Author Topic: The Game's STREET single (eastcoast version) - Westside Story ft. 50 Cent  (Read 1850 times)

Killa-G

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • GATE 13 Style
Re: The Game's first single (most likely) - Westside Story ft. 50 Cent
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2004, 05:20:34 AM »
track is ill as fucc, dre still got it!!!
G-A-T-E 13

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2004, 05:30:05 AM »
Shit is dope, no doubt about it. Not exactly the kind of superhit In Da CLub was (at least I think so now, but i've only heard this once). But supa hot shit, no doubt.

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2004, 05:35:01 AM »
yeah the song is dope but 50´s hook/voice is annoying  >:(
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Don Seer

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2004, 06:25:41 AM »

very nice! :)

young ozwald

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2004, 07:29:27 AM »
WEST UP, DOPE WEST COAST TRACC, SOUND LIKE SOME NWA SHIT NOT MUSICAL BUT RAW.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2004, 09:55:30 AM »
yeah the song is dope but 50´s hook/voice is annoying  >:(

Yeah, I love the song and I'm a fan of 50 in general but he can't sing, and his constant "singing the hook" is pretty annoying.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2004, 10:00:13 AM »
I just found out about the song yesterday when I talked to Fat Rat who's one of the black wall street execs. He told me they sent it to the radio stations and yesterday was the world premiere on LA radio. He said it's definitely the first single. Is it me, or did we all realize that this album REALLY is gonna drop, unlike virtually EVERY other west coast artist album Dre was supposed to drop since like 96 97? Other than Chronic 2001, everything else got cancelled and shelfed that was west coast, and even though I have known that it was coming out for sure, it's still suprising to me.

Personally, this track is decent, but I can't judge the impact it'll have yet. It's definitely a solid track, and if he has a catchy club type of single to come out after this one, then I can see the album doin good. I don't know if you would really call "In the club" the 1st or second single, since some people called Wanksta the first single even though it was on a soundtrack. This one reminds me of Still dre, not just from the pianos, but because it's laid back, and is somewhat of a "recap" to the last few years like that track was.

I'll hit you all with more info as soon as I find out more.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2004, 10:16:51 AM »
And Buck told me, in Cashville I'm good when I come through
So I gotta tuck in my chain like DJ Pooh!

Hmmm...

"So I aint gotta tuck in my chain like DJ Pooh"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2004, 10:26:36 AM »
I just talked to my friend who is a DJ for a local radio station here, and he said that they're not allowed to play this song until this coming Monday, but he said that they do have the single for it! This shit is gonna blow the fuck up!

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2004, 10:39:07 AM »
Is it me, or did we all realize that this album REALLY is gonna drop, unlike virtually EVERY other west coast artist album Dre was supposed to drop since like 96 97? Other than Chronic 2001, everything else got cancelled and shelfed that was west coast, and even though I have known that it was coming out for sure, it's still suprising to me.

Yeah thats true, unlike the other records on Aftermath, I just knew this record is gonna drop, there was no doubt about him gettin dropped from the label. The track is decent, even if the beat is somewhat simple but Game comes off tight. Its good to hear him spit over new beats and not just the mixtape tracks. Thats the shit I wanted to hear from Game. I really hoped Games 1st single (and the whole album) wouldnt be on some G-Unit shit, even with Fiffy on it it has a westcoast feel to it. I knew Dre was smart enough to give him a west coast single
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Okka

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2004, 11:08:07 AM »
Fuckin dope track, but it should've been Nate on the hook, not 50 (but when the groupies see the name 50 Cent, they are gonna buy it)

teecee

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2004, 11:25:21 AM »
They shouldnt of had 50 or Nate on the hook, we hear them all day, every day.  It woulda been dope if Dre did the hook, i hope to hear Dre on the album.   AS for the song, i cant see it blowing up for any other reason than the fact 50 does the hook.   Seriously, the beat is not that good, and The Game is way too "gangster" on here to get any commerical success......although i should never underestimate the power of g-unit groupies.   But really, this is a cool song, havent really checked for game yet, dont see him really bringing the west back, too bad Dre didnt have anymore Family Affair or In Da Clun beats for him......

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2004, 11:38:54 AM »
i thought this was "pretty dope" when I first heard it. But it grews on you like CRAZY. I def didnt want 50 on the hook, but hey HAVE to do it for marketing. This is definitely a radio song too, meaning that hearing it on the radio makes it sound a lot better. some songs are like that. The Beat in LA premiered it on the B-Side and Game called in.

Woodrow

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2004, 12:06:34 PM »
I think it's a good idea to have 50 cent on the hook. Nate has how many songs on the radio right now?

-Groupie Love
-Houston Track
-Jadakiss Track
-Here's what they think of you...

The Hook is simple, but IMO thats a good thing. It makes it easy to sing along to and thats a good thing.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2004, 12:12:38 PM »
now i actually noticed how gay the hook is, 50 cant sing at all. But yeah, whatever has 50 written on it will blow the hell up so I dont really care  8)
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network