Author Topic: new Bill O'Reilly interview  (Read 129 times)

davida.b.

new Bill O'Reilly interview
« on: August 03, 2004, 06:31:16 PM »
source: mtv.com

Hip-hop fans have heard Bill O'Reilly get shouted out on albums by the likes of Ludacris and Jay-Z, but he's not likely to have his own mixtape out anytime soon. The host of the political talk show "The O'Reilly Factor" makes no bones about his displeasure with the lyrics and lifestyles of some of today's top MCs. He even helped scuttle a Pepsi endorsement for Luda due to his objections over the rapper's lyrics. But when O'Reilly spotted Sean "P. Diddy" Combs at the Democratic National Convention last week, he introduced himself to the microphone-wielding Citizen Combs and the two found some common ground on voting.

Bill O'Reilly: Who is this interview for?

P. Diddy: MTV.

O'Reilly: MTV, the Ludacris channel?

Diddy: I'm definitely down with Ludacris. But we gonna keep you and Ludacris' beef out of this.

O'Reilly: You gonna keep us apart?

Diddy: You have a very controversial show. You speak your mind. I want you to speak your mind right now and talk to young people out there and tell them why it's important to vote. Like the disenfranchised young people all over America that don't feel like their vote really makes a difference.

O'Reilly: Well, the most important thing that I can tell all people who don't want to vote is that the vote equalizes everybody. The poorest person in the [country], for one day, is the same as the richest person in the country. Because you all have one vote. And also, if you vote, you become involved, and it becomes fun. This presidential race is going to be [very close]. It's gonna be like a basketball game that's tied in overtime. Who's gonna make the last shot? Your vote could be the one. So vote. 

Diddy: Hip-hop and politics — we feel like hip-hop could have the final say in the outcome of the election. How do you feel about that? We know how you feel about the hip-hop culture and generation. What do you feel about us having the final say in the outcome of this election?

O'Reilly: I think every American should have a say in the election. And I think you have me wrong here, I don't mind hip-hop. What I don't want is the glorification of bad behavior. I want all Americans to have an equal opportunity to succeed, and the only way you succeed is if you're honest, if you're law-abiding and respectful. And so I don't want kids to be misled by people who are saying, 'Don't be that.' But I like hip-hop. I'm hopping all the time, man.

Diddy: Do you feel that hip-hop could have a positive effect and outcome?

O'Reilly: Absolutely, if the recording and the lyrics demonstrate to people, particularly young people, that they have a chance, that they can succeed in a positive way, then hip-hop is a very worthy art form. And you were great on Broadway, by the way.

Diddy: Thank you very much, and God bless you. Thank you for talking to us.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: new Bill O'Reilly interview
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 06:55:06 PM »
yeah, hes gunna do an interivie with Mr. Orielly on the Factor show soon.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 11:50:35 PM »

' But I like hip-hop. I'm hopping all the time, man.

LMAO!

i can't believe he said that

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 12:29:06 AM »

' But I like hip-hop. I'm hopping all the time, man.

LMAO!

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 06:44:50 AM »

"But I like hip-hop. I'm hopping all the time, man."

LMAO!

Yeah, it was funny because doing the interview, he was jumping up and down when he said that.

He was being sarcastic