Poll

Are all cultures equal

No, some cultures are inferior
7 (50%)
Yes, all cultures are equal
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: August 30, 2004, 10:19:12 PM

Author Topic: Cultures all Equal?  (Read 860 times)

Trauma-san

Re: Cultures all Equal?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2004, 10:10:26 PM »
America is obviously a superior culture over others that don't have the freedoms we have, etc. 

???

Who do you consider "others".. ??

You'd just love for me to name names, wouldn't you? 

Jome

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2004, 10:23:45 PM »
America is obviously a superior culture over others that don't have the freedoms we have, etc. 

???

Who do you consider "others".. ??

You'd just love for me to name names, wouldn't you? 

Yeah, I would..
I'd like to know who you compare to, 3rd world countries or regimes.. ??
lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2004, 11:30:15 PM »
Western accomplishments in science and technology as well as respect for human rights that is expressed in the constitution. American Indians were less accomplished because they didn't build anything as well as didn't invent nothing because before the arrival of the Europeans to America, this land was nothing along with other lands in various parts of the world. They as well as other peoples didn't have a respect for human rights and didn't understand it because it wasn't a part of their world view.

Do you have any idea what you are saying, do you know any Native Americans? Do you know Native American culture, or the advancement of Native American culture. White societ discribes the Native American as a unruley savage that was in the way of John Wayne as he fought to push the United States foward. Of course this is all fantasy, but mainly people believe this view of the savage indian in the way of American progress. Let's take a closer look at Native American's shall we, or am I just wasting my time, because as a Native American, both from the United States and Mexico, I feel I should educate the uneducated so that they can understand my culture, and background more. But I feel that my words will fall on deaf ears, or blind eyes, or however you like it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2004, 12:26:10 AM »
you ain't 100% native american M-dogg....if you were you wouldn't be calling yourself native to america and mexico....you try to belittle someone else for being ignorant but your ignorant yourself....if you were a true Native american  you would have no mexican roots....if you were a true native mexican you'd be living in southern/central mexico right now and you'd look alot different ....you have ZEREO resemblences to TRUE BLUE native americans and their characteristics....you're just a watered down spanish/aztec mexican llike almost every other hispanic living in america.

now back to the topic at hand.....

i believe in what trauma said ....no not every culture is equal....that is so fucking retarded to think that all cultures are equal (culture meaning way of life and here's the key .....dominance to others)

however all people are equal , i'm no more special in theory than some zulu african

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

tommyilromano

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2004, 12:42:31 AM »
OK, you like Native American culture, great, but just because you like it doesn't mean it is equal to Western culture. The Indians in the Americas never stood a chance against the Europeans because there ways were inferior. Western man advanced while the Indians did not. I mean Cortez conquered the entire Aztec empire with like 200 people! Every culture has good qualities but no civilization put everything together like the West. This was due to the highly competitive nature of Europe and the fact that no one nation dominated. Yes, there were countries stronger than others but there was always balance in Europe where most other places there was only one game in town. I am not saying Europeans as individuals are superior but the culture is. What happened to the Indians is sad but La vita non e tutta rosa.

Western accomplishments in science and technology as well as respect for human rights that is expressed in the constitution. American Indians were less accomplished because they didn't build anything as well as didn't invent nothing because before the arrival of the Europeans to America, this land was nothing along with other lands in various parts of the world. They as well as other peoples didn't have a respect for human rights and didn't understand it because it wasn't a part of their world view.

Do you have any idea what you are saying, do you know any Native Americans? Do you know Native American culture, or the advancement of Native American culture. White societ discribes the Native American as a unruley savage that was in the way of John Wayne as he fought to push the United States foward. Of course this is all fantasy, but mainly people believe this view of the savage indian in the way of American progress. Let's take a closer look at Native American's shall we, or am I just wasting my time, because as a Native American, both from the United States and Mexico, I feel I should educate the uneducated so that they can understand my culture, and background more. But I feel that my words will fall on deaf ears, or blind eyes, or however you like it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2004, 12:54:23 AM »
^ i agree what happened to the indians was sad but inevitable. If one culture advances and one doesn't guess whose not making the cut.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

tommyilromano

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2004, 01:22:09 AM »
Yeah, but people in here would rather whine about it and talk about how bad America is. Every country, every civilization has blood on its hands.

