Author Topic: Beatnuts and J Lo beef  (Read 1528 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Beatnuts and J Lo beef
« on: August 14, 2004, 07:41:23 AM »
http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=8645

Jenny Comes Back to the Block
By: Jigsaw

The Beatnuts weren't amused when JLo lifted the same beat that the duo used on Watch Out Now for her hit Jenny From The Block. Recently Psycho Les and Juju has been very vocal in magazines and on their soon to be released 7th album entitled Milk Me.On the track Confused Rapper Juju delivers a verbal spanking "you know you haven't been to the block for a minute/getting all the little Latin girls to bite/when you really can't sing and your no Salma Hayek."

An industry insider, business partner and close friend of the Actress/entertainer said that Jenny has had enough. "She has been working hard on a new album and decided to retaliate. This album will have more attitude than you are use to". According to this contact Jlo has recruited up and coming beatsmith Alchemist to lay the track down. There will be a couple of MCs that will drop heat on the track with only Jadakiss confirmed. Word is that there is an audio drop of Pun ripping into The Beatnuts days before his death that will be used in this song. "We even got Christopher exposing these guys for what they truly are. Liza(Rios) gave us this dat after she heard these guys bad mouthing Jenny. She said it was kept a secret due to her husbands' death. That woman has a heart of gold."

Is this just a way for Jennifer Lopez to capitalize on the "beef" trend to up her record sales? "Jenny isn¡¯t looking to sell her album based on this squabble. She has been working hard on this album for a little while now and she doesn't want that to be overshadowed by this." We shall see.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Beatnuts and J Lo beef
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 07:54:11 AM »
Man Id fuck J.Lo so fuckin hard she'd understand she's just a stupid bitch & nuthin else

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 07:56:42 AM »
Just cause Christopher gonna say sth about the Beatnuts it dont mean theyre gettin exposed,I could do the same 2 J.Lo,would I be exposing her?lol at their stupidity.I bet he gonna say their gay wit each other

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 08:16:29 AM »
Yeah, and I dunno why Jadakiss wants to jump on this. Whats the point of dissing the Beatnuts for J Lo? Jada is stupid if he does diss them.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 09:13:33 AM »
^^ prolly cause Jada was on "Jenny From The Block"

That beef is kinda stupid. The Beatnuts got that flute sample from "Hijack" so they ain't composed it either. I mean, "Jenny From The Block" was one wack song, but why are they 'retaliatin' like 2 years later? I like the Nuts but i got my suspicion that the attention they get for gettin at J-Lo is kind of a very nice side effect...and as i said,it ain't their own melody and who complains about Nas spittin over the same Isley Bros. sample Pac/THUG LIFE and others have already used? Nobody
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 09:15:27 AM by Kill »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 09:40:58 AM »
I see what you are saying as it was a sample, but look at it like this. "Watch Out Now" was probably the Beatnuts most popular song, and the one they are most known for. How would you feel if the song you are known for, had it's beat completly jacked by some pop artist, and turned into total crap, without you getting any credit for it. On "Jenny From The Block" they didn't just use the the same flute, but the same drums, just filtered slightly differently, it was basically the same beat. I can see where the Beatnuts are coming from.

Just cause Jada was on "Jenny From The Block" doesn't mean that he needs to get involved in this. He's gonna diss hip hop legends like the Beatnuts, for the sake of J Lo. Doesn't make any sense.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 10:19:44 AM »
I see what you are saying as it was a sample, but look at it like this. "Watch Out Now" was probably the Beatnuts most popular song, and the one they are most known for. How would you feel if the song you are known for, had it's beat completly jacked by some pop artist, and turned into total crap, without you getting any credit for it. On "Jenny From The Block" they didn't just use the the same flute, but the same drums, just filtered slightly differently, it was basically the same beat. I can see where the Beatnuts are coming from.
yeah true. only how did fernando arbex/Herbie Mann feel when two rap artists came and turned that flute sample into a commercial hit gettin the credit for it by most people? But i acknowledge the difference between sampling like hiphop artists do usually and jackin a beat completly. Nas just did that too tho, only he didn't turn it into total crap

Just cause Jada was on "Jenny From The Block" doesn't mean that he needs to get involved in this. He's gonna diss hip hop legends like the Beatnuts, for the sake of J Lo. Doesn't make any sense.
he might have taken offense for that. or he's friends with that bitch lol. i dunno

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 11:03:58 AM »
If she knew what was good for her she'd keep her big ass out of this beef thing.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 11:49:59 AM »
I could care less what JLo or even BIG got to say. The Beatnuts are fucking great.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2004, 12:25:41 PM »
Yeah, and I dunno why Jadakiss wants to jump on this. Whats the point of dissing the Beatnuts for J Lo?

"Hi Kiss, how you doin, come in.. "[/i]

"Sup booty, I mean cutie, how you doin ? you wanted to see me ? "[/i]

"you know.. i got this problem with them cats who's beat we jacked, you remember our song ? "[/i]

"now they dissed me on their album and it really upsets me.. what can I even defend myself ? "[/i]

"oh, time for my training.. see I thought maybe you know what to do you so strong plus an MC yourself, I bet something like this wouldn't even worry you "[/i]

"so i thought maybe you could like uhmm.. help me ? "[/i]

"do you think you can do this for me ? "[/i]

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 12:58:11 PM »
^^^LMAO. Yeah, I would help her too then.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 01:20:42 PM »
Yeah, and I dunno why Jadakiss wants to jump on this. Whats the point of dissing the Beatnuts for J Lo?

"you know.. i got this problem with them cats who's beat we jacked, you remember our song ? "[/i]

"now they dissed me on their album and it really upsets me.. what can I even defend myself ? "[/i]

"oh, time for my training.. see I thought maybe you know what to do you so strong plus an MC yourself, I bet something like this wouldn't even worry you "[/i]

lol

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 02:38:36 PM »

hahahah

eS El Duque

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 07:44:30 PM »
What a bitch, using Big Pun verse...the songs Beatnutz and big pun did together are dope

btw, the new beatnutz album is dope  8)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2004, 09:01:07 PM »
I could care less what JLo or even BIG got to say. The Beatnuts are fucking great.