Author Topic: Kinda funny shit about Lakers....  (Read 1684 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Kinda funny shit about Lakers....
« on: July 30, 2004, 10:15:56 PM »
Doesnt the team they are trying to build, seem to fit the triangle offense that Phil Jackson was trying to implement more then the team last year did?

i mean, look at the Bulls championships. The offense would be geared around your 2 guard, like the Bulls. the Bulls would have an advantage in that position. You have Malone as a cleanup man, somewhat similar to Rodmans role on the Bulls.  You have Lamar Odom to play the Pippen role (bulls with an advantage there also). Lakers with advantage at the point with Payton, and at Center with Divac, since you need a good passing big man for the triangle anyways.

Dont get it twisted, in NO way does this team compete with those Bulls teams. I just thought it funny that when they get rid of Phil, they build a team that might fit his style better. Rudy T's success came with Hakeem at the center, and they trade away Shaq before he comes. lol Strange...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Kinda funny shit about Lakers....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 12:22:35 AM »
Odom is the perfect Pippen to Kobe's Jordan...Odom is 6'10 though, so he can scoop up more rebounds and block more shots than Pippen could...Payton is better than any point guard the Bulls ever had...Malone is better than Rodman any day of the week...Divac will take on all of the Bulls centers combined...It basically comes down to "can Kobe be on Jordan's level?"...I think he easily could, and this is his year to prove it...PeACe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 02:27:20 AM »
Odom is the perfect Pippen to Kobe's Jordan...Odom is 6'10 though, so he can scoop up more rebounds and block more shots than Pippen could...Payton is better than any point guard the Bulls ever had...Malone is better than Rodman any day of the week...Divac will take on all of the Bulls centers combined...It basically comes down to "can Kobe be on Jordan's level?"...I think he easily could, and this is his year to prove it...PeACe

Pippen was a far more versatile player then Odom though (i doubt youll see Odom running the point anytime soon lol), and defensively there is NO comparison. For a career, Malone is way better then Rodman...but Malone (in his Laker years), doesnt help his team as much as Rodman (in his bull years). Malone has lost a LOT. Divac and Payton are better at their respective positions then the Bulls players.

One more thing, Signing Divac means Grant is 6th man now? Ill be willing to bet, if Malone sticks around...Grant takes the starting spot by the end of the year.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 02:43:53 AM »
it's amazing how good malone still is despite his age. but there's no way he's anywhere close to where he has been.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 10:18:15 AM »
it's amazing how good malone still is despite his age. but there's no way he's anywhere close to where he has been.

Malone deserves a ring.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 10:43:23 AM »
^ ya it's cruel to see PF's like Horry with 6 rings and counting and this outstanding PF Malone with no ring whatsoever after 19 years and counting
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »
What's sad is that darko "im only used when were creaming the other team" milic gets a ring as a rookie (who averages .4 minutes a game) over a legend like malone.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 01:13:22 PM »

Pippen was a far more versatile player then Odom though (i doubt youll see Odom running the point anytime soon lol), and defensively there is NO comparison. For a career, Malone is way better then Rodman...but Malone (in his Laker years), doesnt help his team as much as Rodman (in his bull years). Malone has lost a LOT. Divac and Payton are better at their respective positions then the Bulls players.

One more thing, Signing Divac means Grant is 6th man now? Ill be willing to bet, if Malone sticks around...Grant takes the starting spot by the end of the year.

Odom can't run the point? LMAO...Now I doubt that you've seen him play.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2004, 01:18:08 PM »
Odom used to hang out with one of my boys that went to URI. I've seen him at parties there back in the day.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2004, 01:37:33 PM »
i can't believe you guys don't see that payton has lost his step terribly...i remember in the paytin/kemp supersonic days he would take over the game defensivly and offensivly when he felt like it, he isn't capable of that anymore...are you kidding me with malone, he deserves a ring more than anyone but retire, dudes like one twisted knee away from needing a wooden leg...and there is no way that the lakers could ever fuck with the jordan/pippen/bulls dynasty...if you ask phil jackson 10 years down the road what championship was his most memorable i'm sure jordan will be mentioned more than anybody, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

eS El Duque

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2004, 03:29:03 PM »
i can't believe you guys don't see that payton has lost his step terribly...i remember in the paytin/kemp supersonic days he would take over the game defensivly and offensivly when he felt like it, he isn't capable of that anymore...are you kidding me with malone, he deserves a ring more than anyone but retire, dudes like one twisted knee away from needing a wooden leg...and there is no way that the lakers could ever fuck with the jordan/pippen/bulls dynasty...if you ask phil jackson 10 years down the road what championship was his most memorable i'm sure jordan will be mentioned more than anybody, peace.

so true 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2004, 03:39:25 PM »
The trangle is made for a big man in the middle. Jordan took the place of a center as the main peace. Tex Winters readjusted the system to fit it around Jordan, and then made a REAL trangle with Shaq. Jackson and Winters would put the trangle around Shaq over Jordan anyday of the week, since the Trangle fits a center. But since Winters made the system, he can readjust it anyway he wants.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2004, 02:02:04 AM »
The trangle is made for a big man in the middle. Jordan took the place of a center as the main peace. Tex Winters readjusted the system to fit it around Jordan, and then made a REAL trangle with Shaq. Jackson and Winters would put the trangle around Shaq over Jordan anyday of the week, since the Trangle fits a center. But since Winters made the system, he can readjust it anyway he wants.

Yeah, but the triangle thrives on a GOOD PASSING big man. Not necessarily a big man who scores. And no coach would put Shaq over Jordan in ANY offense lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2004, 02:02:59 AM »

Odom can't run the point? LMAO...Now I doubt that you've seen him play.

i have seen him play plenty of times. Lets count how many times he runs the point next year ok?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 08:00:10 AM »

Yeah, but the triangle thrives on a GOOD PASSING big man. Not necessarily a big man who scores. And no coach would put Shaq over Jordan in ANY offense lol

Never said Shaq would be the main scorer. But in Chicago, Jordan actually played the center position. In L.A. Shaq took the place, not of Luc Longley, but of Michael Jordan. So as the center of the offense, Phil and Tex would use Shaq. Now as the main scorer, of course MJ. But Shaq would still be the main focus, as a passing big man who happens to be the most dominate player in NBA history. Shaq and Jordan on the same squad in the trangle, that would be interesting to say the least.