Author Topic: What made Briton great  (Read 684 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
What made Briton great
« on: August 17, 2004, 06:34:28 AM »
Firstly and most importantly we beat the french numerous times

We maintained international naval supremacy up until more recent times which was the key too our empire.

We braught civilization free trade and liassez faire economics to to much of the world

With 900 civil servants and and army of 70,000 we were able to control 250 million people in India (which was much larger than it is today including countries like pakistan etc) name any country who can do way with beurocracy like that in modern times. we also control 1/5 of the world at our peak i mite add.

We industrialised the world bringing trains to india etc.

We made ourselves the world police to stamp out the evil slave trade using our naval might.

We shrank the world by installing telegraph lines across the worlds oceans and utilising steam ships shrinking traveling times and being able to deliver messages in hours where previously it took months.

we can still rub it spains face that we own jabrulta and they'll never get it back

we even made the first television! a mechanical one tho.

We even gracefully gave up the majority of our empire after ww2 while other thaught to keep/enlarge theirs.

What truely sets our empire above everyone elses is the industrialisation we baught to the world and the promotion of trade.

This is all off the top of my head please feel free to add i may come up with some more. Also list other countries and your reasons why you think they are great and we can discuss which is the greatest

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

Re: What made Briton great
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 07:08:54 AM »
And here I thought you were gonna talk about the Beatles.

Montana00

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 07:11:25 AM »

This is a joke thread right?

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 07:13:04 AM »
No, because we all know, what makes a country a supreme war power is beating the FRENCH.  They're the standard by which all military victories are measured, lol. 

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 07:46:13 AM »
its true...

the french nearly always give up unless they're so much bigger its no contest..

they'd much rather interfere

william did beat us at 1066 though...

ps...

we also gave the world the beatles  :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 07:49:12 AM by Overseer »

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 08:29:24 AM »
We invented the compact disc 8)

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 05:14:01 PM »
whats your point

davida.b.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 05:44:08 PM »
whats your point

I think he's trying to say US sucks. Lets cut him.

j/k

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 06:14:02 PM »
The only reason you Brits ran India was cuz they;re all pussies.

Having said that, Tech salutes the British crowns gangsta.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 06:15:26 PM »
does any1 know how many brits survived in the first afghan-anglo war, and actually made it to safety?

ONE

however there were some prisoners who were rescued the year after... but the number of soldiers trying to escape afghanistan was in the thousands with only 1 making it  8)

Yes sir. My great uncle has one of those 1900 Lee Enger rifles the British used, around the Boer War times. Us Afghans and the Brits respected each other. We had some good gentlemenly wars.

"Those honourable savages..."

Churchill talkin about us...lol
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 11:12:58 PM »
We have 2 fucking legendary soccer players: Cruijff and Van Basten. How many does Britain have? Huh? Huh? Huh? :P

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2004, 12:15:04 AM »
The significance of beating france is they were our closest neighbour and we had been enemies for a long time its only in the last 100 years or so we have supposively been friends. our biggest mistake was giving them back their caribean islands after innihilated them in the 7 year war as this was a huge source of income for them and enabled them to rebuild their forces after we bankrupted them. fortunatly for us we had the dutch system of the government being able to borrow money by selling government debt (still used today) which let us finance war while the french governement resorted to begging and stealing but still couldn't afford it. later on it was their steam ships which made us build hms warrior the ultimate ship of its time. basically france has always been jelous of us.

You know the first cold war was between russia and briton and it was over who could map afganistan the fastest as the those who had the knowledge of the terrain would innevitably be the victor.

One of the huge benefits for us controling india is we used indians to fight our wars, british indian troops in india out numbered british troops 3 to 1 and they could be mobilised to the far east and africa where it would takes us much longer to send troops from briton which was another key element to holding our empire together.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

eS El Duque

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2004, 12:34:38 AM »

We maintained international naval supremacy up until more recent times which was the key too our empire.

We braught civilization free trade and liassez faire economics to to much of the world

With 900 civil servants and and army of 70,000 we were able to control 250 million people in India (which was much larger than it is today including countries like pakistan etc) name any country who can do way with beurocracy like that in modern times. we also control 1/5 of the world at our peak i mite add.

We industrialised the world bringing trains to india etc.

We made ourselves the world police to stamp out the evil slave trade using our naval might.

We shrank the world by installing telegraph lines across the worlds oceans and utilising steam ships shrinking traveling times and being able to deliver messages in hours where previously it took months.

we can still rub it spains face that we own jabrulta and they'll never get it back

we even made the first television! a mechanical one tho.

We even gracefully gave up the majority of our empire after ww2 while other thaught to keep/enlarge theirs.

What truely sets our empire above everyone elses is the industrialisation we baught to the world and the promotion of trade.

This is all off the top of my head please feel free to add i may come up with some more. Also list other countries and your reasons why you think they are great and we can discuss which is the greatest

Now I remember why I loved being britian while i played Civilization games

YOu guys saved Canada from the FRENCH!!! so for that, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2004, 01:35:43 AM »

and if it weren't for the french we'd have possibly not lost the american revolution.. the french bankrolled it.

yeah later on it may have happened anyways.. but under better circumstances..

funny now how the US and UK are still tight, whereas even the US now see's the french for the bitches they are

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2004, 04:48:57 AM »
it wouldn't of happenned if we did what we later did in australia and had local representation which is what we had refused the american settlers thus starting the revolution.