Author Topic: You guys realize  (Read 421 times)

Thirteen

Re: You guys realize
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 08:28:51 AM »
america would never stop being the world power....Master Bush won't let it....in a few years when he's done building his time machine, he will go into the future and find a proper way to make Oil Fusion work...He will also infuse his body with cybernetics... since he already owns 80% of the world's oil through conquest and puppet governments, he will become the richest Cybernetic organism in the world. he will then go back in time and change the rule where you can only be elected for a maximum of two terms, hereby strengthening his command of the most powerful nation in the world... however, the changing of the rule will make a time paradox which will result in the Korean and Vietnam wars

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 09:36:44 AM »
LOL Well thought out!

Thirteen

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 09:41:08 AM »
LOL Well thought out!

i just realized it's easy to blame Bush for all the problems in the world.... it's really quite comforting to do that... no  longer do i have to worry about being mugged in an alley as long as i don't piss off Bush and just think.... as soon as Bush passes away.... all the world will be a better place... no more disease, war, hunger and there will be an abundance of happy jobs and money.....at least that's what i hope

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2004, 09:46:09 AM »
Yup.  The main reason for this is because Bush is a republican.  It's really as simple as that, if there were a democrat in office, then, man, THERE would be a man.  A different political party affiliation would stop poverty and cure aids in Africa. 

Montana00

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2004, 11:14:30 AM »
while other countries will become stronger (china for one), America will never loose its super power status. Were too rich, and too cool.
Economy=Military.

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2004, 01:31:22 PM »
you never can tell...

natural disasters, strong foreign powers... look out for china!

anything can happen

Suga Foot

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2004, 06:23:08 PM »
Probably not in our lifetime, but I think China is next in line to become the world power.  The US can't be on top forever.  We're not still living in the Roman Empire are we?

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2004, 10:23:35 PM »
The U.S. will be the biggest world power for a VERY long time, because simply they are too far advanced technologically.  China has the population and the strong economy but they still aren't anywhere close to America technology-wise.  They aren't catching up anytime soon, especially if they remind a communist country cause we all know that just doesn't work.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2004, 12:28:12 PM »
The Romans believed they'd be the leaders for a long time to come too when their empire fell through decadency.

In other words, don't be sure of America remaining the superpower just because you think it'll be.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

tommyilromano

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2004, 10:53:07 PM »
You can never please everybody.

True. And I don't see us falling out of world power anytime soon. I mean, who's honestly gonna take over? Japan?
it will happen and most probably in our liftimes, china will become more powerful than america, its had sustained HIGH economic growth and 1/6 of the worlds population they also do alot of the worlds manufacturing. just imagion when then catch up with the west in terms of cars household oil will be in excess of 60 or 70 dollars a barrell, its already a big reason for the curren 40 dollars a barrel and is the reason why metal prices are high. thing is america has its bad points but china is far worse imo, its too secretive, has little compassion for human life and has a proven track record of not handling its foreign affairs ethically in its local regions eg. tebit etc.

and to whoever said about america sorting out its outsourcing... if your country doesn't outsource america will become uncompetetive both nationally and internationally and the economy will decline and you lose your jobs. if you do outsource american firms stay competetive whilst still retaining many jobs or even creating scope for new jobs in areas such as after sales service and don't forget the money flows back to america at the end of the day because you pay them piss overseas. what you need to understand with a global economy and a free global market one country can't hold all the wealth as it all spreads out through trade, those who have greater natural resources can exploit them to get rich other wise you got to use your brains and come up with shit to sell to make your country rich. basically as the cost of living is so much higher in america than out east its very innoficient to produce certain products in america due to the cost of labour and there is nothing you can do about it.

if want a further indepth explanation of anything concerning economics i will be happy to facilitate your learning.

With all due respect... BS!

1. China is incapable of feeding itself
2. The Chinese growth figures are exaggerated
3. The market reforms are causing massive hardship
4. The one child policy is becoming a fiction in some parts of China as the government pulls out of the countryside
5. even if 100 million Chinese end up with 'Western' living standards that will leave over a billion in poverty..
6. Economic growth is only taking place on the coast..
7 the peasants are increasingly unhappy with CP
8. The working class is also increasingly unhappy with the CP
9 the middle class does not trust the CP

Conclusion is China is far from becoming a superpower.. China is heading for increased social conflict and unrest... and the US's dominant position will be maintained... I worked witha  chinese national around 2 months ago.
He claimed that this was already been out lying areas of China... In particular where ethnic conflict meets socio-economic conflict such as Eastern Turkistan (Xinjang)... He predicted over the next ten to fifteen years this will erupt in the Chinese hinterland...
Teianniman square was merely a for taste... Interestingly he told me Teianniman was the tip of the Ice burg... at the same time as the 'pro Western' demostrations there were also anti market reform demostrations across the country.... demostrating the deep divides in Chinese society that can't be over come without a fight...

tommyilromano

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2004, 10:58:35 PM »
Another interesting piece of info...

The Times ran a piece arguing that China could end up "the world's largest Christian nation". Christianity is exploding in China, and goodness alone knows what that'll mean. State persecution is still continuing, with reports mixed as to whether it's declining: so if Christians form a large enough minority, what will that mean?

http://www.nationalreview.com/interrogatory/aikman200312220001.aspHere's a Q&A with an expert (I think he's a China journalist) touching on the situation of Christianity in China, and interestingly, what could happen if a China with a strong Christian population becomes world superpower(they wont). I think I prefer it to the secular alternative if China did become a superpower(they won't). ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 11:00:12 PM by tommyilromano »

tommyilromano

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2004, 11:04:10 PM »
Probably not in our lifetime, but I think China is next in line to become the world power.  The US can't be on top forever.  We're not still living in the Roman Empire are we?

No a truly united Europe will again rise to the top (EU), but it will take a while for this to happen (if ever). If Europe was truly united though it would easily be the most powerful nation on earth.