Author Topic: What yo parents think about hip hop?  (Read 414 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What yo parents think about hip hop?
« on: August 13, 2004, 08:48:19 AM »
My mum doesnt have anything against it,she likes 2 listen 2 it from time 2 time.She's rather in2 commercial rap,I guess thats no surprise here.She likes for example Eminem,50,Snoop Dogg,a bit of Dre,u know,all the rappers that people listen 2 when they really aint that much in2 hip hop as we are.One day I turned on Regulate by Warren & Nate real loud & she was like "Im surprised u listen 2 that type of music",lol.I dont know if she knew if this was rap or not,I guess she was just surprised that there are such laid back & great songs like this.I had 2 tell her it was G-Funk & all that,but yeah,she really liked that song.But sometimes she just hates rap & likes 2 criticize it,lol.Anyway on the sideline she thinks Snoop is an idiot,even tho she likes some of his songs.She says he looks like a joke & all that.When he's on TV & tryna look hard she just laughs at him usually.This is what happened 2 me 2day,I just turned on What Would U do by Tha Dogg Pound & my mum just walked in2 my room & when she saw Snoop lookin how he looked in that video clip she just started laughin her head off,lol.That kinda gets on my nerves but I gotta deal with it.So what about yall parents?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 09:02:44 AM by Masta T »

Throwback

Re: What yo parents think about hip hop?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 09:32:46 AM »
my parents hate that gangsta rap thing, i do to actually. but they like most of my music from time to time like; mos def, talib kweli, common, N*E*R*D* etc. so its all good. my parants say most rappers dress like idiots. my dad always says somethin like: have you noticed that basketball jersey is more like a dress. for godsake it hangs over his knees, what an idiot. its kinda true actually.

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 09:59:17 AM »
i remember when i was lil ma dad used to bump ol skool rap . but now if i play nu skool . he says its aight , but not as good as ol skool

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 10:10:31 AM »
One day I turned on Regulate by Warren & Nate real loud & she was like "Im surprised u listen 2 that type of music",lol.I dont know if she knew if this was rap or not,I guess she was just surprised that there are such laid back & great songs like this.I had 2 tell her it was G-Funk & all that,but yeah,she really liked that song.

Maybe she subconsciously remembered I Keep Forgettin' by Michael McDonald. That's where the sample came from.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 10:31:57 AM »
I dont know,maybe?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 10:41:29 AM »
I have a great story about my parents introduction to gangsta rap - sorry it's long but its a funny story....

It was 1993 and i was on vacation with my family. Anyways we were at the mall, and I had my Chronic tape in my walkman - I never went anywhere without that tape.  So I go into a music store and ask my dad to hold the tape while I go in so they don't think i stole it.  So my dad looks at the tape and sees some of the song titles and asks me what kind of music it is.  So I tell him, and i figure that was that.  Well then my whole family piles back into the van, and we continue driving.  Then my dad says "I wanna hear what this tape sounds like, put it in the stereo.  So immediately i'm like fuck, but i have to do it.  Now keep in mind, when i first got the tape, i was only listening to the side that had Dre Day, Nuthin but a G thang, etc. I hadn't even listened to the other side yet.  So my dad grabs the tape and throws it in.  It just so happens that he plays the B side, and it is perfectly set on the skit where the chick goes to the doctors office to see dre.  as we all know, dre fucks her, loudly i might add for a good minute or two.  Well my whole family hears the whole thing and are in shock.  let me just say, it was one of the most akward moments of my adolescent life.  But, now my dad has a lot of respect for how talented a producer dre is - so its all good.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 10:59:12 AM »
lmao,that shit had 2 be hilarious

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 11:05:53 AM »
I had a similiar experience but wit my Restless DVD,I was watchin the part where Xzibit raps Fuckin U Right & as yall know theres lots of tits,ass & all that in that scene.So I was watchin that scene & my mum just walks in my room & Im like "It aint what u think,I can explain"lol.So I told her whats goin on & thankfully they showed Xzibit rapping in that scene a few more times.She didnt say anything but man I thought I was gone.

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 11:09:15 AM »
I have no clue! My parents know I listen to urban music and all, but we never had a talk about it or something.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 11:55:20 AM »
my mom loves rap lol its pretty funny.  you hear her fuckin rappin the lyrics and shit and if we go any where on long family trips and shit i gotta burn her mix cds.  she especially loves that one fucking song, we all die one day.  lol my mom is 41, and im 18, and when i hear her goin i got a 12 gauge mossberg to pump up your chest.  that shit is madddddd funny

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 12:02:36 PM »
haha,Id love 2 hear that

davida.b.

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 12:18:56 PM »
They like rap. Not the violent stuff, though.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004, 12:53:50 PM »
My mom isn`t against it and she doesn`t say anything when I listen to it.....but my dad is like "don`t play that so loud".....I have a story too about this but it would take ages to write....

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2004, 12:55:15 PM »
My parents used to be into it when they were younger, most of my OG hip-hop CD's were passed on to me from my dad. Bother of them listen to R&B for the most part, but they still bump 2pac, Warren G, and Quik from time to time.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

pappy

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2004, 01:33:41 PM »
not really,  he likes how it sounds btu he says the rappin ruins the songs.  He did like a couple of songs tho,  he likes big poppa by biggie