Author Topic: Warren G doesn't get to produce, but ALL THESE no-names...  (Read 1384 times)

Big Doggly

• Lil Geezy
Re: Warren G doesn't get to produce, but ALL THESE no-names...
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2004, 05:45:35 PM »
i got no disrespect to all the other producers on the album even tho i preffer warren so dont disrespect him...its all about opinion. so what if his albums werent as big as snoops or other mainstream artists, they are definetly classics in my mind and if it werent for him there would be no snoop and nate...ima still get it tho 8)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2004, 07:46:38 PM »
KODY - i have the sneaking suspicion that you HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.  You don't think Regulate is a classic? I hope in actuality you're really young and don't really have a grip on how classic that shit is.  Please tell me this is the case.  If not you need to slap yourself.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2004, 08:13:26 PM »
whats wrong about having newcomers on the album...as long as it sounds hot im gonna be happy about it and I think that the fact that y'all hate the album is becuz it aint bouncy and gangsta as y'all expected its more for the grown ups its 100% sure that if u are 15-17 years old you wont like the album but if u are in the mid 20's u might feeling it more

and jome I think ur wrong man most of the producers on the album are well known

Fredwreck
Battlecat
Quaze
Josef (he did PImp Slap,Bacc on the block and Dolla Bill)
Kanye West
Hi-Tek
Lil Half Dead
Michaelangelo( he did Whatever and some tracks For faith Evans And Busta Rhymes)
Dj Pooh
Tha Chill (from CMW)
Nottz
Missy Elliott

the only unknown is Terrace Martin (from what I remember he is Soopafly's protégé ) and J-Hen

so I guess ur just searching reasons to find the album wack as hell but I think Its tight u just have to be open minded to feel it
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 08:25:18 PM by .:Bigg Hercy Buggz:. »

Jome

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2004, 09:12:44 PM »
nice u have battlecat in tha no name list

Well, I didn't know he changed name.. and besides, Warren G is still a much better producer.

LMAO @ This idiot Jome. Battlecat is a no name? Haha. What a fag you are man. Battlecat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warren G. That's word. Warren G hasn't been hot for YEARS! I don't blame Snoop for not using Warren's washed up beats. It's bad enough he let Warren's non-rappin' ass rap on the album. Warren G is the weakest cat in this group, has been, always will be. Ten years too late. Warren is really not what he USED to be. Snoop ain't the same, but he's not as bad as Warren. Nate is still coo.

By the way, Tha Chill is NOT a no name. C.M.W. was very popular. LMAO @ This fuckin' idiot. You know NOTHING about West Coast Hip Hop, WHATSOEVER. Stop making threads in the West Coast section. From now on, you're only allowed to talk about Mixtape rappers. That's it. You're banned.

LMAO @ this homothug posting bullshit again..
I made the thread right after the 213 credits was posted, and like 99% of other people, I didn't know that Battlecat had changed artist name.
You didn't know it either before somebody pointed it out to you,.. or did you come up with the name yourself.. ? Bitch!

Tha Chill might make the best track on the album, but when compared to Warren, he's a no-name and relatively unknown. (Again compared to Warren G, you moron)

I'm talking about Warren's producer skills, don't try to switch topic.
Warren is a better producer than Battlecat, or uhh B Sharp. (Mr. Gilliam should slap someone for convincing him that, that name is cool)
Warren gets accused for making too similar beats, but Battlecat only have 1 beat with different variations.
teecee says it best:

However, he has never produced a classic album like Warren G has, and personally the whole clap-track thing is played out, he does it nearly every song

and jome I think ur wrong man most of the producers on the album are well known
Fredwreck, Kanye West, Hi-Tek, Dj Pooh, Nottz

Umm yeah, that's why I didn't include them on the no-name list..

BTW, this is NOT a Warren G vs. Battlecat thread, it's about Warren G not producing on 213, stay on topic.
And let me conclude:

fuck any of ya'll sayin that warren shouldnt produce on the album

Jome

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2004, 09:41:07 PM »
Hahahaha, this is what the posters on the Eastcoast board Sohh.com posted:

* Poster asks for production credits to 213 *

what is 213?
group w/ snoop warren g and nate dogg (I think)
oh ****,  my bad , i def thought it was some homo r&b group  like 3lw or b2k

* Link to dubcnn's infamous The Vault posted *

213 doesnt have any warren g beats?????!?!?!?!?!
word
That's one of the main reasons the album is ass-cheeks...

