Poll

Would you rather live in a diverse area or an area with only your people?

A Diverse Area
14 (66.7%)
An area with your race/nationality
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: A poll just out of curiosity...  (Read 1431 times)

Sikotic™

A poll just out of curiosity...
« on: August 22, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »
I personally, would like to live in a diverse population of people. The reason being, is because when you live in that kind of environment, you  seem to be more open minded and exposed to different ideas/cultures. People that live in populations that are not diverse seem to be very closed minded in my view, bit then again they seem very comfortable.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mauzip

Re: A poll just out of curiosity...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 10:46:17 PM »
I liked it the best when I was the only one with my nationality.  :)

pappy

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 11:14:09 PM »
I dont mind diversity.  But also i want to be around my own people as well.  I dont want to be the only white guy around.  I dont mind diversity i like it.  except when it gets to the point when im the outsider now.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 06:22:03 AM »
diversity is always better because you can easier practice things that your race is not as much in as other races... like playing basketball, eating chinese and mexican food ... and so on. I'd like to have ppl around me that like Rap & Basketball as much as I do, but I dont, you know.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 07:38:18 AM »
I've heard it all now.  Diversity is better because white people can learn how to eat chinese food. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 08:30:28 AM »
I've heard it all now.  Diversity is better because white people can learn how to eat chinese food. 

it's about having the chance to experience other cultures and by that gaining the chance to practice hobbies and other stuff ... blacks can listen to brian wilson and whites can listen to michael jackson and so on.. cultural diversity brings veriety which can only be good and makes life less boring, since you know more things and you might like more things.
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 10:15:52 AM »
Wouldn't make a difference to me, I'd just continue to live my life as I normally do.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 11:16:28 AM »
i'm not sure.. i think it might make people keep to themselves more

i wonder if this has been tried.. ?

cheaper house when u have white | black | mexi | chinese... etc etc..

would people be swapping houses?

would they fight?

would they be all nice n happy?

would they move out in a short period of time?

i'm of an opinion that the next boundary above colour is money

« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 11:26:34 AM by Overseer »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 01:21:38 PM »
I live in the most diverse place in America and I must say, it's great. But what U have to realize is, seperation will always be in progress. Like for example, Asians still kick it only with eachother even though it's diverse as fuc out here. Class seperation, now that's different, like if U have a white dood dats from the bottom in my neighbourhood, everyone's coo wit it and kick it like it's nothing, but as soon as U have some upper class white dood come thru, U can smell it from a mile away, he don't belong out here, so people check em. So for the most part, it's class seperation. Every part of the country is different though. I could go on for days with examples, but I'm too layzie.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Thirteen

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 01:46:48 PM »

it's about having the chance to experience other cultures and by that gaining the chance to practice hobbies and other stuff ... blacks can listen to brian wilson and whites can listen to michael jackson and so on.. cultural diversity brings veriety which can only be good and makes life less boring, since you know more things and you might like more things.

so i can't listen to michael jackson until a black person lives around me? that sucks....

i think i get what you're saying though. the community where i live tends to the people that live in it, that's why we have tons of italian restaraunts and pizzarias, and just a few mexican restaraunts...in fact i think we have more indian cuisine than mexican....

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 01:52:11 PM »
im not like anyone i know, and i love meeting new people, im actually tired of my friends, and i cant wait to make new 1s in college, i love diverse people, and i love people different than me, so i can learn new things from them

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 04:27:54 PM »
diverse cause I wanna get to know more people, more cultures, etc..

pappy

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 04:32:31 PM »
I live in the most diverse place in America

actually queens ny is the most diverse place in the western hemisphere.

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »
I just did a search for the most diverse place in the world (because I thought Vancouver was), and the results I got were, (in no order), Queens, San Franciso, Sacramento, Toronto and Vancouver.  So I dunno.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2004, 05:33:10 PM »
I just did a search for the most diverse place in the world (because I thought Vancouver was), and the results I got were, (in no order), Queens, San Franciso, Sacramento, Toronto and Vancouver.  So I dunno.

maybe because it's approximately the same amount of diversity.
notice all is in America (not USA; North America). The melting pot.
No, it's not a sin