Author Topic: What yo parents think about hip hop?  (Read 416 times)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Re: What yo parents think about hip hop?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2004, 03:06:22 AM »
my mum pretty much hates the music i listen to, mainly because she feels that the language used is unnecessary etc etc...altho, she does like some 2pac stuff, namely Dear Mama, almost had her in tears lol...

Haha same with me

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2004, 04:06:55 AM »
My mom doesn't usually say anything. Except in the car, in the car she always asks me to turn it down or off. But my dad can't apparently hear any other words in the songs except the cuss words. He's always like "How can you listen to this noise? All they do is say fuck shit motherfucker." He doesn't like the beats either, he thinks they're just repetitive drum and bass sounds. BUT, on two occasions he's said he liked the instrumental - these songs were Warren G's "G Spot" and DJ Quiks "Tha Ho In You". Not that surprising, they're mighty soulful tracks. But the rest of the time is just criticism towards the cussing and the beats "that just go bang, bang, bang, bang..."

But I couldn't really give a fuck if they liked it or not. I like it, that's what matters.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2004, 05:43:26 AM »
they like sum shit but when i play em sumthin they usually concentrate on the music much more than on the rappin unless sumbody got a special accent or an incredible flow or sumthin. they ain't happy with sexist or stereotypically violent rap, but I'm really old enuff for them not to think it spoils me or whatever

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2004, 05:24:56 PM »
I've got a story to tell.

Growing up, my parents hated rap music period. They thought it was evil or what not and on top of that, I grew up in a strict religious household. At any rate, I managed to keep my love of rap music secret (this is during the late 80's and early 90's). Anyway, all shit hit the fan when I was around 18, this is in 1993 mind you. My parents found my copy of Onyx "Bacdafucup" tape on my floor in my room. I thought I had lost it but they kept it hidden for a month or so. Then one day they just blew up at me over some drama me and some friends got into that they found out about when they listened to my conversations on the phone. That inevitably segued over to my taste in music, where voila...the bacdafukup tape magically appears in my mother's hand. They accused me of trying to be a "gangster" and they rifled through all my tapes in my drawer in my room. Amerikkka's most wanted, gone. Fear of a Black Planet, gone. Straight outta Compton, gone. Niggaz4Life, gone. The Chronic, gone. Cypress Hill, gone. They threw out anything that had a warning label attached to it. I was devasted. It was like losing a loved one.

I think they've softened up a little bit on that. I even played some of the beats I made and they liked it. Back then it was a whole other story.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2004, 11:28:52 PM »
lol...I don't think my parents feel hiphop that much, sometimes my mom becomes interested in certain samples she hears through the beat, when they sample all kinds of oldies that sound familiar but u can't put your finger on it, she can also apriciate a rapper's vocal clearity, and delivery.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2004, 07:18:34 AM »
they dont give a fuck. they dont even understand a word.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2004, 10:47:38 AM »
LMMFAO at these stories and shit...I have never actually laughed so much in a thread at wcc before...this stuff is too funny, I can actually picture parents doing all this mad shit.  The Chronic tape in the car and the "its aigggght" stuff had me rollin.
:D Its real funny for u.. It used to be OK for me but I drew the line when my dad starting doing gang signs.  :-\

Mase Is The Future

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2004, 04:00:16 PM »
You guys have some sad ass parents.
Sadder are the people trying to get their parents to listen to Hip Hop.