Author Topic: Eminem Is A Better Producer Than Dr. Dre...  (Read 1485 times)

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Executive Producer
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2002, 06:00:42 PM »
The way I see it is the executive producer of an album oversees the project.  He might choose which tracks make it, what order, arrange producers, etc.
(That's what I am assuming)
Traditionally, executive producers have just been the people that pay for the studio time, pay the guest stars, pay the producers, etc. But recently, the "Executive Producer" title has meant what you described (the person who oversees the project, makes sure that each beat is dope, makes sure that everyone's verses come correst, etc.).

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
People thought that Em's beats were Dre beats. . .
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2002, 06:05:06 PM »
Another thing...when the beats for TES leaked..half y'all thought they were Dre beats...but songs like these turned out to be Em produced gems...

"Square Dance"
"Till I Collapse"
"Sing For The Moment"
"When The Music Stops"
True, true.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Jermaine Dupri & Irv Gotti both have ZER0 skill!!!
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2002, 06:38:39 PM »
He could destroy weak bitches like JD or Irv Gotti but not Timbaland.
That's what I think.

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
Re: Eminem Is A Better Producer Than Dr. Dre...
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2002, 09:05:38 PM »
...@ the moment.

Face it, Dre is running low on his "2001" supply of beats.  He is obviously busy coming up with "Detox" beats and concepts.  This is why we aven't gotten anything spectacular from the usual Dr. Dre.  

Lets look @ this year:

"The Knoc" was a weak, poppy wannabe track that failed to get Knoc's lp out.

Dre's work on TES was nothing like what it was on MMLP.  "Business" is his dopest work yet this year.  The other two tracks are average.

His work on "Truthfully Speaking" was good.  "Push Play" was tight, "Jimmy" was average.  Although the "Addictive Remix" was the tightest of all.

"Miss You Remix" was prolly done in 10 minutes.  

Then Dre gave out a year and a half old track to Eve, "What."  "Satisfaction" is nice.  This will be a single, only Dre's third this year.  Again nothing banging like "Family Affair" from last year.

"What A Shame" and "Yo Ho" were again okay.

Now his stuff on Xzibit.  Again, nothing great.  It seems like I've heard "Choke Me, Spank Me" and Losin Your Mind" before.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Em pumped out some sick ass beats this year.

"Without Me" was a huge hit, along with his album, which he did 90% of.  He hooked up Royce Da 5'9 and Xzibit wih bangers.

You also got "Loose Yourself" and the whole "8-Mile" deal along with 50 Cent.

Em is just getting better and better, and I think this year, Eminem has done a better job.

Em could destroy any rapper-producers like Jermaine Dupri, Timbaland and Irv Gotti for sure.

Wha ya think?

STOP SMOKIN´ THAT CRACK FOOL!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

Murrow

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2002, 06:27:13 AM »

STOP SMOKIN´ THAT CRACK FOOL!!!

STOP SUCKIN' THAT DICK FOOL!!!

bez

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2002, 07:02:06 AM »
ahahah 10 out of 10 for that come back Murrow.loloololol

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2002, 07:42:55 AM »
i cunt care less if dre's beats are shite at the minute, but i don't like them kind of beats what em makes anyways...but i could agree that em is considered better at the minute, tho dre is better al2getha

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2008, 01:54:21 PM »
...@ the moment.

Face it, Dre is running low on his "2001" supply of beats.  He is obviously busy coming up with "Detox" beats and concepts.  This is why we aven't gotten anything spectacular from the usual Dr. Dre.  

Lets look @ this year:

"The Knoc" was a weak, poppy wannabe track that failed to get Knoc's lp out.

Dre's work on TES was nothing like what it was on MMLP.  "Business" is his dopest work yet this year.  The other two tracks are average.

His work on "Truthfully Speaking" was good.  "Push Play" was tight, "Jimmy" was average.  Although the "Addictive Remix" was the tightest of all.

"Miss You Remix" was prolly done in 10 minutes.  

Then Dre gave out a year and a half old track to Eve, "What."  "Satisfaction" is nice.  This will be a single, only Dre's third this year.  Again nothing banging like "Family Affair" from last year.

"What A Shame" and "Yo Ho" were again okay.

Now his stuff on Xzibit.  Again, nothing great.  It seems like I've heard "Choke Me, Spank Me" and Losin Your Mind" before.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Em pumped out some sick ass beats this year.

"Without Me" was a huge hit, along with his album, which he did 90% of.  He hooked up Royce Da 5'9 and Xzibit wih bangers.

You also got "Loose Yourself" and the whole "8-Mile" deal along with 50 Cent.

Em is just getting better and better, and I think this year, Eminem has done a better job.

Em could destroy any rapper-producers like Jermaine Dupri, Timbaland and Irv Gotti for sure.

Wha ya think?

the funny things ppl will say
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Kalonjii

• 'G'
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2008, 02:10:28 PM »
Wow, to believe niggas were really taling about Detox 6 years ago...we shouldn't even call it Detox anymore because the project has been started over so many times. That nigga Quick said Dre has recorded over 400 songs for the album, that means he don't know what direction to go in.
Quote from: Big PaybaCC
u sound like a broad,"he think he hard", if u think he fakin,then prove him wrong...i think im hard ...so what!!! prove me wrong!!! cuzz beat up yukmouth,lil scrappy,sosa(young buccs artist),badazz,and fired on busta rhymes bodyguard even though it didnt go the way he planned it...

^^^^ Damn, Spider Loc's own artist snitchin on that nigga like a mothafucka...

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »
Dumb Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MakaveliThaDon1996

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »
Are you fucking serious?

Em is a garbage producer.  Just listen to his crappy ass remixes on Pac's albums.  A good producer doesn't need to fuck up Pac's vocals because he can't make a good beat to match the vocals.

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »
LMAO!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2008, 05:27:27 PM »
eminem's beats can't fuck wit dre's shit are you crazy ????
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
dre's the goat so...

The D.O.C and

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2008, 09:32:36 AM »
dre's the goat so...
I agree to the fullest. I was just bumpin' The Chronic.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.