^ i agree what happened to the indians was sad but inevitable. If one culture advances and one doesn't guess whose not making the cut.

mauzip

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2004, 03:35:12 AM »

True talk. For the ones that are not with me in this one:

There are many cultures where women do not have equal rights as men and 13 year old girls get babies because in that culture people think you need to get as many children as you can. Therefore men of all ages fuck girls who just had their first period.

So your saying that doesn't happen in America, right?  13 year old women aren't having sex and having babies in America, is that what your saying?

In America it is not a cultural thing. When something like this happens in America we are talking about pedophiles, but when something like this happens in say Somalia we're not necessarily talking about pedophiles.

infinite59

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2004, 09:12:51 AM »
First, I am not American. I am Sicilian/Castilian and this is not about America this is about the shared culture of the West in general and there are parallels. In this world the strong survive. Also it was through Muslim Spain anything was accomplished it was through Roman Catholic Spain and the other Latin European peoples. While it is true Arabic culture was dominant long ago that all came to an end after the Mongols conquered them and changed them forever. Like I said the strong survive and prosper.

If you honestly believe Islam, which is a religion not a culture, would have used Nuclear energy for all good you are mistaken. While there is no way to know for certain since it didn't happen the fundamentalism that goes hand in hand with Islam allows me to make my assumption. Also stop talking about Islam as if it is one unified people it isn't. I currently live in Turkey and I can tell you Turkish Muslims are nothing like those who live in Saudi Arabia or Iran. They are more like western Christians (semi-religious) then the hard-core stock that comes from further south. Also, even the fundis are identical because there is the Shiates and the Sunnis. Islam isn't unified so stop speaking as if it is.

First let's clear up the misinformation you are spreading about Islam and Islamic history. 

Actually, Islam is not a religion in the Western sense of the word.  It's not simply a belief but it is a practice, a way of life, a culture.  Everything Muslims do from the way they dress and wear their beard, to the way they go to the bathroom and the way they pray and get married, is either written about in the Noble Qu'ran; or it was a practice of the prophet (saws).

Second of all, the Mongols did not put an end to the Islamic empire.  Gengis Khan did lay destruction upon Muslims leading all the way to Baghdad, but the succeeding generations of Khan's converted to Islam and actually ended up expanding the Islamic Empire which remained strong all the way until almost the 18th Century, when the gold trade in the West lead to inflation in the East.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2004, 09:27:15 AM »
you ain't 100% native american M-dogg....if you were you wouldn't be calling yourself native to america and mexico....you try to belittle someone else for being ignorant but your ignorant yourself....if you were a true Native american  you would have no mexican roots....if you were a true native mexican you'd be living in southern/central mexico right now and you'd look alot different ....you have ZEREO resemblences to TRUE BLUE native americans and their characteristics....you're just a watered down spanish/aztec mexican llike almost every other hispanic living in america.

My roots, once again. My grandpa was a straight Aztec, or Mexica as they call themselves. He was 100%, out of the village indian, and he had all the features of someone that was 100% Mexica, or Aztec, whatever you want to call them. My other grandpa, Apache Indian from Arizona, but I don't know him that much, so I don't count his blood. My grandma, well she's mix for Native Mexican and Spanish, like most Mexicans. And my other grandma, she's Southern Piute from California. So enough about my blood. Jake, what are you, and why are you so into putting European culture as superiour. There is no superiour culture. In a war, right now, if Al Quada really wanted a religious war, they can go to the Vatican, which is an independent country, and take them over. I guess that makes Al Quada the superiour culture. THe North Vietnamese won the Vietnam War, they are the superiour culture to the United States and South Vietnam. Afganistan beat the Soviet Union, war does not make a culture. We learn from a European base education, because European countries have won most the wars in world history. Why is that, well Greece to Rome, to England and France and Spain, European countries have taken over the world. That's just part for how history worked. But I refuse to put cultures that spread slavery, that spread war, guns, and genocide as superiour to other cultures that promote peace and deep thought like many eastern cultures seen in Asia. I would say they are different but equal, but never would I say one is better than the other, because we all have different standards. Now lets see what Natives have done since they have gotten here, and before Europeans came.

