Author Topic: The 14 Commandments of the Religious Left  (Read 138 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
The 14 Commandments of the Religious Left
« on: August 04, 2004, 10:18:05 PM »
Got this from another board, thought it was a fairly good laugh/

The 14 Commandments of the Religious Left

1. Thou shalt have no other God except thyself; after all, it's thy self-esteem that counts. If thou doth not love thyself, who will?

2. Thou shalt not make any graven image out of any substances which cannot be recycled.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of liberals in criticism, including feminists, racial minorities, or any person who thinks he is a victim of America.

4. Remember the anniversaries of Roe vs Wade and Anita Hill's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, and keep them holy.

5. Honor thy mother. If she is dysfunctional, it is thy father's fault.

6. Thou shalt not kill. With these exceptions: life forms under the second trimester, and those opting for medically assisted suicides.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Unless thou aspirest to high political office, useth a condom, or cannot help it.

8. Thou shalt not steal. Unless thou art disadvantaged or upset with a jury verdict.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness. Unless thou art discussing the history of the 1980's, art campaigning, or can afford good legal counsel in the event that thou art discovered.

10. Thou shalt not covet. Unless thou art the victim of gender-related oppression or institutional racism, or art still angry with Reagan's tax cuts.

11. Always hide the real truth about thyself.

12. Never admit who or what thou really art when campaigning for office.

13. Always blame someone else for what thou dost - even so far as to blame the entire society.

14. Thou shalt oppose all punishment - except when conservative Republicans or religious right people criticize thee.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The 14 Commandments of the Religious Left
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:27:32 PM »

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 10:28:50 PM »
13. Always blame someone else for what thou dost - even so far as to blame the entire society.

That's the one that always got me.  It's amazing, the lack of responsibility people have for themselves anymore.  They don't want to blame their problems on themselves, instead, they want to blame their problems on everyone else, and blame everyone else's probablems on themselves.  For instance, it's not your fault you're poor, it's society's fault.  However, we should somehow feel responsible that blacks were enslaved centuries ago.  Or we're responsible for poverty in countries I can't spell.  My alcohol problem though is simply a result of the advertising I saw as a child.  

Blah.  Any problems I have are my own fault, but I'm not taking the blame for your fuck ups.  That's how I see things.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 10:30:20 PM »

You need to chill a bit with the pictures.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

davida.b.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 10:34:44 PM »

11. Always hide the real truth about thyself.

I think I know someone like this

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 05:28:23 AM »
Got this from another board, thought it was a fairly good laugh/

5. Honor thy mother. If she is dysfunctional, it is thy father's fault.

LOL!  Some of those were funny.

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 05:38:30 AM »

That's the one that always got me.  It's amazing, the lack of responsibility people have for themselves anymore.  They don't want to blame their problems on themselves, instead, they want to blame their problems on everyone else, and blame everyone else's probablems on themselves.  For instance, it's not your fault you're poor, it's society's fault.  However, we should somehow feel responsible that blacks were enslaved centuries ago.  Or we're responsible for poverty in countries I can't spell.  My alcohol problem though is simply a result of the advertising I saw as a child.  

Blah.  Any problems I have are my own fault, but I'm not taking the blame for your fuck ups.  That's how I see things.  

Actually, that blame thing works both ways.  I can prove it to you.

It was Reagan that popularised the phrase "wellfare queen", and made people believe that it was because of wellfare recipients that they were paying so much in taxes.  This made the middle class blame the lower class for it's economic troubles when really it was a subterfuge, because the large chunk of our taxes actually goes to military spending (with only a very small portion going towards wellfare).

Republican's also try to blame so-called "terrorist's" for the spike in oil prices, or the rise in national security spending; when really it is because of their exploitative foriegn policy that the world oil industry is under attack.

Then in a similar case, Republican's also try to blame the Iraqi's for the current turmoil the country is in.  They blame the insurgents, or the people for lacking the will to work at democracy.... Rather than blaming themselves for the "shock and awe" campaign, the destruction of the country's infrustructure (electricity still hasn't been restored to pre-war level's) and the slaughtering, killing, and abusing of 10's of thousands of Iraqi's!

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 06:33:31 AM »
You need to take off your political blinders every once in a while, Inf, so you can look from side to side and see exactly who it is that's standing next to you.