Author Topic: Ask Fredwreck A Question....  (Read 2233 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Ask Fredwreck A Question....
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2002, 10:48:30 AM »
speakin of interveiws, wassup with the capone one?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

lbc213

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2002, 10:54:23 AM »
if he'll ever work with kurupt again and what he thinks about him going to death row

He already said "No" in some interview  :(

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2002, 04:17:45 PM »
This ones coo.....

What Message do U give to people of Middle Eastern decent tryin 2 accomplish what U have?

good one Rod
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
FredWreck.com
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2002, 04:43:45 PM »
He already said "No" in some interview :(
Yeah, on his official website, http://www.fredwreck.com.

Suga Foot

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2002, 09:52:15 PM »
Ask him how long it usually takes him to make a beat start to finish?

gFuNkA

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2002, 10:39:31 AM »
aks him what are his plans on the production side besides working for already famous artists like Snoop, Daz, Dre etc.
does he have any newcomers or underground ish coming out in the near future? what he thinks about working with overseas (europe) artists?  

heyyou

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2002, 10:57:32 PM »
Can someone please copy my article (Has snoop really fallen off?), which is posted of this forum, and pass it on to fred reck, 'cos it tells snoop what he needs to do to make a classic/dope album, thanks.

heyyou

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2002, 11:59:53 PM »
Here's the article I wrote, please pass it on to fredwreck, who should then pass it on to snoop, thanx:

This is one of a few articles I've quickly typed over-night and it's a little rushed.

Has Snoop really falllen off? (This is from a Snoop fan, I'm trying to be objective as possible)

In my opinion, in some ways yes, in another no. He is still a tight rapper, he still makes tight tracks, he just doesn't know how to make albums. I'll give eg's:

Tha Doggfather was a dissappointment as a follow up to Doggystyle. Why? It was too long, the production was patchy and flat, with a few exceptions. I think his flow was just as good as on doggystyle, his lyrics I think were actually better, but it's his vocal's were terrible. His vocals with his flw is what sets him apart with other rappers.

On Da Game.. which was very very bad. Why? Too many guest spots by awful No Limit rappers (except for Mia X who I think is an underrated MC), the beats didn't match Snoops flow (with a few exceptions), the beats sounded flat (poor mixing), the beats sounded like they were composed on a cheap casio keyboard. Snoop was lyrically at his worst, and again vocally he was poor. Still A G Thang was dope from Snoop, lyrically (as lyrics go for Snoop), and flow, but the beat was well overrated, and mixed poorly. The abum was too long at 80 mins.
The album was more like a collection of individual tracks slapped together. Songs like D.O.G.'s get loney 2 were awful, he should leave that R&B vibe, and stick to hip-hop.

Top Dogg was much better. But still, it was too long and sounded like a bunch of tracks thrown together (no particular order). The production was better, but at some points his lyrics and flow was still weak.
Snoops vocals overall improved from tha doggfather and da game..., but still it wasn't the same. Again, like on Da Game, Snoop should stop doing songs like Somethin 'bout ya bidness.

DMW. I don't really consider this a Snoop album, as he didn't have any input in it. Again it sounds slapped together, songs were unnecessarily too long eg. Change Gone Come, Gangsta Walk Gangsta Talk. Again Snoop's vocals let him down. May I was dope, the beat was a bit basic and flat, but his flow & lyrics were dope, but his vocals still let him down.

Last Meal. This was my second favourite behind doggystyle. Again this album was too long at nearly 80 mins, but at least there was some thought on the structure on the order of the tracks. I like the way the tracks link together non-stop, like the early death row albums, eg. the chronic, doggystyle, dogg food.
Not as many guest artists. People say kokane ruins the album, I don't think he does. The track he only ruins is Bring It On, and I don't listen to Brake Fluid, not because of kokane but because it's too long, and Snoop isn't that good on it. I think the production on the most part was dope (Timberland was very dissapointing), and with Dr. Dre mixing most tracks, the beats had that full sound (not flat). Issues was dope when I heard the promo, but when Dr. Dre had mixed it, and in CD quality, it's one of the dopest beats I've ever heard (I'm never tired of it). Snoops lyrics are more personal, some patchy lyrics, and his flow on most part was dope (with some flaws). But again, vocally he let down at points. His raps will sound much, much better if only he projects his voice, loud and clear (check everything Pre-murder was the case OST).

In summary, he hasn't fallen off as much as many people believe.

But for Snoop to make a good album

Keep it under 60 min, (around 12-14 tracks, with maybe a few skits under 30 sec)
Less guest artists, (and keep them in his circle, eg. DPG, Dre, Xzibit, Doggystyle Allstars, Warren G, Nate etc).
Tracks lasting under 4 min, with a few longer than that.
At least 90% Westcoast prodution, 10% Eastcoast.
No R&B type track like Somethin 'bout ya bidness etc.
Non-stop style like doggystyle, and last meal.
Kill-off Snoopy Collins, Sir Dogg, and Mac Minister
Quit the talking at the end of records for so long, eg. Ready 2 ryde
Good lyris, good flows, and most importantly...

He needs to improve on his VOCALS. This is the main contributing factor to Snoops style. He still has everything else, so really he hasn't fallen off. His best vocals post doggystyle was on Easy Mo Bee's Sound Of My Heat. Everybody needs to check Snoop on that track. If Snoop kept, the production, and flow the same, but improved on his vocals, all his tracks will sound much better by themselves.

P.S. Snoop doesn't need to rap fast, and loud to rip a track, eg. Lodi Dodi. So he I think he still raps dope on tracks like Pimp Slapp'd, good lyris, steady flow, and you can clearly understand what he says.

Alex

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2002, 10:25:35 AM »
1. whats up with snoop and dre, r they still cool with each other?
2.what is youre fav. album, production wise & in general

+[=PHI@SK0=]+

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2002, 11:24:47 AM »
What equipment does he use to produce? Specifically, what kind of analog synths and modules. I think he uses an MPC judged by his site, but what else?

(I'm just really feelin' his analog funk/synth sounds, I'm curious)
Please visit http://www.hubba.com/phiasko to download/listen to quality beats and remixes produced but Phiasko.[/glow]
Naz-T - Frontline LP (Coming Soon)
http://www.nazt-and-phiasko.cjb.net
Produced by: Phiasko
[/glow]

Jome

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2002, 05:45:40 PM »
1. Why the fuck are you jocking Dre's style all the time?
2. Nah, just playing, but how much would you say you are influenced by Dre, percent-wise?
3. Do you think Snoop is doing a good figure in the ongoing beef with Suge Knight?
4. What do you think of Suge?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2002, 12:47:51 PM »
so when ya gon c fredwreck then?