Author Topic: Do ya'll american's think we on some 3rd world shit in europe?  (Read 775 times)

mauzip

Re: Do ya'll american's think we on some 3rd world shit in europe?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 08:48:46 PM »
and with cell phones you people are like a half year behind! ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2004, 10:55:53 PM »
Nima been fuckin' some dumbass crackwhores...LOL

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2004, 12:52:54 AM »
I always thought of Europe as America, but with culture... lol

I've seen Mexico, some of it looks like the U.S., some of it looks like a large dirt village, in the U.S., some of it looks really clean, other parts looks like an urban mess. Europe I figured would be the same depending on the country. I'd imagion Eastern Europe to have more urban hell holes, well Western Europe to be more clean. But all and all, like every other country, the countries in Europe all have different areas that have different feels, even within the country.

Jome

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2004, 12:56:52 AM »
1. everything over there is old as fuck.  In America, the oldest of anything is only 200 years old, because we're only 200 years old.  So there's not a lot of old buildings, old roads, etc. Yall have roads that have laid in the same spot for 2000 years, lol.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. 

"Everything".. ??
It's basically just some cities, and only parts of the cities..
Many old buildings/castles/houses/attractions/churches etc. are kept in shape because they're often very good tourist attractions, and usually building a museum/memorial/attraction or something around it makes a lot of tourist go crazy.

In my city we get thousands of (mainly) Americans, Germans, Japanese & Chinese tourists every year..
Most of them brag about how fantastic the sights & attractions are, and that they never see any of that where they come from..
It's like a whole new dimension for them.. and then they come back year after year, and basically throw money into the city..  8)

We might not have 8 or 10 lane highways here, but I dunno about 2000 year old roads either... lol
The old parts of the cities are usually not the place people live..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2004, 03:58:19 AM »
I dont know how Europe can be dirty when you cant even see the stars in cities like L.A. or N.Y. at night.

Old? Hm yes, Munich is pretty old.

But we shouldnt generalize Americans because one dumb as hell question by a dumb as hell girl.

i've been to new york and i saw the stars and i'm in LA almost weekly and i definately can see the stars at night....hell i saw a fucking shooting star tonight. so i don't know what your foriegn ass is talking about

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2004, 07:30:55 AM »
so u DO have cell phones???

what american cell phone companies are there?

motorola, samsung, kyocera.. japanese?
nokia.. finnish (thats finland..).. btw.. nokia used to make car tires, they bought an english mobile phone company and used their technology

siemens.. german i believe..

btw.. we have often got smaller phones than ya'll because our cells are closer together

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2004, 09:12:58 AM »
i hate modern housing anything built in the last 20 years or so all looks the same and have no character. if u look at older streets each house is defferent i want a return to those days

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2004, 02:42:53 PM »
Just some reactions by Americans I've read after telling them I'm from the Netherlands:

'So do you wear wooden shoes?'
'Do you plant tulips?'
'Do you live in a mill?'
'So you live close to the Red Light District?'
'Do they have internet there then?'
'oh,so you're on drugs? bye!'
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2004, 03:40:33 PM »
I dont know how Europe can be dirty when you cant even see the stars in cities like L.A. or N.Y. at night.

i dont kno about LA but the reason you cant see stars in NYC is b/c of the lights.

Good point.  It's been years (as far as I know) since L.A. was covered in Smog like it used to be.  I remember one time in like 83 I was driving down into L.A. with my family, and coming down off "The Grapevine" you could just see this big haze of a cloud hanging over the city.  Craziest thing I've ever seen. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2004, 03:42:23 PM »
i hate modern housing anything built in the last 20 years or so all looks the same and have no character. if u look at older streets each house is defferent i want a return to those days

If that's what you build, yeah.  You can build a new house that looks original and different. 

Jome

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 06:12:22 PM »
btw.. nokia used to make car tires, they bought an english mobile phone company and used their technology

Nokian still makes 1st class tires..  ;D

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2004, 08:42:07 PM »

Same here. All the houses look the same. I remember I used to live out in Palmdale, California, really hot desert environment. Every house was the same model just different colors. I remember some nights, I would walk up to the wrong house or my parents would drive up in the wrong driveway lol. That's why I'm glad we moved back to an older more established neightborhood where the houses are all different from eachother.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2004, 12:32:14 AM »
Just some reactions by Americans I've read after telling them I'm from the Netherlands:

'So do you wear wooden shoes?'
'Do you plant tulips?'
'Do you live in a mill?'
'So you live close to the Red Light District?'
'Do they have internet there then?'
'oh,so you're on drugs? bye!'

you know why alot of people ask these questions ?

because like it or not Americans could generally give two flying fucks about the neverlands and what we do know is some old stuff.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2004, 03:28:07 AM »
No,the reason that is said is pure ignorance and preconceptions about my country,which you so lovingly call 'Neverlands',thereby proving my correctness in saying you're ignorant.
I'd personally give a fuck about any state in Africa yet I do at least have an idea about the situation in those countries there whereas I could tell you I wear wooden shoes,have a yard full of tulips,live in a mill,don't have a computer and go skate the Eleven Cities Tour (Yes,Eleven Cities,not eleven Lakes, as the Americans think.) and you'd believe me. I could even make your ignorant persona believe I'm a pimp in the red light district. Why? Because you know next to nothing of places outside your country.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

mauzip

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2004, 03:38:33 AM »
I could tell you I wear wooden shoes,have a yard full of tulips,live in a mill,don't have a computer and go skate the Eleven Cities Tour (Yes,Eleven Cities,not eleven Lakes, as the Americans think.) and you'd believe me. I could even make your ignorant persona believe I'm a pimp in the red light district. Why? Because you know next to nothing of places outside your country.

So true... so true...