Author Topic: "213 - The Hard Way" drops Tuesday!!!  (Read 683 times)

Rudki

Re: "213 - The Hard Way" drops Tuesday!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2004, 04:45:39 AM »
those who feeling it now, are gona get bored of it real quick, well thats what i think anyway

anyway i suggest people would BUY better albums, and LISTEN to better albums for the summer, and theres loads

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2004, 02:46:19 PM »
I'm definitely gonna pick it up, just to support Warren, Nate and Snoop.  The CD is good, I like it a lot, I just wish it had a G-Funk sound to it.  But you know what, I guess that era is over, and this is what new G-Funk sounds like.  If you listen to RTOR, it sounds nothing like Regulate, but fuck it, its still dope.  I think this CD is gonna get played out soon though, I've listened to it like 3 times all the way through and its gettin a lil played out.

platinumk777

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2004, 04:21:06 PM »
I'm definitely gonna pick it up, just to support Warren, Nate and Snoop.  The CD is good, I like it a lot, I just wish it had a G-Funk sound to it.  But you know what, I guess that era is over, and this is what new G-Funk sounds like.  If you listen to RTOR, it sounds nothing like Regulate, but fuck it, its still dope.

hector

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2004, 06:17:14 PM »
the album is boring.  I listened to it once all the way through, didn't hear one stand out song, nothing impressed me.  the best song - run on up, I have had for a year now.  I didn't have any desire to listen to it again.  I got hundreds of other albums I'd rather listen to in a heartbeat over this album.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2004, 02:21:14 AM »
production credits courtesy of bigsmoothdawg

1. Intro - Fredwreck
2. Twist Yo Body - Hi Tek
3. Absolutely - Quaze
4. Keep It Gangsta (Gangsta Music) - B Sharp (Battlecat)
5. Run On Up - The Chill
6. Groupie Luv - DJ Pooh
7. Lonely Girl - Nottz
8. Another Summer - Kanye West
9. 213 Tha Gangsta Clicc - Josef Leimberg (he also did Dolla Dolla Bill)
10. Gotta Find A Way (Find A Way) - Lil Half Dead & Niggarochi
11. Ups & Downs - B Sharp (Battlecat)
12. Joysticc - Terrace Martin & Marlon Williams
13. Rick James (Dave Chappelle) Skit - Fredwreck
14. Mary Jane - Quaze
15. MLK (Take A Ride/Eastside LB) - B Sharp (Battlecat)
16. Lil Girl - Michael Angelo
17. My Dirty Ho - J-Hen
18. Appreciation - J-Hen
19. So Fly - Missy Elliott

new album cover: (i prefer the original)

ecrazy

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2004, 02:35:05 AM »
They should release acapellas to this cd and then have people make some remixes, and hopefully Warren G would make his version of "The Hard Way" and call it "THE G way"...just a thought

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2004, 12:11:53 PM »
What's up with the cover change? Is that official?

In the official website they still got the other, with the three of them in it. Amazon, Play.com, etc. also got this cover. But CdUniverse got this "new" cover with only the numbers.

If this "new" cover is gonna be the one that ends up in the stores...that's a weak move. Not only it aint as cool, people wont recognize the group. People wont know what's up with that 213 shit, wont know its Snoop, Warren and Nate.

Plus this "new" cover aint got the title, so unless the title is on the side, this probably wont be the final cover.

tnp

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2004, 02:04:42 PM »
^^^ my copy (which has a promo cut through the barcode) has the one from cduniverse.com but it has a sticker on the jewel case of nate, snoop and warren carrying the briefcases. the sticker has the group name and the title on it.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2004, 09:20:11 AM »

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2004, 11:13:27 AM »

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2004, 11:14:28 AM »
Very nice read!

“I knew it would happen,” Snoop insists. “But it had to be the right situation. Warren G always believed in 213, more than anybody else. We had to see what Warren was really talking about. And when I started doing shows recently, people kept asking me, ‘What’s up with 213?’ Then I started to feel what Warren was saying. We weren’t really doing nothing, so we might as well go in the studio.”

And that's (not producing) the motherfucking thanks he gets?

And that's true. You always heard Warren on his records talking bout a 213 reunion coming. Never happened. Always heard him in interviews saying he wanted to make it happen, it was up to the other two. Never happened. And when it happens, he can't even get to produce one song?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2004, 01:28:22 PM »
Yeah, it's a damn shame.

"Wassup with 213? It's comin' so start yo' tape decks runnin'"

I heard Warren say that on Return Of The Regulator, I got hyped about it. Then there was that 213 song on the same album. Sounded like a promise of things to come. Then nothing happened for years. And now, when it did, Warren G ain't behind the boards... :-\

Shit, Nima or Yash oughta interview the G-Child, ask him what's up on the solo tip. (This would be the time to do it too - with the 213 album being dropped and needing promotion and all of that.)