Author Topic: Is it just me or....  (Read 2350 times)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Is it just me or....
« on: October 05, 2002, 09:38:09 PM »
are all the people who were hating on Restless for mainly being freestyles and not having enough songs with an idea behind them the same who hate Man Vs Machine?  ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is it just me or....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 02:46:46 AM »
are all the people who were hating on Restless for mainly being freestyles and not having enough songs with an idea behind them the same who hate Man Vs Machine?  ???

I don't think there were any freestyles on that album.

Jome

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 08:07:33 AM »

I wasn't on this board when Restless dropped, but your theory seems likely.
And plus there's a bunch of new haters now, now that Snoop has dissed Xzibit.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 12:11:09 PM »
I didn't like it because alot of the beats just didn't suit X's style.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2002, 12:23:01 PM »

there's a bunch of new haters now, now that Snoop has dissed Xzibit.

fo sho
a big as bunch

teecee

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2002, 12:29:41 PM »
People probably think i am an Xzibit hater..........which is crazy.  When all my backpacker friends were pissed that Xzibit "sold out" with Restless, i didn't agree.  I thought it was dope, and that it was Xzibits most complete album yet........of course, it was missing that authentic hiphop flavour, but i thought, as Xzibit SAID HIMSELF, that he would turn the lyrics up on the next one....

Well, to me, all he did was turn the lyrics down, way down(although Release Date and a couple others have him at his best)..........To be honest, i feel most people on the board who don't like Xzibits new album just don't think it is very good!  I mean, you got Dre and Xzibit together, that should be classic shit, right?  But when you get lackluster showings from both, it hurts.  I still believer these two could make an amazing album together, and that Xzibit could make a five mic classic someday, but this is not it.

And really, if anyone just doesn't like Xzibits new album cuz of the so-called beef with Snoop, than they are idiots.  I like some Jay Z music even though i am a big Nas fan, and i liked some Eazy shit during the early Death Row days..........who the fuck cares, i like music regardless of who its by..........and when an album is a disappointment like Man Vs Machine, i will say so................

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 02:01:45 PM »
ion
People probably think i am an Xzibit hater..........which is crazy.  When all my backpacker friends were pissed that Xzibit "sold out" with Restless, i didn't agree.  I thought it was dope, and that it was Xzibits most complete album yet........of course, it was missing that authentic hiphop flavour, but i thought, as Xzibit SAID HIMSELF, that he would turn the lyrics up on the next one....

Well, to me, all he did was turn the lyrics down, way down(although Release Date and a couple others have him at his best)..........To be honest, i feel most people on the board who don't like Xzibits new album just don't think it is very good!  I mean, you got Dre and Xzibit together, that should be classic shit, right?  But when you get lackluster showings from both, it hurts.  I still believer these two could make an amazing album together, and that Xzibit could make a five mic classic someday, but this is not it.

And really, if anyone just doesn't like Xzibits new album cuz of the so-called beef with Snoop, than they are idiots.  I like some Jay Z music even though i am a big Nas fan, and i liked some Eazy shit during the early Death Row days..........who the fuck cares, i like music regardless of who its by..........and when an album is a disappointment like Man Vs Machine, i will say so................

exactly how i feel, but i haven't even heard the new x cd yet, and i for one thought that the single at least was tight
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly