Author Topic: What yo parents think about hip hop?  (Read 412 times)

MegaTON

• Lil Geezy
Re: What yo parents think about hip hop?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2004, 01:41:36 PM »
my mom hates the "bitches n hos" shit but likes some of the more creative stuff my dad likes rap but my parents listen more to reggae than anything else

Diabolical

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2004, 01:42:19 PM »
I donno, probably think its shit but then again so do i(not including west cost).

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2004, 02:10:04 PM »
To quote my dad:

'Turn that bloody noise of!'
'I can't believe you like that!'
'Horrible!'
'I think those people throwing their hands up is soooo dumb'
(He obviously doesn't know about gang signs and such)
But in some very rare instances, he's said 'I don't think this one's that bad'

My mother feels the same way,but she hardly says anything about it except that she doesn't like most of it.
As to rappers they know,they've heard of Eminem,Dre & Snoop and I think that's where it stops.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

We Fly High

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2004, 02:23:38 PM »
my moms gets down with hip hop. a lot of the hip hop songs sample a lot of the older songs, so shes able to recognize them and shit. she liked aaliyah, nate dogg, john legend, dj quik.. few others.. she even watched the 2pac thug angel dvd.. she doesnt like shit with hella swearin in it though..

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2004, 03:32:33 PM »
My mom dont hate it.. If im in the car with her she'll let me listen to it. My dad dont care either but my dad is pissin me off. He makes gang signs and shit somtimes.  >:(

We went out to eat and we had a black guy for a waiter.. my dad was like "its aighhhhttt" when they said they didnt have something. I wanted to fucking hide.  :-[

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2004, 03:40:24 PM »
my dads says its crap, that the same beat is repeatin all the time.

and my mom crys all the time cos my stereos r so loud, so shes like "u always play that rock n roll" and im like "its called hiphop.." but its all good.

Diabolical

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2004, 04:49:25 PM »
Rock & Roll Mofo!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2004, 09:41:27 PM »
My mom actually introduced me to the Chronic. I liked Dre on the radio, but at the time my dad was not interested in me getting tapes with cursing, so my mom got it for me. She loved Let Me Ride, and Ain't Nuthin' But A "G" Thang. But remember she is a former gang member. Eventually though, she just went back to her oldies.

My dad listened to it because I did. He knew the commercial stuff, and he loved Coolio and 2Pac. Now he doesn't like it, and he tells me how it's turned to crap... lol. His now gone back to his regular old country music, but if some old 2Pac is on, he wouldn't turn it off.

Now my grandma is the best, both my grandmas. My mom's mom, she listens to it and laughs at all the cursing. My dad's mom, who has the worst mouth, she thinks Snoop Dogg is over exposed... lol. She's like, his always on my damn TV... lol.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2004, 10:18:50 PM »
Both my parents hate it, I listen to other music with my Dad though sometimes.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2004, 11:43:54 PM »
My mom dont hate it.. If im in the car with her she'll let me listen to it. My dad dont care either but my dad is pissin me off. He makes gang signs and shit somtimes.  >:(

We went out to eat and we had a black guy for a waiter.. my dad was like "its aighhhhttt" when they said they didnt have something. I wanted to fucking hide.  :-[
lol

eS El Duque

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2004, 12:49:46 AM »
my mom hates eminem...probably hates rap too

my dad could care less

I listen to oldies(80's/70's) rock with him. in the car instead of a cd.

ecrazy

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2004, 01:02:11 AM »

lol
ROTFLMAO!!!!

all my dads homies and employees are black, so sometimes to be cool with them, he trys to be "Oh thats so tight".. & "Yea Cuzz" it just sounds soo funny comin from his mouth, just picture a very dark mexican sayin that, thats my dad....

bez

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2004, 01:19:04 AM »
LMMFAO at these stories and shit...I have never actually laughed so much in a thread at wcc before...this stuff is too funny, I can actually picture parents doing all this mad shit.  The Chronic tape in the car and the "its aigggght" stuff had me rollin.

Anyway, my Mum and Dad just let me listen to what I want and respect that.  My Dad prob doesn't feel rap music as much as my Mum because he gets pissed off alot at the loud beats.  My Mum likes Kanye I think, she likes the All Falls Down and Through The Wire vid's so thats cool.  They both don't like the swearing involved and I don't really like em hearing it, thats why I only really listen to rap music in my room or away from my folks.

lol, heres another lil funny story.  I had Shyne on the other day and my bedroom door was open.  My Dad was in the bathroom and he walked past my door singing "What...you...gunna...do...when...shit...hits...the...fan", lol.  He did it in like a crazy paused voice, lol funny as hell.

ecrazy

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2004, 01:31:42 AM »
My Dad likes it, cuz all his friends listen to it or  rap *cough* Weasle Loc *cough*

My Mom Likes All Pop Music And Any Rap They Play on KIIS FM (THE FORBIDDEN STATION, IF THIS STATION IS EVER PLAYED IN MY CAR, THAT PERSON IS BANNED FROM LIFE!)

They dont give a care what we listen to, my lil sister is all EMO-CORE and my lil brother is a Techno Junkie, im the only one who listens to hip-hop @ home, (It used to be my older brothers & sister too, but they gone now)

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2004, 02:10:41 AM »
my mum pretty much hates the music i listen to, mainly because she feels that the language used is unnecessary etc etc...altho, she does like some 2pac stuff, namely Dear Mama, almost had her in tears lol...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare