Author Topic: New GTA: San Andreas info from a German mag  (Read 298 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
New GTA: San Andreas info from a German mag
« on: August 17, 2004, 06:37:30 AM »
First info from the city of San Fierro!

These pics are scans form the magazine, so they're not the most accurate screenshots.

(Says in the article that you can also ride (or maybe even jack?) the cable cars)

-There are 150 core missions.
-Golden Gate Bridge is called the "Gant" bridge.
-There is a district which is very reminiscent of "Doherty", a place in San Francisco which got hit by an earthquake in 1989.
-There is a hippie festival in San Fierro by the name of "Hushbury & Garcia Joint Festival".
-Weather will be very specific. It can be raining in one place, sunny in another.
-San Fierro will introduce the character Cesar.
-When talking to people, you have a choice of dialogue you can browse through.
-You can install nitro boost on your car, which when activated will speed up your car considerably and present you with a blur effect, similar to the one in NFS: Underground.
-Chinatown is in San Fierro. 
-In Chinatown you will encounter the Triads, and you will work for a blind guy by the name of Wu Zi Mu. One of his tasks for you is to rescue fugitives in a container. (connected to human trafficking)

Nothing too specific there...

Also, a website called EuroGamer has this to say:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is due for release on October 22nd. Check out the official trailer later this week, with more first-hand impressions and chats with Rockstar in the coming weeks

They have a whole interview there with some Rockstar guys, but I didn't post it 'cause it's pretty much old stuff they talk about. They do mention that they're trying to fit the game on a dual layer DVD. If you want to peep the interview anyway, here's a link: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56330
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 06:53:45 AM by T-Dogg »

Montana00

Re: New GTA: San Andreas info from a German mag
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 07:10:28 AM »
ive been waiting for this game ever since i finished vice city.

Just to add to this. I read a magazine (maybe ill post my scans) It says, get this, GTA SA will be a 150 hour game to complete

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 07:36:31 AM »
Just to add to this. I read a magazine (maybe ill post my scans) It says, get this, GTA SA will be a 150 hour game to complete

150? :o

Ain't that some shit. Nowadays it's special if a game lasts 20 hours.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 08:55:02 AM »
^^^ well that doesnt amaze me, since getting 100% everywhere is fuckin annoying, like finding every fuckin things of hundred fuckin things ...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 09:05:50 AM »
i never do 100%

i hate those stupid RC plane missions, and getting all the secret packages....whats the point. You dont get anything extra at 100%

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 11:09:56 AM »
thx for the scans  8)

^^you get that military helicopter that shoots rocket launchers  8)
. i never actually done it 100% . you can get cheats for it

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 11:14:42 AM »
you dont need to beat 100% put on a cop uniform and sneak into the military base, they have the heli with missles there.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 11:17:41 AM »
^^^^
Yep. No cheats or 100% necessary.

But you do get something when you get 100%. Not much though... You get - a new outfit to wear! Yay! Apparently it's jeans & a t-shirt that says something like: "I completed Vice City and all I got was this T-shirt". Or something like that, I never got 100% myself.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 12:42:28 PM »
this game still looks tite.. and this looks like Ice Cube

also i like it how u can choose wut ur gnna say 2 the person

^^ about 100% when u get 100% u get 3 bodyguards that follow u and kill for u, im tryin 2 get 100%.. if u r too heres a good site 2 help u, shows u were all the packages r, all the rage missions, all the jumps everything.

http://www.vicecityunleashed.com/index2.php?action=news_main&session=ccbe3c5bfdef8b339fa7d470b29f6e35