Author Topic: how to get audio samples from video files (avi, mpeg,..) ?  (Read 320 times)

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
how to get audio samples from video files (avi, mpeg,..) ?
« on: July 31, 2004, 11:39:02 AM »
can anyone tell me how to sample a melodie or whatever from a video file (in this case a movie) ?

any help would be greatly appreciated, I urgently need to know this to make so beats

KonSICKwence / Ine

• 'G'
Re: how to get audio samples from video files (avi, mpeg,..) ?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 01:45:39 PM »
yeah find what you want to sample on your vcr then unplug it form your t.v. with it stopped at the perfect point or a little before so you have osmetime when it turns on and plug it into what ever your sampling with. if it is your computer that you will be recording into and you don't have a good soundcard (one with rca inputs or qaurter inch inputs) go down to radioshack and get a RCA to 1/8th " adapter and plug that into your mic input orline input (if your using something like the soundblaster or something) then hit record on whateve ryour recording and play on the vcr and play for the length of the sample then stop both and see wha tyoug ot. clena it up cut it up and ther eyou go

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 03:54:21 PM »
yeah find what you want to sample on your vcr then unplug it form your t.v. with it stopped at the perfect point or a little before so you have osmetime when it turns on and plug it into what ever your sampling with. if it is your computer that you will be recording into and you don't have a good soundcard (one with rca inputs or qaurter inch inputs) go down to radioshack and get a RCA to 1/8th " adapter and plug that into your mic input orline input (if your using something like the soundblaster or something) then hit record on whateve ryour recording and play on the vcr and play for the length of the sample then stop both and see wha tyoug ot. clena it up cut it up and ther eyou go

thx, one thing though, I'm recording and playing the file with my computer.. it's not a vhs but a avi-video-file on the computer.. I tried it by pluggin a cable into the input and output of the computer and playing the file.. it did record but the sound was all fucked with hella weird noises all over the recording.. do you think i could handle it with adapter you mentioned (and what kinda cable would I need in that case?) or is it not possible to play and record something with the same computer ? (in that case, do you think it would work with 2 computers, one for playing the file and one to record?)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 04:06:51 AM »
u can use a wav recorded program don't have to be too fancy but the key thing is setting your soundcard's recording source to be what u hear playing playing out speakers. if u got  a sound blaster sound card and the software mixer that came with it it pretty easy u just set it to record "what u hear" and hit record on your wav recording progeam and that's it. with other sound cards it a lil harder to get to that setting. u have to go to the volume control by double clicking on the lil speaker icon in your task bar at the bottom of the screen to the left by your time display... then the volume control will open then u click the options menu and select properties form the list... a window will pop up on there u click on "recording" then in the list below that check on as much stuff as u can just to be sure but u should definately have stereo mix checked on or some thing simular to that in the list then click ok... now u should see a new window titled recording control, with level adjusters in it select the stereo mix or wav if u see it it should be either or or something simular, make sure the level is up enough for it to record loud  enough to not have your recording all distorted sounding might want to do a few test records with it first to get the level right.  then go back to your wav recording program and and hit record and it will record what ever is playing out the speakers at that point.

i know this might be hard to understand  so if u wanna get at me for more help e-mail me at timelock@hotmail.com that's also my my msn addy

peace

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 04:49:21 AM »
u can use a wav recorded program don't have to be too fancy but the key thing is setting your soundcard's recording source to be what u hear playing playing out speakers. if u got  a sound blaster sound card and the software mixer that came with it it pretty easy u just set it to record "what u hear" and hit record on your wav recording progeam and that's it. with other sound cards it a lil harder to get to that setting. u have to go to the volume control by double clicking on the lil speaker icon in your task bar at the bottom of the screen to the left by your time display... then the volume control will open then u click the options menu and select properties form the list... a window will pop up on there u click on "recording" then in the list below that check on as much stuff as u can just to be sure but u should definately have stereo mix checked on or some thing simular to that in the list then click ok... now u should see a new window titled recording control, with level adjusters in it select the stereo mix or wav if u see it it should be either or or something simular, make sure the level is up enough for it to record loud  enough to not have your recording all distorted sounding might want to do a few test records with it first to get the level right.  then go back to your wav recording program and and hit record and it will record what ever is playing out the speakers at that point.

i know this might be hard to understand  so if u wanna get at me for more help e-mail me at timelock@hotmail.com that's also my my msn addy

peace

dizzamn, shits finally working !! thanks alot homie u dun even know how much u helped me with that one  8)

once my beats got me famous ima name u as one of my producin mentors  :D

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 05:07:34 AM »
glad i could help man it's no prob

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 10:04:21 AM »
if u have vcd's or svcd's
Split the audio from the video wit dvd2avi
as simple as that
then just use a program to cut the sample

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life