Author Topic: Your top 6 Guitarists of all time  (Read 470 times)

Montana00

Re: Your top 6 Guitarists of all time
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 07:46:57 AM »
TOM MORELLO !!!!!!!!!!!!! did I hear someone say innovative????
lmao, tom morello.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 09:50:29 AM »
TOM MORELLO !!!!!!!!!!!!! did I hear someone say innovative????

dude tom morello sucks...i'll say it again he sucks all of his riffs are....THE SAME, he just uses a different pedal  for different sound effects.......i like to listen to his shit but on the real he straight up jocks Joe Satriani like no other, that bulls on parade solo (with the scratching) was jacked from a Joe Satriani song.

I agree

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 09:52:20 AM »
OH, and lemme give you my story about Weezer.

I went to a weezer concert, and Rivers Cuomo (lead singer, lead guitarist, writer, etc. genius) stepped back between a song and started playing that easy-ass riff to bulls on parade, and everybody went nuts, then he sang another song, and the audience was like "Bulls on Parade! Bulls on Parade!" (we were in a really small venue,about 400 people), and Rivers finally was like "FUCK THAT, I'm not Playing "Pocket Full of Shells" or whatever the fuck it's called"

LOL

Diabolical

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2004, 12:49:08 PM »
1 Jimi Hendrix
2 Kirk Hammett
3 Slash
4 Joe Satriani
5 Kerry King (Slayer)
6 Steve Vai
7 Me :)

I never knew anyone on here knew of Vai Or Satriani.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2004, 01:59:02 PM »
Well i'm glad rivers cuomo thinks bulls on parade sucks.  because god knows the video weezer did with the muppet babies was PURE GENIUS!!!(and yes, i do own a weezer album).  But just because the guy is a nerd and writes his own music doesn't mean he is a genius.  Talented yes, genius NO.  And I do realize that morello's claim to fame is all the tinkering he does with guitar sounds.  I still say he is innovative in that he definetly one of my favorites. And if you're only exposure to him is through the singles from rage or audioslave then you are truly missing out.  When rage started working with Rick Rubin, their singles started sounding somewhat contrived. But he does have the ability to really put a stamp on a song.  Again, i'm not saying he does the most sophisticated riffs.  Shit, i can name numerous metal guitarists that play some stuff that would seem impossible.

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2004, 02:17:28 PM »
Steve wonder

Diabolical

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2004, 03:10:44 PM »
He plays the piano...

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2004, 05:11:25 PM »
man who can forget about

Jimmy Page

hes a legend, and so is his band Led Zepplin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2004, 12:10:17 AM »
man who can forget about

Jimmy Page

hes a legend, and so is his band Led Zepplin

i love led zeppplin to death but jimmy page gets TOO MUCH CREDIT

first , yeah he did produce the majority of Led Zep's albums...BUT he didn't write them all. John Pual Jones and john Bonham were the fucking geniuses who laid down the rhythms section for the song before JImmy page and Robert Plant even touched the songs.

Second, Jimmy pages guitar work, it was great but not GREAT.

i don't mind it when people put him on all time greatests lists, because dude has amazing pieces of work, but on the real, he'd get served by ALOT of guitarists

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2004, 12:23:50 PM »
EDDIE HAZEL (Funkadelic,Parliament) smashed it on - Maggot Brain.

I was about to mention him too, but then I left him out because I probably would've just put him on the list cause I love Parliament

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2004, 02:26:10 PM »
1 Jimi Hendrix
2 Kirk Hammett
3 Slash
4 Joe Satriani
5 Kerry King (Slayer)
6 Steve Vai
7 Me :)

I never knew anyone on here knew of Vai Or Satriani.

Great list! I'd add Dave Murray and the great Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden instead of u tho... haha.

It's funny how some ppl here put James Hetfield in their list cause all they know is Metallica. I love Metallica but their are way better guitar players than James, especially live.
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2004, 01:39:38 AM »
i put james on my person favorite list, not on my all time list

also james is an EXCELLENT live performer (really all of metallica are) Him and brian may are 3 of the all time best rhythem guitarists live as far as i'm concerned, key word rhythm gutarist

and another thing, james is the one who writes 80% of the guitar riffs in metallica, Kirk's role is to play the solos and double the rhythms.

Adrian Smith and Dave murray rock too but eh i don't think i'd put him on my all time list. Alot of their stuff is that "gallop stuff" which gets old after a while, but shit like 2 minutes to midnight are classic shit, anyone who claims to know guitar and doesn't know this riff ....doesn't know gutiar, this and Run to the Hills

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2004, 01:41:02 AM »
oh yeah good to see someone on here who likes Iron Maiden....I would figure ther'd be some metallica fans cuz they're like the biggest band in the world, but good to see Maiden fans

MY NIGGA EDDIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE!

Diabolical

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2004, 03:07:41 AM »
I like maiden but i wouldnt put them in the top & i was just joking about me im not that good.

Kirk was the one who wrote the Enter Sandman Riff.

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2004, 03:18:36 AM »
Ruuuun tooooooo the hiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllls!

Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de