Author Topic: Warren G doesn't get to produce, but ALL THESE no-names...  (Read 1385 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Warren G doesn't get to produce, but ALL THESE no-names...
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2004, 11:33:19 PM »
nibs - WHAT STANDARD AM I USING?!? I'm gonna break some news to you, I know this may be a big shock, but  Warren has released a MULTI - PLATINUM ALBUM. It doesn't mean he is better than BC, because god knows sales don't reflect talent.  But it does mean that his name is much more recognizeable to the average person than BC. That is a fact.

I'm not sure if you argued my point or not.  I couldn't agree with you more that battlecat has done beats for the pop audience as well as the underground.  In my opinion, warren has produced 2 undisputable classics with regulate g funk era and Twinz conversation.  two albums in which one had great pop success and another that is an underground classic.  Regulate went what 3x or 4x platinum? Warren has been ALL over BET and MTV. In no way am i saying that battlecat is not tight, but if you honestly think that more people have heard of battlecat than warren g you need to check yourself.
His point was that its obvious that G-Dub is more recognizable than Battlecat because he's a rapper as well as producer.  I bet most people who know who Warren G is don't even know he produces.  Battlecat beats STILL get radio play, such as "Do You Wanna Roll," "Baby Boy," and "Don't Know Where To Start."  Battlecat also doesn't have a platinum album to his credit because he's not a fucking rapper.

Now, don't get me wrong, Warren G is my 3rd favorite artist of all time behind Quik and Nate Dogg, but a lot of you on this forum are COMPLETELY on his dick.  Yeah, he didn't produce the CD, and its been stated by AllHipHop.com that he REFUSED to produce on it.  Every time that's brought up, its ignored by the dickriders who wanna blame everything on Snoop.  And you can argue " Why did he tell MTV he wanted to work on his rhymes?"  Do you think a producer is gonna tell a national news market that he's not confident enough in his own production to guarantee album sales?  Of course not.  Obviously the "concentrating on rhymes" thing is bullshit, but do you think Snoop, who's been friends with him his whole life, is gonna be like "Fuck you, you suck at producing, I want Kayne West on this shit."  No way.  And you all forget that even though Snoop is more popular now, Warren brought him into the game.  Snoop would not have a career if it weren't for Warren.  It's also not like Snoop acts superior to Warren.  Its not like Warren is Snoop's protege.  They're homies, and they treat each other as equals.  So enough with the no Warren production whining, it was G-Dub's choice.  And the album is already out in stores, I picked up my copy today, so they aren't going back to the studio to record some G-Dub tracks.  I think you all should just accept it for what it really is, a solid West Coast CD that you can play front to back.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2004, 11:38:54 PM »

And yeah, Warren don't work that much. But you should get your facts straight mayne. Ever heard of a group called The Dove Shack?  Nobody in the east is coping an album cause "it's got a Battlecat production on it".

Warren produced ONE track on the Dove Shack album.  Also, I will cop an album because it has Battlecat production.  BTW, my top three producers are 1) Quik 2) Battlecat and 3) Warren G

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2004, 11:47:39 PM »

And yeah, Warren don't work that much. But you should get your facts straight mayne. Ever heard of a group called The Dove Shack?  Nobody in the east is coping an album cause "it's got a Battlecat production on it".

Warren produced ONE track on the Dove Shack album.  Also, I will cop an album because it has Battlecat production.  BTW, my top three producers are 1) Quik 2) Battlecat and 3) Warren G

Cause you love the westcoast sound and got a good taste. But come on, you know what I meant. 8)

BTW, I'll quit this discussion cause:
1st- I don't wanna sound like I'm dissing Battlecat cause I love his production style and is one of my fav westcoast producers.
2nd- I don't wanna sound like a Warren G dickrider cause, altho he is my fav producer, I am mad at him for not puttin his balls on the table and gettin his respect. I am Warren G fan (everyone's got their fav artists), but I aint gon ride no dick, if he comes wack, he comes wack and I'll say it.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2004, 11:55:43 PM »

Cause you love the westcoast sound and got a good taste. But come on, you know what I meant. 8)

BTW, I'll quit this discussion cause:
1st- I don't wanna sound like I'm dissing Battlecat cause I love his production style and is one of my fav westcoast producers.
2nd- I don't wanna sound like a Warren G dickrider cause, altho he is my fav producer, I am mad at him for not puttin his balls on the table and gettin his respect. I am Warren G fan (everyone's got their fav artists), but I aint gon ride no dick, if he comes wack, he comes wack and I'll say it.
Aite dope, and I'll quit too cuz I don't wanna sound like I'm hatin on Warren.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2004, 04:40:57 AM »
I just can't believe you're talking seriously, nibs.
And yeah, Warren don't work that much. But you should get your facts straight mayne. Ever heard of a group called The Dove Shack? Or a female group called 5 Footaz?

check your facts.

warren g produced one song on the dove shack's album and it wasn't "summertime in the lbc".  one song.

da 5 footaz was never released, and i doubt that g-dub was producing that one either, simply due to his track record.  but assuming he did, battlecat has atleast 2 albums that he's produced that were never released.  l smooth 7 or something and there is one more i'd need to look up.

Everyone knows that, plus Warren has produced for a lot of artists. Both coasts.
Maybe not as much as Battlecat

nowhere near as much as battlecat.  he doesn't even produce his own artists.  dove shack was on his label and he didn't even do that.  his crew doesn't give him much work.  who is he producing for?

but then again who outside the west is recognizing a Battlecat beat on a eastcoast album? Nobody in the east is coping an album cause "it's got a Battlecat production on it".

you're speaking for everyone on the east?  the artists are hollering at cat because he puts out the hits.

battlecat first made his name producing for cats on the east coast.  he did one of dana dane's albums back in the day.  you've got busta rhymes getting tracks from cat.  lil kim.  fat joe & sauce money getting down on that track with e-40.  an r&b track for faith evans.

Nevertheless, I feel where you're coming from, cause B Sharp is mad tight in my ears mayne. But one's got to recognize what Warren has meant for westcoast music and is still doing, being one of the most underrated producers in hiphop ever, alongside the Quiksta.

warren g doesn't stack up to quik either; mostly for the same reasons.  warren's main claim to fame (outside of his own projects) is allegedly producing tracks on doggystyle, but noone knows which one.  i've always assumed ain't no fun & doggy dogg world, maybe g'z & hustlaz...but who really knows?  warren g doesn't work enough to be put in that elite company of cat and quik.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 04:50:32 AM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2004, 04:45:37 AM »
i replied before i read page 4.  everyone seems to be in agreement which is good.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2004, 05:10:42 AM »
It's all good. They're both great producers, let's leave it at that.  8)

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2004, 09:23:42 AM »
It's all good. They're both great producers, let's leave it at that.  8)

Exactly, I'll leave it at the fact that BATTLECAT is NOT a no-name producer - that was the whole point. The ignorance of the creator of this thread is sky high. Check your facts before you post.

Before everyone ignores this thread forever one last question - who actually confirmed BC has changed his name? all the ads still say "Battlecat" as a producer.

Cool.

KoDy.

Jome

« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2004, 07:02:11 PM »
Exactly, I'll leave it at the fact that BATTLECAT is NOT a no-name producer - that was the whole point.
The ignorance of the creator of this thread is sky high. Check your facts before you post.

If you had tried actually reading the posts in this topic, you would have noticed that I didn't know about Battlecat's sudden name change before in the middle of the topic.

This thread was never "Warren G vs. Battlecat", it was "213 album is gay for not having a Warren G produced track on the album".

Thread locked.