I was anticipating some good old '94 G-Funk, but none to be had.
Yeah in an interview I  read, Warren said that was Snoop's call. Warren said he would've done the whole album for free.
If that's the case, Snoop done fukked up
Add this decision to his verses filled with utter garbage and non-understandable gibberish that are throughout the album and Snoop just single-handedly ruined a potentially great album.
what the hell is a 213 album with no warren g production though
what tha hell is a 2-1-3 album without Warren g, Dre or Daz?...Shyt just dont make sense....All them nuggas came in the game together....Snoop is on sum funnystyle shyt

Does anybody know if Warren G produced any beats lately....
Absolutely 100% cosign with Asylum7 and 206pimp

Warren said he would've done the whole album for free

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2004, 09:46:12 PM »
Its true that it sucks that it didnt produce any beats  hopefuly theg roupy luv remix will blow

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2004, 10:46:54 AM »
KODY - i have the sneaking suspicion that you HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.  You don't think Regulate is a classic? I hope in actuality you're really young and don't really have a grip on how classic that shit is.  Please tell me this is the case.  If not you need to slap yourself.

I'm not going to sit and explain myself to you, kid. Read my post again if you don't understand.

KoDy.

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2004, 11:14:22 AM »

Tha Chill might make the best track on the album, but when compared to Warren, he's a no-name and relatively unknown. (Again compared to Warren G, you moron)

The fact he is not the biggest name does NOT mean that he doesn't have more skills. Same for Battlecat. So you are saying that because Warren G is the commercially bigger name he should be chosen over someone who is actually better?

KoDy.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2004, 12:29:08 PM »

The fact he is not the biggest name does NOT mean that he doesn't have more skills. Same for Battlecat. So you are saying that because Warren G is the commercially bigger name he should be chosen over someone who is actually better?

KoDy.

No, he is saying that Warren G should be chosen because he is actually better than The Chill and Battlecat.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2004, 12:51:31 PM »
I'm feeling this to the fullest save maybe 2 tracks...i dont see why everyone seems so disappointed.   its a cool laid bacc album that you could def. smoke to and feel good. its good party music and the ladies seem to love it too.

thedopedela1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2004, 12:56:03 PM »
KODY says bullshit after bullshits Im tired to see him post  GOD DAMN.WHAT THE HELL BATTLECAT PRODUCED HUH TO BE SO FAMOUS&BETTER THAN GDUB?DOES HE RAP HUH?.DID HE PRODUCED 2 CLASSICS ALBUMS IN 2 YEARS?  ....NO NEVA..EVA

GDUB NEED SUM CASH MONEY+GOOD PUB/BUZZ & WE'LL SEE HIM POST ANOTHA BOMB IN THIS GAME IM PRETTY SURE

Ps:Kody dont reply I dont talk to tennagers specially cuz of ur disrepectfull posts(I hopefully u dont think what u post cuz u got brain damages if so..)

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2004, 01:28:43 PM »
KODY says bullshit after bullshits Im tired to see him post  GOD DAMN.WHAT THE HELL BATTLECAT PRODUCED HUH TO BE SO FAMOUS&BETTER THAN GDUB?DOES HE RAP HUH?.DID HE PRODUCED 2 CLASSICS ALBUMS IN 2 YEARS?  ....NO NEVA..EVA

GDUB NEED SUM CASH MONEY+GOOD PUB/BUZZ & WE'LL SEE HIM POST ANOTHA BOMB IN THIS GAME IM PRETTY SURE

Ps:Kody dont reply I dont talk to tennagers specially cuz of ur disrepectfull posts(I hopefully u dont think what u post cuz u got brain damages if so..)

Maybe a trip over to http://www.specialneeds.com is on the cards.

KoDy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2004, 01:28:53 PM »
Warren G shoulda' produced the whole album...End of convo.

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2004, 01:37:15 PM »

No, he is saying that Warren G should be chosen because he is actually better than The Chill and Battlecat.

No, the original point was they were no names and Warren was left off. If you are basing it on the Pop top 40 then agreed they are unknown.

People moan they don't use Westcoast talent then when they do you moan even more!

KoDy.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2004, 01:54:47 PM »
I don't know if most of you guys listened to the album from front to back, I like it, it's pretty good, I bump it in the car and stuff like that.