Author Topic: Eazy-E - Impact of a Legend  (Read 1214 times)

That_Cracka_J

Eazy-E - Impact of a Legend
« on: June 19, 2002, 09:37:57 AM »

Eazy-E – Impact of a Legend

1. Intro
2. Eazy 1,2,3…Hella tight production.  Eazy’s flow is dope and he provides a catchy hook.  Even the guest artists perform well on the track.  5/5
3. Cock the 9…Tight beat.  Eazy lays down 2 short, but great verses.  Guest artists clutter the song.  3.5/5
4. Switchez…We already heard the first verse on Mack 10’s album, but this beat fits it better, plus there is another unheard verse.  Nice job on chorus.  Guest artist Roc Slanga isn’t bad with his short verse.  5/5
5. The rev…skit
6. No more tears…Again Eazy’s verse has already been heard on Nytowl’s album.  I like that version better.  Production here is decent.  Many guest artists.  3.5/5
7. Ruthless life…Nice production, but Eazy’s verse was taken from ‘Nutz on ya chin’.  It’s still a tight remix.  If they were going to take verses from other songs, there should have been no guest artists on the track.  3.5/5
8. Still fuckem…Hella tight production.  Eazy lays down 2 gangsta ass verses.  Paperboy appears along with The Genie and Phalos Mode.  4/5

OVERALL…7/10

Since Eazy-E is deceased, material is limited and Rhythm D worked with what he could.  There were actually only a couple of unreleased Eazy verses on the whole album and the rest if just filler material from no-name guest artists, making it sound more like a compilation than an EP.  If there were going to be that many guest artists, they should have been people E actually worked with and not these new-comers.  Still it was nice to hear some new Eazy-E material regardless.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eazy-E - Impact of a Legend
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 08:54:55 PM »
yeah this is a tite cd but u dont here eazy 2 much
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ez8o5

• 'G'
Re:Eazy-E - Impact of a Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 04:10:41 PM »
good cd, great dvd

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 11:35:23 PM »
good review. the DVD is great.

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 07:02:51 AM »
The DVD is great even though I wish they would have put all those old Ruthless videos in their entirety.

The CD isn't that great though I liked Rhythm D's production but all those no namers ruined it.  I think they should have just made Impact Of A Legend a tribute with all the artists Eazy was down with instead of trying to make it into a new solo type album.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 07:27:48 AM by Mr. RuthlessG »

Rain

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 03:27:13 AM »
I used to like this but i just gave it another listen after reading this review. it aint that crash hot. Even though Eazy is good on 'Switchez' the whole song sounds like something the Village People would enjoy.
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

DAYUM

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 10:13:28 PM »
cool review

prince

Re: Eazy-E - Impact of a Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 07:41:02 PM »
dope reveiw

my thoughts exactly