Author Topic: Do ya'll american's think we on some 3rd world shit in europe?  (Read 771 times)

Don Seer

man... i was talkin to nima last night and he was tellin me some dumb shit this broad he been fuckin said..

he told her he was from germany and she was like "do ya'll have cell phones out there?" LOL

Montana00

Re: Do ya'll american's think we on some 3rd world shit in europe?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 05:39:44 AM »
ive never been to europe but i always assumed that england, germany, and the other large countries were basically like america.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 05:42:34 AM »
The only 'negative' differences I think of when I think of Europe is that

1. everything over there is old as fuck.  In America, the oldest of anything is only 200 years old, because we're only 200 years old.  So there's not a lot of old buildings, old roads, etc. Yall have roads that have laid in the same spot for 2000 years, lol.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. 

2. everything always looks dirty in the pictures I see, lol.  Again, probably because it's old.  I live in Charlotte, though, which is one of the cleanest cities I've ever seen.  Everything looks brand new and spotless.  New York, Chicago, etc. on the other hand always looks filthy to me, too.  LOL

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 05:49:51 AM »
haha.. man most shit aint old.. it doesnt survive, or isnt worth keepin unless its of historical importance.. yeah there are some old buildings around but they're looked after.. but most things aren't of a different age than in america.

england isnt that big a place (slightly smaller than oregan according to google..), so its not been hard to modernise all the roads, electricity etc etc.

one example is that its rare to see overhead powercables and phone lines these days

u can see em where i live though, but not the rest of town.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 06:59:07 AM by Overseer »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 06:52:31 AM »
I dont know how Europe can be dirty when you cant even see the stars in cities like L.A. or N.Y. at night.

Old? Hm yes, Munich is pretty old.

But we shouldnt generalize Americans because one dumb as hell question by a dumb as hell girl.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 07:55:17 AM »

man... i was talkin to nima last night and he was tellin me some dumb shit this broad he been fuckin said..

he told her he was from germany and she was like "do ya'll have cell phones out there?" LOL

LOL

I know exactly what Nima means. I have been asked questions like: "Do you have cd's in The Netherlands?" and "Do you have planes in The Netherlands?" The worst part is... they are serious when they ask ;D

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 08:54:48 AM »
people are pretty dumb. I think the Cities in Europe are like Americas.. I dunno about the small European countries like Estonia.

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 09:03:02 AM »
I think the Cities in Europe are like Americas..

Not true, only new cities.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 01:09:19 PM »
The thing that always trips me out is like the buildings and shit people live in in New York.  They're so fuckin old, and they have about 2 inches of paint on the walls, because they've been painted and repainted since they were built in like 1910.  Everything's new here, it's a totally different scene. 

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 01:17:10 PM »
Providence is like that too. Everything seems to look new

hector

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 03:47:25 PM »
to answer your question:  yes, I'm sure a majority of people in america have a lack of thought just like that girl.

just like a majority of people in other countries assume that every american is rich.  or just likea majority of  people in other states assume every Californian is a surfer.

People aren't smart ya know.  Just read some posts in this forum.

mauzip

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 03:51:30 PM »
just like a majority of people in other countries assume that every american is rich. 

I don't know where you based that comment on, but that isn't true AT ALL.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 04:57:56 PM »
so u DO have cell phones???

pappy

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 05:23:27 PM »
I dont know how Europe can be dirty when you cant even see the stars in cities like L.A. or N.Y. at night.

i dont kno about LA but the reason you cant see stars in NYC is b/c of the lights.

eS El Duque

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 08:42:39 PM »

i dont kno about LA but the reason you cant see stars in NYC is b/c of the lights.

jup

I always thought in Europe everything is old, becuase Europe is like the "old world" or whatever. but really, i believe in europe they have everything we have here.