Native adavancement.

Iroquois: they are the Native nation we modeled our own government. They had a constitution (http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/iroquois.html) and we copied their government which they had a confederecy of states, and one central federal governement.

Aztecs/Mexica: The Aztec were highly advance in math. They invented the number zero. Before European cultures had no concept of nothing, since nothing is really an abstract idea if you think about it. But the Aztecs had the concept of 0 in mathmatics. Also, Aztecs came up with the recall, impeachment idea. When Empiror Motizuma proved to only be working for the European visitors, the people revoluted against Motizuma, practicing a long running tradition in the Aztec Empire to get rid of rulers that don't do the will of the people.

Incas: My god, have you ever seen the buildings the Incas had in the top of the Andes Mountains. The Incas were highly advanced in mathmatics, and built beautiful buildings, and placed them high above the world, using huge stones, it's a great sight. I've only seen it on video when my friend from Peru showed me, but it was amazing, and I hope to see them in person someday.

And the main reason why Natives died off when Europeans came, well lets put it this way, most Natives actually died of disease that was brought because Europeans spend many days out in the sea, and picked up many disease on the way that Natives could not fight off with their immune system. Over 66% of Natives died of disease, not war.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2004, 09:51:57 AM »
This whole arguement is ridiculous and a waste of time. TommyilRamano is right.....western culture in indeed superior to all other cultures. Capitalism, freedom of speech, separation of church and state, democracy, science, human rights etc are all the foundation of western civilization and the pinnacle of human achievement.

That is why multiculturalism is a joke.....we have to pretend that foreign, backwards cultures are somehow just as relevant and important. Well there are not.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2004, 10:26:32 AM »
This whole arguement is ridiculous and a waste of time. TommyilRamano is right.....western culture in indeed superior to all other cultures. Capitalism, freedom of speech, separation of church and state, democracy, science, human rights etc are all the foundation of western civilization and the pinnacle of human achievement.

That is why multiculturalism is a joke.....we have to pretend that foreign, backwards cultures are somehow just as relevant and important. Well there are not.

Let's look at this deeper.

Capitalism - free trade was practiced in the Middle East back when western cultures were still trying to invent fire and throw spears at eacher.

freedom of speech - something no way was denied except when a few western monarchs decided that people joining together was a bad idea for their crown.

Seperation of church and state - something that came about with the founding of the United States. Western societies were tied close to the catholic church, therefore seperation of church and state has more to do with modern than western.

Democracy - is as old as the original Olympics. Also, a few Native tribes also produced Democracies too before "western" culture got here.

science - mathmatically speaking, the Aztecs where the most mathmatically advance people in the world before they encountered the Spanish. In fact, Cortez spoke on how nothing in Europe can compare to the Aztec cities.

Human rights - only went to other Europeans, as Africans where slaves. Also, Native Americans believed in human rights to a higher degree than Europeans. All life is valuable according to the Natives.

tommyilromano

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2004, 12:44:01 PM »
Yeah, its too bad Genghis didn't finish the job... Still its only a mtter of time before your Islamic faith becomes similar to today's Christians. All it will take is the poverty that so plagues the Middle East to come to an end and WALA! You have 'sorta kinda Muslims', like the Turks! You aren't even a real Muslim you just some wannabe hippy who dislikes America for whatever reason. Im done responding to you for now Ibo...

First, I am not American. I am Sicilian/Castilian and this is not about America this is about the shared culture of the West in general and there are parallels. In this world the strong survive. Also it was through Muslim Spain anything was accomplished it was through Roman Catholic Spain and the other Latin European peoples. While it is true Arabic culture was dominant long ago that all came to an end after the Mongols conquered them and changed them forever. Like I said the strong survive and prosper.

