1 (11.1%)
Motor Booty Affair
1 (11.1%)
Gloryhallastoopid
1 (11.1%)
Trombipulation
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Your favorite Parliament album  (Read 248 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Your favorite Parliament album
« on: August 22, 2004, 10:39:11 AM »
i guess since this is mainly a w/c hiphop board we should have sum people listenin to one of the dopest funk bands ever. i was just wondering which album is considered their best on here. I just listened to Motor Booty Affair again today, that cd or at least parts of it amaze me every time i listen to it (that's why i put it in my sig)...so i was wonderin which one y'all like best

Sikotic™

Re: Your favorite Parliament album
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 03:47:46 PM »
The only one I own is Mothership Connection, so I guess I gotta vote for it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 07:00:29 AM »
yeah, i ain't got em all either, some i've just heard parts off. but havin a fav don't mean havin heard everything

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 04:00:09 PM »
Hmm..I never heard of them..is it rap or what? and where are they from

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 04:02:53 PM »

You're fired.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 04:07:11 PM »
oops my bad didnt read the funk band part..

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 05:15:40 PM »
I don't even think I've ever seen one of their albums in a store, mainly becuase they have 5 million 'best of' albums.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 07:11:34 PM »

You're fired.

LMAO!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 10:14:43 PM »
I don't even think I've ever seen one of their albums in a store, mainly becuase they have 5 million 'best of' albums.

Same here, it pisses me off. I go into record stores searching for Parliament records all the time, no luck. I own 2 best of's though, 20th Century Masters and Tear The Roof Off Box Set.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 10:25:25 PM »
I voted chocolate city...

Far and away my fav album from them. It just seems more girmey and on a totaly different level than all the other albums. 

"Let me be" off that album could be one of my fav songs of all time. Bernie Worrell plays a fucking AMAZING piano and GC sings his ass off. I REALLY reccomend peeps download it and check it out...

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 10:26:22 PM »
Here's a DOPE ass page for everybody too...

http://www.duke.edu/~tmc/pfunk.html

It's called "The Motherpage" and is one of the best sources of P. Funk info on the web today. Check it out.

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 10:32:23 PM »

Same here, it pisses me off. I go into record stores searching for Parliament records all the time, no luck. I own 2 best of's though, 20th Century Masters and Tear The Roof Off Box Set.
You have a record player Lincoln? I had the same problem you had, but found almost an entire collection of parliment and funkadelic records at a garage sale. Got them all for like 65 bucks. It was crazy!

I dunno if half.com ships to canada, but they have some good shit too.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 11:01:16 PM »

You have a record player Lincoln? I had the same problem you had, but found almost an entire collection of parliment and funkadelic records at a garage sale. Got them all for like 65 bucks. It was crazy!

I dunno if half.com ships to canada, but they have some good shit too.

Yeah I have 2 record players, but I'm moving so I'm just taking the one with me to my new place. I need a new reciever and speakers though. Man moving is a pain in the ass. :P

You're lucky with that collection, garage sales around here are shit for records. Half.com unfortunately only ships in the US now I think.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 03:24:26 AM »
i got that "tear the roof of" thing.. but i got more funkadelic than parliament..

have a nice 3 disk box set with these albums on

hardcore jollies
one nation under a groove
uncle jam wants you
the electric spanking of the war babies

(which means i'm now only missing 1 funkadelic album..)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 03:27:56 AM by Overseer »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 01:33:01 PM »

You're fired.

lol

as for findin that shit, yeah it's difficult to actually find it in stores, but u can order most albums online...or otherwise d/l em, they worth it. that 5000 best of cds shit is true, but that's kinda the same for most great artists of the 70's and earlier...i hate that too