Author Topic: Anyone Listen 2 Motown????????  (Read 135 times)

P2G

Anyone Listen 2 Motown????????
« on: August 15, 2004, 04:17:21 PM »
Damn, i feel like i been missin out so much on this shit.. i like a bit horace brown, and i got a rick james cd, but shit.. my motown collection sucks man, i wanna go to HMV tommorow and buy Rick James - Bustin Out, Mary J Blige - My Life (love that mary jane track on her cd).. and some others

If you listen to motown, and you know of any must have cds with tracks on them like "Rick James - Mary Jane" standard that are just fuckin immense.. holla at me and tell me what cds to get. 

Motown is the shit!

Sikotic™

Re: Anyone Listen 2 Motown????????
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 05:16:28 PM »
I was tryin to cop Bustin' Out but I can't find it anywhere in stores.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 08:30:24 PM »
^^ Same with me for years, Rick James albums are hard to find but I'll bet they'll re-release all his albums soon to capatalize on his tragic passing.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 09:53:43 PM »
DeBarge

The Jacksons (I.E. Victory and the stuff they did after Michael blew up)

Jose Feliciano

I'm just mentioning them since you seem to be more interested in the 80's stuff.  Almost without FAULT, if it says "Motown", it's damn good.  You didn't mention any of the 60's stuff, but of course I'm sure you know the stuff the Temptations, the Supremes, the Miracles, the Jackson 5, Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell, Martha & The Vandellas, the 4 tops, and Stevie Wonder did were all some of the greatest music ever recorded. 

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 11:07:07 AM »
yeah, I listen to some Motown, my collection still sucks too tho. but trauma mentioned some all-time greats u should check out

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 04:28:13 PM »
Buy every Stevie Wonder album he released in the 70s. Stevie is one of the only Motown artists to expirement artistically. Marvin Gaye did on a couple of his 70s album's and Smokey was a hell of a lyricist.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 04:40:01 PM »
i wana start, this stuff is smooth as shit,

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 09:56:21 PM »
Buy every Stevie Wonder album he released in the 70s. Stevie is one of the only Motown artists to expirement artistically. Marvin Gaye did on a couple of his 70s album's and Smokey was a hell of a lyricist.

Blaspheme.  Motown was always artistically different, from the founding of the company.  The Temps, the Supremes, etc. WERE an artistic experiment!