If you honestly believe Islam, which is a religion not a culture, would have used Nuclear energy for all good you are mistaken. While there is no way to know for certain since it didn't happen the fundamentalism that goes hand in hand with Islam allows me to make my assumption. Also stop talking about Islam as if it is one unified people it isn't. I currently live in Turkey and I can tell you Turkish Muslims are nothing like those who live in Saudi Arabia or Iran. They are more like western Christians (semi-religious) then the hard-core stock that comes from further south. Also, even the fundis are identical because there is the Shiates and the Sunnis. Islam isn't unified so stop speaking as if it is.

First let's clear up the misinformation you are spreading about Islam and Islamic history. 

Actually, Islam is not a religion in the Western sense of the word.  It's not simply a belief but it is a practice, a way of life, a culture.  Everything Muslims do from the way they dress and wear their beard, to the way they go to the bathroom and the way they pray and get married, is either written about in the Noble Qu'ran; or it was a practice of the prophet (saws).

Second of all, the Mongols did not put an end to the Islamic empire.  Gengis Khan did lay destruction upon Muslims leading all the way to Baghdad, but the succeeding generations of Khan's converted to Islam and actually ended up expanding the Islamic Empire which remained strong all the way until almost the 18th Century, when the gold trade in the West lead to inflation in the East.

tommyilromano

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2004, 12:53:42 PM »
My roots, once again. My grandpa was a straight Aztec, or Mexica as they call themselves. He was 100%, out of the village indian, and he had all the features of someone that was 100% Mexica, or Aztec, whatever you want to call them. My other grandpa, Apache Indian from Arizona, but I don't know him that much, so I don't count his blood. My grandma, well she's mix for Native Mexican and Spanish, like most Mexicans. And my other grandma, she's Southern Piute from California.

Well put on some leather skins, get your peace-pipe out, dance around like a drugged up retard and have a blast!

Native adavancement.

Iroquois: they are the Native nation we modeled our own government. They had a constitution (http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/iroquois.html) and we copied their government which they had a confederecy of states, and one central federal governement.

Aztecs/Mexica: The Aztec were highly advance in math. They invented the number zero. Before European cultures had no concept of nothing, since nothing is really an abstract idea if you think about it. But the Aztecs had the concept of 0 in mathmatics. Also, Aztecs came up with the recall, impeachment idea. When Empiror Motizuma proved to only be working for the European visitors, the people revoluted against Motizuma, practicing a long running tradition in the Aztec Empire to get rid of rulers that don't do the will of the people.

Incas: My god, have you ever seen the buildings the Incas had in the top of the Andes Mountains. The Incas were highly advanced in mathmatics, and built beautiful buildings, and placed them high above the world, using huge stones, it's a great sight. I've only seen it on video when my friend from Peru showed me, but it was amazing, and I hope to see them in person someday.

And the main reason why Natives died off when Europeans came, well lets put it this way, most Natives actually died of disease that was brought because Europeans spend many days out in the sea, and picked up many disease on the way that Natives could not fight off with their immune system. Over 66% of Natives died of disease, not war.

I am gonna sound like an asshole but the fact is how many real Indians do u come across in the US? Its been a while since I was last in the US but I know not many. Why is there only 4 pure Indians in the US you ask... well I will tell you... Because they are all dead. The Indians were conquered by a superior people. Was it nice... No but they are still all dead, they were conquered, and they are inferior. ciao

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2004, 01:13:20 PM »
^^^lol... oh my God. As I said, over 66% of Natives were killed by disease that Europeans brought that were foreign to the Americas. I now know that no matter what I say, you would change your position, and you would listen, so I'll just say this to end my argument. Europeans perfected war. War to them was an artform. You being European have grown up with this idea, therefore you look at your people's victories dating back to Rome, all the way up to World War I, ignoring World War II... lol... and look with pride as your people win battle after battle, disregarding life. If that is how you base a superiour culture, well that's great. To me, a great culture advances in math, science, technology. When the Spanish came to the Americans, as I said, Cortez said no place in Europe compares to the cities in the Aztec/Mexica Empire. The advances that could have happen could have been great, but some societies are not interested in war and gold. What's foreign to you does not mean it's savage, or inferior. But you were not raised thinking in that matter, so I can't explain it to you, therefore I'll allow you to think as you do.