a dunk. The final score will be like 10-7, so it's close enough that you're cousin keeps playing 'cause he might actually win someday, but that day don't come until he grew taller than you and his the one getting inside and you're trying to shot the outside shot. Skillz aside, no one will denie Duncan his skillz are very polished, Shaq will just win one on one.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2004, 12:18:13 AM »
you have to take size into account... that's like saying... ok... Charles Barkley would have been more dominate than Shaq if he was bigger. So what. The fact is players play a certain way according to their size. You didn't see John Stockton playing big, and you didn't see Kareem playing small. They all grew a certain size, and match their game to how they see fit to go with their size. Shaq plays like he does because he is 340 pounds. If Shaq was 6'5" and 240, I am sure he'd play a lot different.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2004, 12:20:32 AM »
DayGo, this is weird. Compare Duncan to KG, Malone, Dennis Rodman, Bob McAdoo other power fowards, and Shaq to Robinson, Ewing, Robert Parish and Bill Russell. I can say this about Shaq vs. Duncan one on one, simply put, Shaq will push Duncan around. It's like playing against your little cousin, they'll try to shot the outside shot, they'll try to go around you, but you'll win 'cause you can back them up and get a lay up, or in Shaq's case a dunk. The final score will be like 10-7, so it's close enough that you're cousin keeps playing 'cause he might actually win someday, but that day don't come until he grew taller than you and his the one getting inside and you're trying to shot the outside shot. Skillz aside, no one will denie Duncan his skillz are very polished, Shaq will just win one on one.

have you watched them play head up during games? Its not in Shaqs favor homie. I mean, they rarely get to actually guard eachother. But like i said, the last time i saw them guard eachother consistently during games was in the 2003 playoffs. Duncan killed Shaq. LA had really no answer for him. And Duncan actually plays pretty good defense against him. SA just doesnt stick him on Shaq, for the same reason LA didnt like to put Shaq on Duncan....foul trouble. And if YOUR reasoning for Shaq being able to beat Duncan is what u say it is. Then good, we agree...Shaq is mediocre without his size.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2004, 12:21:50 AM »
you have to take size into account... that's like saying... ok... Charles Barkley would have been more dominate than Shaq if he was bigger. So what. The fact is players play a certain way according to their size. You didn't see John Stockton playing big, and you didn't see Kareem playing small. They all grew a certain size, and match their game to how they see fit to go with their size. Shaq plays like he does because he is 340 pounds. If Shaq was 6'5" and 240, I am sure he'd play a lot different.

i agree. All im saying is, skill for skill...u cant compare Shaq to Duncan, or Garnett, or a lot of big men. And u cant compare Duncans size to Shaqs.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2004, 12:28:31 AM »

have you watched them play head up during games? Its not in Shaqs favor homie. I mean, they rarely get to actually guard eachother. But like i said, the last time i saw them guard eachother consistently during games was in the 2003 playoffs. Duncan killed Shaq. LA had really no answer for him. And Duncan actually plays pretty good defense against him. SA just doesnt stick him on Shaq, for the same reason LA didnt like to put Shaq on Duncan....foul trouble. And if YOUR reasoning for Shaq being able to beat Duncan is what u say it is. Then good, we agree...Shaq is mediocre without his size.

lol... I C

honestly, in a one on one game... Shaq would win, point blank. Inside game beats outside game all the time. Duncan's moves are great, he has skillz, but it doesn't matter. Shaq is Shaq, you are missing the point. You are changing real life so that you can win an argument. The fact is, Shaq is one, bigger, and two, fast as any other big man out there. Shaq is a physical freak that has never been seen before in basketball. Duncan can win a few battles, that's true. Duncan is one of the most skilled players to pick up a ball, he is highly school in basketball has NBA rings to show for it. The game would be basically seeing is the highly skilled knight can slay the fire breathing dragon. You can't match skillz, because Shaq's game comes from his size. It's like your asking a 7'1" 340 pound monster to be Iverson. You bases for your agrument is weak.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2004, 12:57:22 AM »

lol... I C

honestly, in a one on one game... Shaq would win, point blank. Inside game beats outside game all the time. Duncan's moves are great, he has skillz, but it doesn't matter. Shaq is Shaq, you are missing the point. You are changing real life so that you can win an argument. The fact is, Shaq is one, bigger, and two, fast as any other big man out there. Shaq is a physical freak that has never been seen before in basketball. Duncan can win a few battles, that's true. Duncan is one of the most skilled players to pick up a ball, he is highly school in basketball has NBA rings to show for it. The game would be basically seeing is the highly skilled knight can slay the fire breathing dragon. You can't match skillz, because Shaq's game comes from his size. It's like your asking a 7'1" 340 pound monster to be Iverson. You bases for your agrument is weak.

First off, no i dont necessarily think Shaq would take a one on one game, just based on their head up matches during games. Obviously he could win it. To me it could go either way. Duncan has so many moves that when he's on, he's damn near unstoppable. And Shaq is so big, that if he's making his one low post move that he has...he's damn near unstoppable lol. All i was saying was that skill for skill, there is NO comparison.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2004, 01:03:24 AM »
LMAO...I think ToNe is retarded...Lets say Shaq and Duncan were both in their prime; who do you honestly think more managers would chose to build their team around? I can guaranfuckintee you that 30 organizations would rather have Shaq on their team than Duncan (if they were both in their prime)...Talk about being basketball retarded.

Proc pka KP

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2021, 06:20:56 PM »
Odom is the perfect Pippen to Kobe's Jordan...Odom is 6'10 though, so he can scoop up more rebounds and block more shots than Pippen could...Payton is better than any point guard the Bulls ever had...Malone is better than Rodman any day of the week...Divac will take on all of the Bulls centers combined...It basically comes down to "can Kobe be on Jordan's level?"...I think he easily could, and this is his year to prove it...PeACe

Lol @ Odom being Pippen Skkit.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2021, 09:54:46 AM »
Lol @ Odom being Pippen Skkit.

he was essentially a pippen when he came in the league n switched his game up wit phil

Proc pka KP

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2021, 12:22:10 PM »

he was essentially a pippen when he came in the league n switched his game up wit phil

If you mean a spot in the triangle, sure. Ability hell nah.

Rodman destroyed Malone mentally.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2021, 12:33:51 PM »
If you mean a spot in the triangle, sure. Ability hell nah.

Rodman destroyed Malone mentally.

i mean as a point forward

wasn’t as common back n the day

Proc pka KP

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2021, 04:11:46 PM »
Yeah, but the triangle thrives on a GOOD PASSING big man. Not necessarily a big man who scores. And no coach would put Shaq over Jordan in ANY offense lol

Never said Shaq would be the main scorer. But in Chicago, Jordan actually played the center position. In L.A. Shaq took the place, not of Luc Longley, but of Michael Jordan. So as the center of the offense, Phil and Tex would use Shaq. Now as the main scorer, of course MJ. But Shaq would still be the main focus, as a passing big man who happens to be the most dominate player in NBA history. Shaq and Jordan on the same squad in the trangle, that would be interesting to say the least.

Yes this is actually true. At least until 2004 or so.

Proc pka KP

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2021, 04:12:44 PM »
i mean as a point forward

wasn’t as common back n the day

I now understand your point. I'd say I preferred Fox and Horry at the 3 and 4.