Author Topic: Why would anyone really think God exists? ... or even believe in Religion?  (Read 2091 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
yea, so it's all a Coincidence right?!....just like I said   ;)....

I rest my case and you can have your faith.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

mauzip

yea, so it's all a Coincidence right?!

Yup.

Thirteen

You need to have more faith in the case of creation because it's main point is, as said, unprovable...God himself. While evolution is mostly based on observable,provable facts.

Also, the massive occurence of convergism in nature is big proof of evolution.
Take birds,bats and insects. Each one of them can usually fly ( at least,that's the ancestral case). Though they can all fly, their wings are extremely different.
In insects, the wings consist of altered 'scales' from the back.
In birds, forelimbs with fused fingers and feathers attached to them build up the wing.
In bats, the hands have extremely elongated fingers with leathery skin stretched inbetween those fingers,the arms,the sides of the body, the legs and the tail.

Now all three of them can fly efficiently yet they have completely different designs. If all flying creatures would have been created by God...why not give them all the same equipment? That's illogical, but them evolving from different origins and thus being different ( a la cars and trains) is a good reason for them differing so much in structure while they do the same thing.

Look at this pic and check the difference between the bird and the bat, and the similairity of the bat to the human, indicating they're much more closely related to each other and have descended and thus,evolved from a common ancestor.

that's not good reasoning....there's thousands of diffrent cars, different bikes, different plates...i can go on and on....and these were created by man, and man was created in God's image

Sikotic™

You need to have more faith in the case of creation because it's main point is, as said, unprovable...God himself. While evolution is mostly based on observable,provable facts.

Also, the massive occurence of convergism in nature is big proof of evolution.
Take birds,bats and insects. Each one of them can usually fly ( at least,that's the ancestral case). Though they can all fly, their wings are extremely different.
In insects, the wings consist of altered 'scales' from the back.
In birds, forelimbs with fused fingers and feathers attached to them build up the wing.
In bats, the hands have extremely elongated fingers with leathery skin stretched inbetween those fingers,the arms,the sides of the body, the legs and the tail.

Now all three of them can fly efficiently yet they have completely different designs. If all flying creatures would have been created by God...why not give them all the same equipment? That's illogical, but them evolving from different origins and thus being different ( a la cars and trains) is a good reason for them differing so much in structure while they do the same thing.

Look at this pic and check the difference between the bird and the bat, and the similairity of the bat to the human, indicating they're much more closely related to each other and have descended and thus,evolved from a common ancestor.

that's not good reasoning....there's thousands of diffrent cars, different bikes, different plates...i can go on and on....and these were created by man, and man was created in God's image

Exactamundo
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Thirteen

you people that don't believe in god.... you really believe that the hundreds of thousands of different species of insect, fish, bacteria, birds, reptiles, fish....all came from the same one celled organism?

i find that hard to believe, because as a human...and lets say that there were only humans on the earth...i know my kids, my kid's kids, my kid's kid's kids.....and their kids for hundreds of generations will be human.... they're not going to sprout wings, gills, claws, scales or any other thing that will classify them as a new species ever.

Suga Foot

no, but your children may never get wisdom teeth

Sikotic™

no, but your children may never get wisdom teeth

That has to do with heredity, not evolution. It's similar to whether you get a widow's peak, or whether or not your ear lobe is elongated.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
How come the monkeys and Apes of this era have not evelved into humans?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
there have been several organisms. nothing wrong with that. if god created us humans why would he wait so long to do that. and why would he create us in a way that makes us destroying ourselves in a heartbeat. if you see the earth from the beginning of existence till now as 24 hours, we just live for a couple of secondes. and we also die in a couple of seconds. how can that be his big creation.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 05:11:04 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

that's plain stupid. humans arent even long enought here to watch another mammal going through such a big evolution, not to go further into the schemes of evolution.
No, it's not a sin

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
there is no god

i know theres no god but there is a GOD  :D U always spell his name with capital LETTERS his bigger  just give him a chance give your self a chance when you need him i  will help u but always remenber always thank him ... God gave me a chance and iam gonna take it show me Bacon iam gonna take it .... Life is a test dogg but if God Test u it means the your ready for the test i will past if you pray dogg. Oh just do good they always rewards

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
there is no god

i know theres no god but there is a GOD  :D U always spell his name with capital LETTERS his bigger  just give him a chance give your self a chance when you need him i  will help u but always remenber always thank him ... God gave me a chance and iam gonna take it show me Bacon iam gonna take it .... Life is a test dogg but if God Test u it means the your ready for the test i will past if you pray dogg. Oh just do good they always rewards

talking about god as the instrument of repression created by the higher society to prevent revolution.
No, it's not a sin

Sikotic™

that's plain stupid. humans arent even long enought here to watch another mammal going through such a big evolution, not to go further into the schemes of evolution.

If we were not here long enough to witness a big evolution, then how do you know for sure? See, you BELIEVE it has happened in the past. I could make a thread similar to this one and bash evolutionists for believing in a big bang because they just want to make up a shitty and simple explanation for the origin of a world so beautifully designed and complex.

It can go both ways, therefore, there's no point in arguing. The presence of God in today's world, however, is something that can still be debated.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The presence of God in today's world, however, is something that can still be debated.

I dont see anything here to which I would refer the presence of god. the world is a mess. War between the religions, with each of them using god's name in vain. not to talk about the everyday things that are fucked up. In 50 years the world wont be very beautiful anyways, when all the rainforest are destroyed etc.
No, it's not a sin

Sikotic™

Believe me I fear the same. Out here in the San Fernando Valley/Southern California area, the sky isn't even blue anymore because of pollution. Only when it rains do we get to see the beautiful blue sky in it's glory.

Though I believe God created the world, more than ever I've been doubting whether he really is omnipresent like it says in the Bible.

THA SAUCE HOUSE